RSS

Tuesday 120207

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
De-load

Mobility

Shoulders/Thoracic Spine 

Skill/Strength

Handstand Walks - 30 seconds on/45 seconds off x 6

If handstand walks are not in the cards, spend your time trying to get into a freestanding handstand or focus on handstands against a wall where you take turns tapping the same side shoulder with your fingertips.

Conditioning

AMRAP in 5 minutes of:
15 Air Squats, 2 second count at the top
Rest 10 seconds
Walking Lunges, 15 steps
Rest 10 seconds

The 10 second rest periods are mandatory. Don't cut it short but rather use it to help you go faster during squats and lunges.


Just Add (Good) Meat!

I've added the nutrition seminar to MindBody so that I can get an idea of who is interested in coming. Remember, your immediate family is also invited, free of charge.

Click on the link below to sign up. There will be some new stuff along with some old stuff. I hope you can join me. Email me if you have any questions.

Nutrition Seminar, February 11th, 12-1:30PM

edit post

4 Responses to "Tuesday 120207"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. I worked on getting into freestanding handstands as I don't allow myself to get vertical enough.

    I didn't keep track of reps on the airsquats/lunges.

    Afterwards I did 3 HSPU's on the minute for 10 minutes using green plates and an abmat. I got 7 strict then the rest were kipping. I only got 2 in minutes 5,6 and 9. I also worked T2B on technique and actually get it now. I could only manage 2-3 at a time before I lost it, but I at least know how it feels when done correctly. I also did L sits in between T2B. I could hold for a maximum of :12 before feet dropped below paralletes.

    Megan Mac and I have been doing the extra things after class or before depending on the day, and it's nice to have someone critique and provide input.
  3. Addi Says:
  4. I need to get my ass out of bed and come play with you, girls.

    Loving the mobility work this week. I try to do a little every day, but it's nice to have it prescribed for me so I don't just pick the ones that hurt less. :)

    HS walks were just okay today. Staying in a handstand wasn't an issue (easier than usual today), but just couldn't move forward very well. Got about 10' once or twice; otherwise not much doin'. Still, I love working on handstands, so at least I had fun.

    120 reps (4 rds even) on the conditioning. I liked having to take the 10 sec rest (and not just because I'm lazy. that's part of it, but not all of it.) - kept my lunges fast and strong. Those tend to crap out on me pretty fast. Thanks for the help with the squats, Amanda! Took me a couple rounds, but I figured it out. :) Slow. Learner.
  5. paul Says:
  6. got a quick one in at home. (workout, that is. OH SNAP!)

    12 pushups
    25 squats
    12 pushups
    20 DL (135)
    12 pushups
    25 squats
    12 pushups
    20 DL
    12 pushups

    4:55

    also did a little HS work, but not as much as I should've.
  7. Kristina Nash Says:
  8. I embraced the de-load theme today and de-loaded my entire body by allowing myself a little extra sleep.

    Back at legit de-loading tomorrow. !

    Super sweet lulu shout outs this month! Oh yeah!

Thanks For Visiting!