RSS

Wednesday 120307

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

High Bar Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

After a thorough warm-up and on a 2.5 minute clock, find the heaviest weight you can high bar back squat for 3 reps within 5 sets.

Conditioning

Three rounds, each for max distance on the rower, of:
250 yard shuttle
10 pulls on the rower.
Rest is ratio of 3:1 (rest:work)

The goal of this workout is to sprint the distance of 19 mats, there and back, 5 times, followed immediately by jumping on the rower as fast as you can and getting in 10 pulls for max distance. All rowers must be kept to a damper setting of 4.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


Who doesn't love these guys? Love how far they've both come. Love their dedication to health and well-being. Love their willingness to help out others in the gym. Great attitudes.

Thank you Greg (left) and thank you Wes for the opportunity. CFO appreciates you.

edit post

11 Responses to "Wednesday 120307"

  1. paul Says:
  2. I'm not always excited about rest days, but I am this week!

    279 for the high-bar back squat. Nice lifting with you, John!

    It's hard to get much distance with the damper at 4. 102, 99, 102. A little disappointed, but happy with the sprints.
  3. Addi Says:
  4. Oy. Glad today is my rest day - can't imagine back squatting today, the way my legs feel. It's not great. I'm shot! Looking forward to making this up tomorrow, though.

    Only 9 hours, 32 minutes until 12.3!
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. I finished High bar back squat at 223#

    Went 174,189,203,213,223. The last 3 sets felt the same in terms of effort/difficulty so I think maybe I should have gone up a bit more.

    104,108 and 109 on 10 pulls on the rower. I tried to keep up with Paul on sprints, but he beat me.

    Good work 6 a.m. Enjoyed working with Gina and Megan Mac on squats.
  7. Paula Says:
  8. BS-worked up the 135#. Probably could have done another 10#.

    Rows - 73m, 78m, 72m = 223m total
    Shuttles sucked as usual.

    Awesome job 9am!

    Greg and Wes...I LOVE these guys! You are so inspiring and such a great asset to CFO!
  9. BigD Says:
  10. Greg and Wes. Definitely pilars of the community.
  11. Dave Paladino Says:
  12. I am not sure if I will walk after that
  13. paul Says:
  14. I'm loving 12.3! Yesterday was such good prep for how to pace it!
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Agree! It's "pick 3 things Addi likes" week! Not crazy about 18 min, but the recent programming has helped me a LOT in those longer time domains. Definitely better in both endurance and mental game/pacing. Looking forward to this one!!
  17. BC Says:
  18. I've been bad about not posting lately, I won't let it happen again.

    216# for the back squats. Seems like we rarely do high bar squats and as it turns out I didn't dislike them nearly as much as I thought I did (in fact I actually rather enjoyed them, but don't tell the low bar squats, they get jealous).

    Rows were 139, 139, 152. Sprints sucked goat anus.

    Nice work 5:30 crew.
  19. JennG Says:
  20. Did all 5 rounds at 64#. I'm appreciating the opportunity to be forced with work on technique. Hoping this will pay off oodles when I can start adding weight.

    Scaled conditioning to 150 meter shuttles (yes, BC, Princess Grasskicker ran tonight).
    Struggled with the fact that I'm apparently a dope and can't understand simple instructions, provided in crystal clarity by Jon Day, so my first round of rower pulls, I got 90 meters. Improved as things went along.
    2nd Round: 169m
    3rd Round: 217m

    Stayed after with Rhabdomiller to "judge" & cheer for the strength class as they did 12.3! Good time!!
  21. Stacie Says:
  22. 174, 198, 213, 228, 242 x 3
    Held back on wt because I was unsure what 12.3 would be, regretting that today.

    Shuttles were fun, thanks for pushing me Tom!

    Rower: 188, 183, 178

Thanks For Visiting!