RSS

Friday 120106

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Press 1-1-1-1-1 reps

Warm-up using x5(eb) x5 x3 x2. Works sets will be completed on a 3 minute time interval. Compare to 110829.

Conditioning

As many reps as possible in 1 minute of:
Sumo dead-lift High Pull

Rest 2 minutes. Complete 3 cycles. Range of motion is ground to bottom of chin. Click comments to see prescribed weights.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


What do you see? Give me a word or short phrase...
_________________________________________

Make sure and sign up for Saturday classes as we will be retesting the 2RM Back Squat, 800 meter run, and 10 minutes of Cindy during all classes. Are you improved?

edit post

12 Responses to "Friday 120106"

  1. Ricky Frausto Says:
  2. Weights for today's workout are as follows and dependent upon your final dead-lift set of 5 from Wednesday:

    Men
    400 or greater - 88#
    350 or greater - 79#
    300 or greater - 74#
    250 or greater - 69#
    249 or less - 64#

    Ladies
    300 or greater - 68#
    250 or greater - 63#
    200 or greater - 58#
    150 or greater - 53#
    149 or less - 43# (range is below the knee)

    No one will be allowed to use bumper plates (thus no bar dropping) unless you lifted 400+ on Wednesday. If you weren't here on Wednesday, go off of the last time you dead-lifted for 5 reps but the highest you can go is 79# (no bumpers).

    Since training plates are at a premium, partner up on bars, if needed, but no more than 3 to a bar.
  3. Andy Gomel Says:
  4. This was during the toy drive workout and she did an awesome job on power clean, a 2 rep PR! What's going on here is hard work as usual. Good job Megan.
  5. BC Says:
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Determined and focused!!! Great pic Megan! I love the opportunities I get to work out next to you in class. It's very motivating.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Thanks guys! Not the most flattering picture, but I think it shows a face we all make when we're pushing the max. Shelley, it is always inspiring to work next to you as well!!
  11. paul Says:
  12. Great pic! one word that comes to mind is 'control'!

    150# for the press, 31-28-28 for the SDLHP using 79#. My biceps were screaming--I'm still recovering from the 75 CTB pullups on Wednesday.
  13. Steve Says:
  14. I was happy to team up with Megan for the toy drive WOD... it's really an all out effort on my part to keep up with her.

    For those runners in the gym, or anyone else interested in a fun challenge, the Ni-Bthaska-Ke Trail Run, is scheduled for Saturday April 7. I think this is one of the most beautiful runs around, and it is considered the most difficult trail run in the state. There's a 4 mile and 12 km course.

    If interested, sign up early as they're capping the race this year at 600 people. And as many people have found out already, a lot of races in NE are filling up ASAP.
  15. Kristina Nash Says:
  16. Megan you may think this in not a flattering pic, but I think it is bad ass. It shows controlled power! Way to go girl!

    Steve-I did that race last year...it is a beast. I may be talked into the 4 miler if others want to team up. I'll pass on the 12K this year.

    79# press, which is a 5 lb PR from last time. I don't feel super confident with my grip in this movement. I want to use the hard part of my hand, but for some reason I don't feel like I get it in the right spot and keep my wrists straight. Hmmmm?

    53# SDHP 25/25/26

    Nice working and chatting with you Jenna!
  17. Michael Rock Says:
  18. I hope Andy does not take back all the awesome gifts I got him for Chritmas. But if he does maybe I can get something for myself with the money.
  19. Paula Says:
  20. Love the pic Megan! I admire your strength and determination! Keep up the good work...the sky is the limit for you!

    Went to 4:30 class for a change. 98# for the press...failed at 103#. I"ll get it next time.

    Sumo wod: 28,26,26. Thanks for the tips Greg P.

    Nice work 4:30. It was a good time...being the only girl and all! Ha!
  21. Andy Gomel Says:
  22. Mike she wouldn't do that would she? I guess so ...haha
  23. BigD Says:
  24. Two words. Game. Face.
    169 on press today. 10# off my 1RM, so not the best, but not bad for not strict pressing in a while.
    Went 30/30/30 in SDHP. Great working with you today Jeremy!

Thanks For Visiting!