RSS

Tuesday 120814

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Strength

Dead-lift 1x5

After a thorough warm-up complete one set of 5 dead-lifts. The weight chosen should be 5 pounds heavier than the last time we did them on 120709 or maybe, for you, it was 120227. If this is your first time doing these, choose a heavy but manageable weight and record it for next time.

Conditioning

As many reps as possible in 3 minutes of:
Burpees

Post all results to comments/Logwod.

This is part 1 of why you should wrap your thumb around the bar and not over the bar. Click HERE for part 2.

You see a better way to do pull ups or to keep your shoulders healthy during pull ups. I see, why you are having trouble with overhead squats, jerks, and maybe even push presses. Watch both videos and see if you can't see what I see.

edit post

11 Responses to "Tuesday 120814"

  1. Eric C Says:
  2. 1x5=284#
    56 Burpees

    Couldn't quite hold the 20 Burpee/min rate I was shooting for.

    Great noon class today!

    Didn't seem like a lot of work, but Julie and I were both a little shaky after that one.
  3. paul Says:
  4. DL: 404x5. Felt solid. I couldn't have done this without the mobility work. I was feeling very tight when I woke up this morning.

    56 burpees. Paced a little too much during the 2nd minute.
  5. paul Says:
  6. oh, and since Shane didn't like yesterday's joke, here's another one:

    what's tall, dark, and handsome with a monster deadlift?

    give up?

    Nice work, noon class!

  7. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail Says:
  8. Noobie DL 1x5: 176# and 50 burpees in 3 mins...came close to my husband's 54. Thanks for the encouragement Addi! ;)
  9. Paula Says:
  10. DL- 198#- it was a 11# jump from July. I was a little hesitant going up 11# vs 5#, but in July I wrote I could have gone up and I was feeling strong today, so I went for it and glad I did. Tara, it was fun lifting with you! I've missed ya girl!

    42 Burpees....yay burpees!!

    Nice working with the 4:30...Great job ya all! Joe's lizard imitation is a classic for sure! LMAO!
  11. Egan Says:
  12. Hey All!! Jimbo's last 6:30 evening class is Wednesday - tomorrow- so if you want a great workout with a great coach come to 6:30!!!!
  13. Alex Says:
  14. 243# DL and 43-45 burpees. I'm not sure. I lost count.
  15. Alex Says:
  16. 243# DL and 43-45 burpees. I'm not sure. I lost count.
  17. Rooks Says:
  18. 286 on DL
    45 or 46 Burpees

    Good Job 9am!
  19. Dane Says:
  20. 330# on deadlift.
    55 burpes.

    I could have gone a little faster on the burpes during the first 1:30 (got 24 in the first half and 31 in the 2ndd half). DL felt pretty good, reps 1-4 were done with descent form and then it went to hell on rep 5 but I got it!

    Nice work 5:30.
  21. JLeggs Says:
  22. 296 on the DL (1X5).
    56 Burpees.

Thanks For Visiting!