RSS

Thursday 120405

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Everyone needs to try this today. Spend 2-3 minutes each side and test/retest with a deep squat. The focus should be on contracting the glutes the whole time the band is pulling the hip capsule up and the plate pushing the knee down. Use the free foot to anchor the foot that is connected to the hip you're mobilizing.

This looks like a nasty one. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
_________________________________

For those of you that haven't heard....

Jon Day has decided to pursue other CrossFit business opportunities in Omaha. Jon is a great trainer and an even better person. His departure is difficult, but is a somewhat predictable part of the growing popularity of CrossFit globally, nationally, and locally.

Our commitment at CFO is the same: to be the best CrossFit affiliate in the world by improving quality of life through improving human movement and building community. It was a pleasure to watch Jon grow from CFO client, to understudy, to team competitor, and CFO trainer. He will be missed.

edit post

7 Responses to "Thursday 120405"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Felt like a workout just getting into position for that groin stretch. Spent two minutes a side silently cursing Mobility WOD as I was doing these, but man, did I feel a difference in the squat re-test! Good stuff.
    Did the power clean part from Monday w/132. Weight didn't feel too heavy but was trying to really focus on landing with my hips back instead of right under me. Couple years in of practicing that and it's still a work in progress. Thanks for keeping me honest Amanda!
    Nice showing for a 5am rest day!
  3. paul Says:
  4. Jon, you will most definitely be missed. I've learned an awful lot from you and always enjoy your training, bro!!
  5. Allison H :) Says:
  6. JON DAY RULES!!! Congrats and good luck Jon and Jen! :)
  7. Addi Says:
  8. Great morning at the gym.

    5x1 full clean and split jerk @ 80-85%
    used 131 for sets 1-3, then 136. Clean is feeling faster and more explosive, but jerk is still a little "floaty." Not sticking the landing like I'd like either. Lucky for me, more of these tomorrow.

    Then I poached Stacie's metcon.
    5 rds:
    15 pistols
    10 DL @ 198#
    5 bar muscle-ups
    15:55

    Pistols and muscle-ups went better than expected, but deadlifts were hard for me today. Couldn't control my breath or heart rate and I kept losing control of my legs - ended up breaking up all but the first set. That was a surprise - that's not a weight I should struggle with. Stacie, of course, made them look way too easy.

    Hip MOB was great - awkward to get in and out of, and it took a minute or so on the first leg to figure out what I was doing, but once I got going it was definitely effective. Definitely making it into my regular rotation.
  9. Sherv Says:
  10. 398# 1RM Deadlift today

    thats a 46# PR from last October. Thanks to Amanda for the coaching this morning.

    Definitely will be sorry to see Jon go, but I guess when somebody is that good, you have to share them with the world. Good luck, Jon!

    Corey
  11. paul Says:
  12. 3x5 back squat: 274#. Had to fight to keep my chest up. Need to make sure I back squat regularly.

    Then 7 rds:
    5 strict pullups
    10 DL (223#)
    15 hand-release pushups

    16:43. Ouch. Could. Not. Breathe. Even 223# felt heavy today. Good one, though. I needed to suffer a little bit, and I did.
  13. Paula Says:
  14. Work on some strength stuff with BSx5-125# (max 10reps) and Bench x5- 93#.

    Congrats Angie H. on the 20" box jumps!! Way to go, girl...and Congrats to JennG on her DU PR! You girls ROCK!

    Jon Day, thanks for your awesome coaching! I've learned a lot from you over the past few years. They are lucky to have you. You and Jen will be greatly missed at CFO!! Good luck to you!

Thanks For Visiting!