RSS

Thursday 120126

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Watch this closely and put it into effect. This is a biggie for a lot of you. Watching last night's 5:30pm class alone with the Bulgarian Split Squats, I saw torso issues as they relate to the hip. It's all about position people.

If you can't get into the position in the first place, you can't perform the movement right, no matter how well you understand the mechanics. It all soon ends up with someone getting injured and thus blaming it on the movement but in actuality, it was the inability to get into a safe, sound position to begin with. Fix it.

edit post

17 Responses to "Thursday 120126"

  1. BC Says:
  2. Warrior Dash update - Jess and I are all registered and signed up for the 10am time slot along with Josh Kahrs and I'm assuming many others. Still plenty of slots available but sounds like they fill up fast so if you're thinking about doing it just stop thinking and start doing. A 5K run over walls, under barbed wire, across rope bridges and tight ropes, through mud and over fire because F@$K YEAH!!! I'm going to Warrior Dash my face off and I think we need a huge CFO contingent there, and I'm not above calling people out - PAUL AUDI, ERIC CLEMENTS, DAVE LECLAIRE, EGAN GYLASOMETHING, JOE WESTERCHUMP, DUSTIN STACIESHUSBAND, TARA BLACKCHICK, JENN GR-ASSKICKER, SHELLEY 3DARTSISTOOMUCH, MEGAN RHABDOMILLER, JON DREAMY, AK-47, TRICKY TEXICAN, ADAM CHESTROCKWELL...I'll think of more.
  3. Addi Says:
  4. AK-47 was signed up before you were, Mr. Fostersen.
  5. paul Says:
  6. HAHAHAHA!!
  7. Tovar Says:
  8. Wow BC! You are el fuego lately. Gotta love it! Maybe you should start your own CFO version of a "dry wall/beastmodaldomain" blog.
  9. Jen Says:
  10. Best rest day ever! I got a muscle up today. Thought it was a fluke so I did it 6 times. So pumped.
    Thanks to 9am for putting up with the dorkiest celebratory lap around the gym.
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. BC,
    I will do this warrior dash if JEN GR-ASSKICKER does it too.
    Sincerely,
    Tara "Blackchick" Doughty
  13. Paula Says:
  14. I'm all in with the Warrior Dash! I think it sounds like a blast! Come and join us Tara and JennG!!!!

    Jen, a huge Congrats on your muscle up!!! That's frickin awesome! I would have loved to see your victory lap!!!
  15. paul Says:
  16. That's awesome, Jen!!
  17. svioli Says:
  18. They had me at free "fuzzy warrior helmet." I'm in at 10:00 AM!
  19. JennG Says:
  20. Geesh! Ok..I'm in at 10:00 am. Get your "Blackchick" ass signed up!
  21. Shelley Says:
  22. Congrats Jen!!! That's awesome!!!

    I worked on muscle ups (still working on getting the first one), T2B and dips.

    Signed up for the 10:00 am time on the Warrior Dash.
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Blackchick here...I am signed up.
    I will begin working on my last will in testiment tonight. Because I will die on June 9th.
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. *last will and testament...Don't want AK-47 after me and my grammatical errors...
  27. Addi Says:
  28. I was going to let that one slide, Tara. Just don't let it happen again.

    Jen A and I are teaming up with some other trainers at Optimum - we've been challenged by the lunch class at First National. So you guys are going to have to make sure we don't slack off. With all the trash I talk in that class (uncharacteristic, no?), I can't afford to lose. :)
  29. BigD Says:
  30. BC,
    I'm in.
    Been in a fever haze all day. Give me the where and when.
  31. BigD Says:
  32. BC,
    Disregard my last. Signed up for the 10AM slot.
    Was going to sign up anyways, but glad you called me out.
  33. Gdawg Says:
  34. WOW! BC how much fun did you have coming up with those names!? I think they'd look rad on some tshirts. Rhabdomiller is gonna sign up for 10am right meow!

Thanks For Visiting!