RSS

Tuesday 111004

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Bear Complex"
Five rounds, seven sets of the following sequence:
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Push Press (behind the neck)

Rest between rounds as needed. One round = 7 times through the sequence.

(watch demo below for full details)

You should be at max load by round 4 or 5.

Post heaviest weight used to comments/Logwod.



Watch this for full details. Start light but end heavy. Challenge yourself.

edit post

17 Responses to "Tuesday 111004"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 114# Rx'd.

    I did 53,63,82,99, and 114#. I power cleaned and thrustered first reps throughout. I went straight out of back squat into press overhead on rounds 53 and 63 but after that, I push pressed from behind.

    Grip and forearms took a beating with this one.

    I love teaming up with Brian Brown. We pushed each other a bit and counted each other's reps and were good "cheerleaders".

    6 a.m. did great once again!!

    We did this on Dec 15, 2009 if anyone wants to compare their results to today. Back then I did 97# on my last round.
  3. Eric C Says:
  4. 137# Rx'd

    This is such a marathon WOD! The last couple rounds took at least 3 minutes each to get thru!

    This is a 5# PR up from 132# back in 12/09.

    Nice working with you this morning and nice job crushing this one Danny!
  5. Hilg Says:
  6. Maybe kinda whimped out on this one.

    110# Rx'd. Started with Trainers and moved up by 10# each round. Didn't really have a point of reference so now I do!

    Great job 6am!
  7. Jess Says:
  8. 58# Rx'd. I could have gone heavier but was afraid to because of the form I was having to use on PC in order to get around my belly.

    Great job 6am and thanks for cheering for me on my last round!

    JChrist
  9. BC Says:
  10. 110# (compared to 115# back in 12/09). Even though I have borderline OCD when it comes to logging everything, for some reason I had no record of the last time I did this, so I didn't know what I had done last time till after the fact (thank you Shelley for pointing out where to find it). In hindsight I'm a little disappointed with my performance but I'll get over it. Nice job 6am.
  11. BC Says:
  12. And of course now I see my last results in Logwod. Brilliant.
  13. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  14. Tall clean - light speed work
    Full clean & push jerk 2RM @ 95% RM
    - 239, 242, 242
    Front Squat (5/3/1)
    186, 205, 231x7

    Main site / CFO from few days ago
    6 HSPUs
    12 CTB Pull Ups
    24 Walking Lunges (35's)
    * Messed up the clock - 7:00-7:10ish
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Good times. This was tough, but the 7th round always came around faster than I expected.

    114# on round 4. Squat clean, push press, and rack thruster all the way through, except for a brief fling with power clean, thruster in that 4th time through. Only lasted 1 or 2 reps - it felt awkward after all those squat cleans.

    I had intended to go 119# on the 5th round, but 114# felt like a max. And my left knee hurt a little. Looking back, I think it's just a little bruised from the lunges yesterday (my knee was "kissing" the ground pretty aggressively.) but at the time I thought it was a warning to quit squatting lest I pay the consequences. Either way, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have made it through at 119. I might have gotten close, but the overheads were feeling rough.

    119# will definitely be the target for next time, though. It's well within reach.
  17. Addi Says:
  18. P. S. Noon class was killing it today. I love these workouts - these are the days that make you stronger and better at life. And freaking hungry as hell.

    Congrats on the monster weight, Jake. You were making it look easy.
  19. paul Says:
  20. Elbow can't tolerate much in the way of barbell overhead work, so i just worked out by myself today. Did two full rds of the bear, 44# and 64#. Tried 94#, but lowering it behind the neck was hurting, so I quit.

    Did some DL, worked up to 1 rep at 394. My glutes were too tired from lunges yesterday for me to pull much weight.

    One of those days, but i'm not worried about it. going to rest and get after it on Thursday.
  21. jakeH Says:
  22. Thanks Addi. Everybody was working really hard today and moving some heavy weight.

    Got to 164 today and I am very pleased with this number. I have never done this WOD before and feel that heavier weight is possible. Started @ 88, 110, 132, 154, 164.

    I tried to do what worked best for me to conserve energy. Each sequence started with Full squat clean, pause, push press-lower behind the neck, rest, back squat, rest, push press. Definitely don't want to speed though the sequence.
  23. Danny Says:
  24. 147# rx'd

    98, 110, 120, 132, 147

    I went through the first three rounds pretty quick, but the pace definitely slowed the last two. Great working with Eric C. and nice job 5am!
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. Got up to 154# today. My very last rep was about 3/4 locked out, but I'm counting it as 154#s no matter what! haha! dropped the barbell on my neck on the last set too...neck and shoulder went numb and so did my ring finger??? May need to visit Doc Clem!
  27. Kristina Nash Says:
  28. This WOD was a blast. I hit my goal, so I'm pretty happy with that. Since I had no idea how this was going to feel I decided to just get after it and get 'er done.

    I increased weight each round and ended at 78 pounds. At one point the bar slipped on my sweaty back, but I recovered ok. Joe stopped me in the middle of a front squat to remind me to not dip so low in my push press, good advice, bad timing. It's all good in the end!

    My partner was awesome! Way to go Abby!

    Addi, you are so right, I wanted to eat a bear when I was done.

    Lots of fun nooners:)
  29. ZachR Says:
  30. 120# (4th set)

    88,98,110,120,98

    I barely made it through round 4 so decided to drop the weight and get through round 5.

    The back of my neck hurts!!!
  31. JennG Says:
  32. 5 rounds of
    1-2-3 reps each
    Deadlift: 132#
    Front squat: 99#

    As a side note..thank you to Brian and Paul last Saturday...assuring me that a "tweak" wouldn't keep me out of the gym. You were right, our coaches are fantastic about making adjustments so you can keep going. You guys are smart!
  33. Jeremy Says:
  34. Second day of class I actually did this workout on the Thursday rest day but I will post here for future reference. 110# Rx'd started with trainers and moved up by 10# each round. The weight felt pretty good I probably could have helped myself a little by resting more on my shoulders during earlier rounds. I am happy with the results just need to work on being more explosive with my hips to help when I start going heavier.

Thanks For Visiting!