RSS

Wednesday 120125

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Bulgarian Split Squats (front rack position)

After a thorough warm-up including both empty barbell and weighted sets, perform 4 working sets of 6 reps each leg, sets across. You have about a 10# window upon which you can move up but anything higher than that and it becomes your first set and you must complete 3 more sets with that new weight. Four minute clock. Compare to 111130.

Conditioning

Sprint a 300 Yard Shuttle x 3

Depending on class size, you'll be split into groups of 4-6 so that groups receive at least a 3 to 1 rest to work ratio. The shuttle run is 25 yards there and back x 6. Compare to 111118.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.

The ultimate crossfitter. Addi has been doing this for a long time now and she, by far, is one of the most well rounded crossfitters I have ever had the opportunity to work with, witness compete, and see develop.


Addi started from a lower point than most of you think. She didn't come to us as a college athlete like Libby or Stacie. She came to us just like 90% of our existing members. A person looking to try something new that didn't want to waste time in a machine filled, franchised gym. She was out of shape and cried all the time, but with hard work, persistent learning, continuous effort to become a better gymnast, a great understanding of eating in a way that works for her (important lesson) and her performance, and a great personality, she has become one of CFO's go to people when it comes to competing.

She is still continuing to get better even after 4+ years of crossfitting. She doesn't always have great days, she doesn't always want to do what she needs to do, she's had her fair share of injuries, but she's smart about taking care of her body, she's a gamer, and love's to play CrossFit.

She, Shelley, and Kat, did a marvelous job this weekend. This gym is proud to have Addi and Shelley as members (and Kat as a past member) as they are undeniably great role models for the sport and our gym and great people.

edit post

18 Responses to "Wednesday 120125"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Badass Addi!!! I love the opportunities I have whenever I get to work out with you. You are a great role model!!
  3. svioli Says:
  4. The women ruled the 5 am class this morning - way to go ladies!

    Hey - anyone interested in participating in this? Warrior Dash - Nebraska. (http://warriordash.com/register2012_nebraska.php)

    Looks like fun!
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. 93,98,98,98; these felt easier than last time and maybe should have gone up in weight last set by another 5 pounds. Did 88,93,93,98 last time.

    1:05, 1:07, 1:09 on shuttle sprints.

    Great job 5 am!!

    Addi is one of the best crossfitters out there, not just in terms of ability but also heart. I think you could throw anything at her, and she'd nail it. She's been a big influence/help to me and understands the movements and has an eye for what needs to be "fixed". Great job this weekend!!
  7. Kristina Nash Says:
  8. Addi is an inspiration! And funny too! I often look to her for kitchen advice. She rocks, hands down!

    Sue...I'm signed up for the 9 am heat. DO IT!

    I went up 5 pounds on the split squat from where I was last time! Yeah! It was tough towards the end of the 4th set, but next time I will increase weight again for sure.

    My legs felt like lead during the shuttle runs. My times were not stellar and that is a bit disappointing. I can tell I have not gotten enough sleep the last couple days and my insane day at work yesterday set in today. Looking forward to an early bedtime tonight and a day of rest tomorrow.

    It was nice to be back with the 9 am peeps! Way to go guys! JenS you are a machine! Your strength is my motivation:)
  9. BC Says:
  10. Sports bra...booty shorts...flowing locks...I don't even know who you are anymore Addi. Next you'll be tweeting about how much you love your "sweet new workout skirt from Lulu Lemon, LOL!" and asking who else is interested in running a half marathon with you. You've changed man, you've changed.

    Ok, in all seriuosness Addi does, indeed, destrominate things on a regular basis and if today's Addi were to ever meet the Addi from when she first started at CFO, today's Addi would punch that Addi in her baby making parts just out of principle. That's actually a compliment.
  11. BC Says:
  12. Oh, and warrior dash...hells yeah! I'm in.
  13. Jen Says:
  14. 82 for the split squats. I feel like I could have gone up 5lbs on my right leg, but my left leg would have punched me in the face for it.

    1:11, 1:17 and 1:16 for the shuttle "jogs."

    So our next CFO t-shirts should simply read "i love Addi."
  15. Egan Says:
  16. Addi,

    You do ROCK!! Way to go lady!! Nice job to all who went down to Texas to Kick some BUTT!
  17. paul Says:
  18. um, yeah, is Addi really that great?
  19. paul Says:
  20. Okay, now my real comment. Addi's pretty badass. But like Ricky says, she wasn't always the strongest or the fastest. That's the most amazing thing. Well done, Addi, you monster!

    I can barely walk thanks to yesterday and today!

    Split squats: 88, 88, 93, 98. Moved my front foot closer to the bench on the last set and that helped a lot. I think I'm figuring out the movement now.

    Shuttles: 1:04, 1:08, 1:07. Legs were jello.
  21. Mark Says:
  22. First time doing these split squats with a barbell. I did 88-88-93-98 and my right leg made it through a lot easier than my left leg. Maybe I should be doing more of these to even them out.

    Shuttle runs were terrible as expected. My times were 1:13, 1:14, 1:17. I was aiming for under 1:15 each time but the in the third round my legs said no thank you.
  23. Danny Says:
  24. 118# on split squats from the front rack. For some reason my left leg felt better than my right today, which is unusual.

    1:01, 1:05, 1:08 for the shuttles. Went all out on the first one and paid for it on the next two.
  25. Addi Says:
  26. Aw, shucks. Thanks, everyone, for the kind words! This gym and community mean the world to me, and it's hard to put into words how much it's all changed my life for the better. And thanks for keeping me in my place, BC and Paul! I can always count on you. :)

    Had a great time this weekend - great competition, great company, great food, great city. Great great great.
  27. Paula Says:
  28. Addi....is a badass, a beast, warrior, an inspiration, motivational, a role model, great teammate, and a real genuine person. She is a also a great resource for nutrition. SHE IS CROSSFIT!!! Maybe we should name a WOD after her!

    Most of us can relate to her as far as coming into Crossfit with no athletic background and being out of shape. It shows us that with a lot of dedication, hard work, and proper nutrition we have hope. There is an athlete in everyone! I have had my fair share of injuries which have given my a few setbacks. It's as if I go 2 steps forward and 1 step back, but I will never give up!! I will always continue to strive to the best that I can be.
  29. JennG Says:
  30. One of the best things about Addi is that, like the other elite athletes at our gym, she is always willing to share of her time, experiences and knowledge to anyone who asks. It's very easy to be intimidated by the high performing people at the gym, but everyone at CFO is very inclusive.

    By the way, we can't forget Ricky this last weekend. He also did a great job and, along with our ladies, makes us proud to say we're from CFO!

    I had never done front rack BSS before so went 58-53-53-58. It was enough.
    Got through 1.5 of the shuttles when the last couple days caught up with me. Gotta fuel the activity...
  31. Kristina Nash Says:
  32. Paula that is a stellar idea: Fran and Cindy have nothing on Addi!

    BC the warrior dash will sell out, so SIGN UP!
  33. BigD Says:
  34. Addi is my hero, but like you said Jenn, all you guys that did the Fittest Games are an inspiration.
  35. Natalie Says:
  36. Addi was one of the first crossfitters I ever met. She immediately told me how she wasn't an athlete (before CFO) and used to cry all the time. I liked her immediately. She kicks ass, she bitches about it, and continues to kick ass. Love it. Cool picture. I suggest Josh tattoos it over his heart.

Thanks For Visiting!