RSS

Wednesday 120208

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
De-load

Mobility

Hips/Hamstrings/Psoas/IT Band

Skill/Strength

Low Bar Back Squat 

At the top of every second minute, perform 2 back squats @ 65% of your most recent 1RM. Keep the same weight for all sets. Make it light and much more about cleaning up your squat.

Conditioning

10 rounds, not for time, of:
Strict Pull ups, 1, 2, or 3 reps
3 Box Jumps, 24," 30," 36,", or 42" box
Rest as needed b/w sets.

For pull ups, pick one of the above rep schemes and stick with it (touch collar bone for rep to count). For box jumps, the first height you start with is the height you stick with. Thirty inches is blue/green on box w/ riser. Thirty-six is red/red/green. Forty-two is red/red/red/yellow. Step down from box and use hands to help at 36" and 42."


You probably didn't know but CFO is lululemon's gym of the month. They are highlighting us for the month of February by giving us some shout outs on their Facebook page, hitting up the gym once a week, and allowing us to come into the showroom and host a small 45 minute class on Saturday mornings at 9am.

 This is a really cool thing and we're very appreciative of the opportunity.

edit post

5 Responses to "Wednesday 120208"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 176# for squats; 2 strict pullups, 3 box jumps at 36" per round.

    Everything felt good today. In hindsight, I think I could have done 3 strict pullups/round, but I wasn't sure how these would hold up over 10 rounds.
  3. Jen Says:
  4. 142 for squats; 3 strict pu, and 36" for box jumps. Used 40" for the last 2 rnds.

    Good times!
  5. Kristina Nash Says:
  6. Hello psoas. So sorry to have neglected you all this time. I will do my best to give you more attention in the future.

    132# for squats, just a smidge over 65% for me. 3 collar bone to bar kipping pull ups and I'm not totally sure on box height. I did a red/yellow for about 6 rounds then red/yellow/green for the last 4. Kind of intimidating, but I got it done!

    It's kinda fun to shift around class times...got to play with some people I don't see a lot! The cool people make CFO that much cooler:)
  7. Addi Says:
  8. 147# squats - a little weird to squat in my Minimus instead of my lifting shoes. :) Also, couldn't shake the urge to wrap my thumbs around the bar. Just one of those days.

    Started with 3 strict chest-to-bar pullups, then switched to 2 strict chest-to-bar L-pullups. The transition at the bottom from the 1st to the 2nd pullup is the sticky part for me.

    Box jumps @ 42". Last few sets, added a green. Tried a few times to get the jerk box - got it twice with an approach, but mentally couldn't get it from a stand-still.

    I LOVE TALL BOX JUMPS!! Finally, a use for my freakishly long femurs.
  9. BC Says:
  10. 176# for squats.

    3 strict pullups each cycle.

    Alternated box jumps between 42" and the jerk box. I could make it on the jerk box no problem on the first jump (with no approach step Addi, that sh!t's weak) but needed a little longer to recharge for the 2nd attempt, couldn't just go right back into it. So I would do 1 jump on the jerk box then 3 jumps on 42" (which felt incredibly easy after the jerk box). Definitely a fan of high box jumps, especially like them more than repetitive jumps (because of my fear of someday suffering an exploding achilles tendon, pretty sure that would suck balls).

    Feels a little odd to de-load considering that, with the new baby and all, I feel like I haven't had any time to "load." But sleep hasn't been ideal lately, and there have been a few more dietary lapses than I would like to admit, so maybe this week is just what I need to hit the reset button.

Thanks For Visiting!