RSS

Tuesday 110913

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For 15 intervals:
Tabata Power Clean, 132#/92#

Twenty seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for a total of 15 rounds. Your score is the lowest number of reps achieved in any one of the 15 intervals.

Post score to comments/Logwod.


Thanks for coming to Cali to cheer us on guys. It meant a lot.

edit post

19 Responses to "Tuesday 110913"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Did 4 reps for all 15 rounds. Tempo was just right. Lots of hard work at 5AM today!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. Oh, weight was RX'd.
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. 4 Rx'd

    7 unbroken reps for first 9 rounds. I then started dropping the bar before last rep resulting in that rep not counting, and I ended up only get 4 reps in each of last 4 rounds.

    We did this as a games wod with 99# back in June, and I got 6 every round. I did the same thing there though in that I would be able to string reps together unbroken until later rounds then I broke them up (they counted then, today those don't).

    I still make contact barely above my knee which I know is a habit I need to break.

    I overestimated my abilities today and normally I think I have a decent handle on what my work capacity is. By 8th round, I thought I might be in trouble in maintaining 7, but I didn't expect to drop to 4.
  7. tina Says:
  8. 77# 1.. started out with 3. worked on technique -- too much arms not enough shrug...when i got the shrug then i couldn't get under it fast enough. practice makes perfect so i'm happy for the opportunity to work these.
  9. Kristina Nash Says:
  10. 93# through round 11, then pulled off the 2.5's and finished the last rounds at 87#. My sore at the end was 1 :(, I started out getting 4 each round, but by round 8 or 9 I was struggling. This was tough, I've never done a TABATA, maybe I should have stuck with a lower weight. You never know until you try.

    I love that there is always something to get better at!
  11. Kristina Nash Says:
  12. Oh, one more thing. I have a gal pal who sells Arbonne products. She has offered to put all profits for her sales to you towards FGB6. I was not familiar with Arbonne until today, but they have a pretty large line of skin care, make-up, and nutritional products. The nutrition products including the protein shakes are all gluten/dairy. All products are vegan and not tested on animals.

    Please let me know if you are interested and I will get you hooked up!

    Kristina Nash
  13. JonD Says:
  14. I got 4 rx'd. This upsets me but I tried to get 6 each. No excuses great workout tests alot!

    Total reps 84reps for the workout. Great job nooners and Jake if you hooked grip you would be able to get 10 each round! Good job man you killed it with 6 each that's impressive.

    Great work to everyone else its a great day to get better with alot of reps to work on your weakness in the Power Clean.

    Remember Stink and Drink tomorrow night and we hope for a big turn out Goldeez is doing a great thing for us so please come out if you can!
  15. Danny Says:
  16. 4 rx'd

    Did 7 in round 1 and decided on 5 per round for a pace. Stayed at 5 til round 9 and dropped to 4's.
  17. JonD Says:
  18. Forgot to write this down:

    Before workout
    Deadlift 2-2-2-2-2
    352 ended on that cuz my back be roundin. Need to work on keeping that sucker flat!
  19. paul Says:
  20. I will have to try this one sometime. I don't want to push my luck at the moment, though.
  21. Addi Says:
  22. 5 rx'd

    Last time in June with 99# I did 5 and wished immediately I would have done 6. 5 was just right today, though - the weight felt great and I always had 5-10 sec left over. I didn't want to blow it out of the water for my first real workout since I hurt my back last Tuesday.

    Next time 6. Maybe 7 on a really great day if the stars are aligned just so and there's promise of Jason's Deli's chocolate mousse w/ chocolate chips at the end.
  23. Unknown Says:
  24. Did 5 Rx'd. Immediately thought that I should have went for 6, but it ended up breaking me off anyway! 6 next time for sure. Ran a mile or so afterwards and then did 3x7 of Hollow pull-ups. Good class at noon.
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. 4 Rx'd. Weight and temp felt just right. I will be looking forward to doing this work out again to see if I can get 5 every round. I had about 7 seconds left over every time but I didn't want to chance dropping down to three so I kept it steady. Great work noon!
  27. Pingel Says:
  28. Having some tendonitis in my left knee right now so cutting back on leg work since I have the FGB on Sat and pushing the my two girls in the running stroller with my wife on Sun at the Race.

    SWOD
    Perform 2 Reps of Bench Press on the minute for 15 minutes at 85% Max (265lbs). (CFF)
    DWOD (17:03)
    21, 15, 9

    * Handstand Push-Ups
    * Weighted Chin-Ups 25lbs
    * Weighted Dips 50lbs
    * Knees to Elbows
  29. Kelli Says:
  30. 3 rx'd. started at five for about 5-7 rounds then dropped to 4 for about 2 or 3 rounds and then ended up at 3. My back was screaming at the end of these...oh and i'm sure my powercleans were pretty ugly looking too.
  31. BC Says:
  32. 2 rx'd. Got 3 reps the first 5 rounds then cut down to 2 for the rest, decided 2 solid reps was better than 3 sloppy reps.
  33. JennG Says:
  34. 4 reps at 77#. 4 was my goal and I got it every round with time to spare. I think I should have gone heavier. Seemed kinda light, but at the same time, showed the holes in my technique. Wish I could find the balance here..

    After class, worked on GWOD stuff and solved all the world's problems with Megan G. Great conversation! Thanks, Joe, for helping.
  35. Crystal Says:
  36. 3 @ 77#.

    did 4 the first round then dropped to 3 for all the remaining rounds. should have tried to stick it out with 4 for all rounds but i know myself and would have died off quick. sometimes expectations get too high and i have to tell myself it's ok.

    awesome job 6:30. and it's good to have Megan G back!
  37. Gdawg Says:
  38. thanks ladies, it is great to be back and see everyone again! Thanks for talking me into the GWOD Jenn! See you all at Goldeez!!!

Thanks For Visiting!