RSS

Wednesday 120404

Unknown Filed Under:
It's been quite a couple of days the last two days and we'd like Wednesday to be a bit of a change of pace and somewhat of a recovery day even though Thursday is right around the corner. With that being said, let's see how many people we can get in the gym tomorrow. Let's fill up all the classes! At the end of the day, I'll post which class had the most people. Which time slot will win?

WOD
Skill/Strength

Strongman Day (30-40 minutes)

We'll break up into groups and play around with (teach) tire flips, farmer's walks, and........ wait for it...... STONES. Yes, we'll bring out the stones and teach some technique.

Conditioning

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 reps for time of:
Double Unders
Sit ups

Post results to comments/Logwod.

Compare to 110622.


Got a craving for pancakes? These I'll allow...

Recipe (depending on how many you want to make):
2-4 bananas
1-2 eggs
1-2 heaping spoonfuls of almond butter
Some coconut oil for the pan/griddle


Mix all ingredients in food processor and pour and brown in a pan/griddle greased with the coconut oil just as you would regular pancakes. Don't ruin by adding high sugared syrup. Add fruit and/or butter as a topping or even include a scoop or two of Progenex or your favorite protein powder to the recipe for a nice all around meal. Enjoy.

edit post

9 Responses to "Wednesday 120404"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Aaaaahhhh! Best day ever! Tires flips and stones!!!
  3. Doug Anderson Says:
  4. 6:33 Rx'd this morning, Thanks for the push Danny.
  5. Sbrownfield Says:
  6. I love these pancakes. I like to add some cinnamon and chopped nuts as well. As syrup, I warm up some frozen berries and it makes its own juice...yum!

    Loved the workout today...it was fun! Good job 5 a.m.
  7. Jen Says:
  8. I love flipping tires and picking up stones. Nothing better! I've never had the chance to give the stones a go so I was pumped today. I was able to lift the heaviest one.

    6:43 for Annie. Would have been a better time, but I sat there for a bit until Addi reminded me that I still had 10 sit ups left. Good lord. Thanks Addi.
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. Loved today (before Annie anyway)

    Did first round:
    10 stone cleans (used middle weight stone
    farmers walk 120 yards w/ 1.5 pd KB's
    15 tire flips (used medium weight tire)
    Second round:
    5 stone cleans (middle weight stone)
    farmers walk 80 yards w/ 2.0 pd KB's
    8 tire flips (medium weight tire)

    First time using the stones; definitely technique driven as my second round was easier; lots of hip needed

    Tire flips felt great and seemed much easier than I remember

    Annie: 8:08 Rx'd; previous best is 6:53

    I suck at situps and when Ricky comes around at rep 22 in round of 50 and points out that you need to touch floor on other side of DB, that made it suck more (I had been touching top of DB's for first 22)

    DU's unbroken.

    Good job nooners! Fun times with pics with tires afterwards!! Good to see you Allison!!
  11. Allison H :) Says:
  12. We pick things up and we put them down!!!

    I love stone cleans!!! I love tire flips!!! Not so much love for farmer walks but it was definitely a FUN DAY!!!

    Annie 9:53 rxd.

    Now how could I have any more fun today after this? ;)

    thanks Shelley! it's great to be back if only for a little while!! :)
  13. Shane Says:
  14. DUG this. I love all three strength things from today. And I'm starting to make friends with my new jump rope (some issues are still being worked through).
  15. Paula Says:
  16. Had a BLAST tonite with Strongwomen stuff!!

    Annie...10 sit-ups from finishing. Dangit. But is was definitely a huge PR for me.

    Stayed after to row a 5K with JennG and MeganG.

    Great job 6:30!! Good, good times!!!!
  17. lynn Says:
  18. Holy Hell strongman day! I look like someone beat the living sh*t out of me but it was fun! Tackled the big tire and won. I truly had to work for every single flip but I got all 23 of them.

    Thank goodness today is a 'rest' day as I hope to be able to move tomorrow for class. Great job 6:30!

Thanks For Visiting!