RSS

Wednesday 120627

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Overhead Walking Lunge 10-10-10-10 reps

Use plates or kettlebells (if kettlebells, one in each hand). One set is 10 total steps with the arms completely locked out overhead. Increase weight each set. Two minute clock.

Conditioning

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 reps for time of:
Double Unders
Feet Anchored Ab Mat Sit ups

Compare to 120404.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.

CFO Programming: Often imitated. Never duplicated. We know where the sport is going and are willing to take the calculated risks needed to get our members to their next level of fitness.

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." - Mae West


I would like to introduce our newest CFO'er, Tate Reed Guenther. Tate was born on Friday, June 22nd at 7:47pm, tipped the scales at 9lbs. 4 oz., and measured in at 21 inches in length.

He is the son of our great friends Brad and Natalie Guenther. Congratulations to them both and we all cannot wait to meet him.

edit post

9 Responses to "Wednesday 120627"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Congratulations, Guenthers!!
  3. Shane Says:
  4. Great looking kid, Brad and Natalie. Congrats!
    Had fun with the 6am class today...still feeling the effects from doing Ricky's Evil Troika last night. Enjoy, all.
  5. Tovar Says:
  6. Congrats Brad and Natalie! Looks like you've got yourselves another little wrestler. :)
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Cut 50 seconds off of my Annie time today. Woo!
  9. Gdawg Says:
  10. congrats Brad and Natalie!

    Great work at 9am today, I liked the partner set up for Annie, thanks for cheering me on Jen! This was a nice WOD to ease me back in after taking about a week off for Trials. Not sure If I'll make it in the rest of the week either but this weeks programming is looking great!

    77# (green and red plate) for Lunges.

    7:51 Annie:
    I PR'd on consec. DU's...I don't ever remember getting 50 so I'm pretty sure that was a first, and I don't know what my previous Annie time was but I know it was 8-9minutes and today I did 7:51. Double unders were on! Situps were slower than I'd like them to be but I was consistent with my pace and never stopped moving. Can't believe the times on the record board sub 7! impressive!

    Good luck to evening groups!
  11. paul Says:
  12. Congrats, Natalie and Brad!!

    And nice work on the PRs, people!

    I did 4x10 OH lunges with 42.5# DBs (or 45?...not sure).

    Then 5 rds
    10 DB bench press (50#)
    15 swings (45#)
    untimed.

    Used a plate for the swings, which was awkward, but got my heart going. I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I took it pretty easy today.
  13. Paula Says:
  14. Back was a hurting' a bit so have taken the past 2 days off. Will be there tomorrow to make up a few things.

    Congrats to the Annie PR's!

    And a huge congrats to the Guenthers!!!! I'm so excited for the both of you!

    Is there Pilates tomorrow night?
  15. Lauren F. Says:
  16. Congrats Brad and Natalie!

    Super excited about today...PR'd Annie by about 3:20. I had tried it on a rest day when I first started at CFO in April and got 12:10. Today, finished in 8:52 :). Also PR'd consecutive DU's with 50 (previous was around 30). Did all sets of DU's unbroken except for the round of 40 where I tripped up with about 7 to go. Huge for me, as double unders are usually horribly frustrating. Agree with Megan G in that I like the partner format. Thanks Megan F for cheering me on and Jimbo for reminding me to breathe :).

    Did 25# DBs for the lunges. Great job 5:30 class, way to sweat it out!!
  17. Dane Says:
  18. Congrats guys!

    I had to miss Wednesday so I made it up today over lunch.

    Did 135# for the lunges which felt good strength wise but the non-bumper plates with handles at my work's gym were kind of hard to balance.

    10:16 on Annie. Did DU's unbroken throughout, however, sit-ups kicked my butt. I need to work on these on Thursdays or Saturdays.

Thanks For Visiting!