RSS

Wednesday 120328

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Pistols - Every Minute on the Minute

Perform between 2-5 reps each leg every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. The use of weightlifting shoes are allowed but considered scaling. Use less reps and closer to the real movement rather than more reps and a heavily scaled movement.

Conditioning

10 rounds for time of:
8 Wall Balls
8 Pull ups

The goal is unbroken throughout. Guys use a 20# ball and ladies a 14# ball but both must hit the wall above the top red line for the rep to count. Again, shoot for unbroken. If this means 6 or even 4 reps of each movement or a lower target, so be it.

Post results to comments/Logwod.


Back by popular demand.....

edit post

9 Responses to "Wednesday 120328"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Pistols were tough today. I had to use a 25# DB as a counterweight (wearing 5 fingers). I probably got about 15/leg all told. They were slow going. Amanda told me to make sure my weight was over the middle of my foot, and that helped a lot.

    Shoulder acting up, so I scaled to 10 rds:
    12 ball slams (16#)
    5 ring rows
    10:10.

    Started out doing 8 ring rows, but after two rounds that got too hard.
  3. Jen Says:
  4. Pistols were good. Started with 5 each leg for the first 3 min and then dropped to 4 each leg and then 3 for the last few rnds. Focused on sitting back and keeping my front leg high. Also tried to keep my chest up.

    8:41 RX'd for the metcon. All unbroken. :) I did feel it in my grip on the last 2 rnds of PUs. I never thought wall balls would be my "rest time."
  5. Paula Says:
  6. I did pistols with squatting on 3 reds. I was able to do 5 with right leg and only 3-4 on the left.

    I did 26 rounds of 1 pullup and 1 wall ball in the 10". I needed work on pull-ups. This was a good wod. I put rx'd on the board...ha! I guess it wouldn't be rx'd if I only did 1 and 1. If we do this a year from now I WILL do the prescribed reps of 8 and 8.

    Great job 9:00!
  7. Gdawg Says:
  8. 9 am is such a happy group! Nice work today guys!
  9. Stephen Says:
  10. I got 26 total reps for the pistols. I got a balance issue on my right leg that is strangely absent on my left leg (I'm right side dominant). I scaled to 5/5 for wall balls and pull ups. I got them unbroken.
  11. Doug Anderson Says:
  12. 7:59 this morning on the met on as prescribed. I agree with Jen, I never thought of wall balls as my breather.

    My pistols are a complete disaster and will get a lot of attention going forward. I think my pistols were the entertainment for the 5am group!
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. Pistols were usually 2 each leg each minute, but I was having problems with my heel still coming up a bit. Fell backwards a few times also.....

    Scaled reps to 6/6 for metcon and went unbroken through 8 rounds. WB's remained unbroken, but my pullups fell apart in round 9 and I was breaking them up. Got through 11 rounds plus 4 WB's for 136 reps (goal was 13 plus 2 WB's and 2 PU's to get the 160 reps)

    Good work 4:30!!
  15. Shelley Says:
  16. Doug,
    I provided the entertainment at 4:30. Tessa made sure to be at least 15 feet behind me when we were rolling backwards and "popping" back up to our feet. I somehow managed to need almost 15 feet of space... and Joe that wasn't my hipbone hitting the floor, that was my "buns of steel". Haha:)
  17. Kristina Nash Says:
  18. Sad to say "adios" to strength class, but I'm looking forward to getting back to the Group Class. I do love me some pistols!

    Nice work everyone!

Thanks For Visiting!