RSS

Thursday 120308

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


A big shout out to Joe Leggett. Great attitude, does a really good honey badger voice, and works hard to overcome his mobility limitations. Just look at that set up for the snatch. Legit!

edit post

10 Responses to "Thursday 120308"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. Went in and did 9 minutes of 12.3 to test pace and get a feel for the workout.

    Got through 4 rounds plus 15 box jumps and 12 push presses. Pace seemed about right.

    I was reminded of what a great friend once said "toes to bar can suck it". Thanks Kat!!!

    Box jumps and push press felt great, toes to bar slowed me down. (no surprise there)

    Great job to Sherrie and Dave who did full workout at 5 a.m.!!

    Brian Brown did great too; was around for awhile at the 6 a.m. so witnessed his performance.

    Great pic Joe!
  3. BC Says:
  4. Well 12.3 is in the books...thank Zeus (I went with Zeus because I definitely feel like I got hit with a thunderbolt).

    4 rounds plus 2 T2B for a total of 173 reps. Box jumps weren't a problem, I stepped down to try and keep my heartrate down but kept the speed high (or tried to anyway). Push presses sucked, period. That 115# gets real heavy real quick. And T2B actually went fairly well, I had to break them up in 3 sets but my kipping and stringing them together is getting much better, I was just getting too fatigued to stay on the bar for very long. I've been drinking a whole lot of weak sauce lately.

    Good luck to everyone else, it's a grinder.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Is weak sauce paleo?
  7. BC Says:
  8. Weak sauce is not paleo. It does, however go well with pizza, red velvet cake and no sleep.
  9. Paula Says:
  10. Did the 12.3 WOD tonight. I've only gotten 2 T2b in the past so I was really worried on how it was going to go. Tonight I got 69 reps including a total of 15 T2B! I pretty excited. Not big number but I'm happy except for ripping the hell out of my hands. The price we pay although I'd do it all over again.

    Thanks for counting Reba! I felt so bad for you. It must of been so painful watching me. I will not be doing this again on saturday. But I'm coming to cheer ya all on!

    Joe, it's been great having you at CFO! You have a great sense of humor and always making us laugh!
    Take care of that neck!
  11. BigD Says:
  12. Paula, that's awesome! Way to work girl!
    Shelley, you and Megan continue to kick ass on these WODs. Can't wait to see what you guys do in the full 18 minutes!
    Nice work Sherri! Fun working out next to you.
    And huge shout out to Doug for being my counter at 5AM!
    Love being around such a great group of folks!
    198 reps on 12.3
    Need to find a better pace on box jumps, and I think I'll try more of a push jerk next time. Oh, and I really need to STOP RESTING! But, at least my toes to bar stayed unbroken each set. Got to take those small victories...
    Can't wait to give this one another go.
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Sounds delicious.
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Made up yesterday's high bar back squats. Worked up to 174 - not what I would have liked, but it felt heavy and not entirely pretty. So much work to do - hope it comes back quickly!

    Then worked on a bunch of mobility to prep for 12.3 on Saturday. Ankles and shoulders have been a little crunchy, so I want to hammer those the next couple days.

    Counted reps for Marie - nice work, girl! Kept getting faster each round. Loved it.
  17. Joe Says:
  18. "Eeeew...what's that in it's mouth!?"

    Thanks everyone! I love CFO!
  19. Joe Says:
  20. "Eeeew...what's that in it's mouth!?"

    Thanks everyone! I love CFO!

Thanks For Visiting!