RSS

Wednesday 110831

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
In 3 person teams, complete the following for time:
75 Burpee Broad Jumps, 4 feet
135 Toes to Bar
180 Overhead Walking Lunges, 44# bumper
225 Box Jumps, 24 inch box
285 Double Unders

Every team must have at least 1 female and only one person can be working at a time. Broad jumps are across the width of a mat (hands have to be behind the line during burpee and feet behind the line before jump) and everyone on your team shares one mat. Whether female or male team member, you get only one plate for lunges, a blue one. Only one box for jumps, and everyone can have their own jump rope. Thirty minute cut-off.

Post time to comments/Logwod.

Tonight at 6:30pm, Jimbo will be teaching his last class at CFO. If you can make it out to workout or watch, it will be a fun time. We're hoping for a very big class, wink wink. Sign in as usual and we'll let you in, no matter how many want to come.
________________________________________________

Reminder that a single workout (two components) competition will be held at 7:30pm this Thursday. Come have a blast. Scaling will be allowed as necessary.

edit post

14 Responses to "Wednesday 110831"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Teamed up with Amanda and Jeremy this morning. 30:07. Sorry I gassed during the box jumps guys. Good team workout at 5AM!
  3. Tovar Says:
  4. Looking forward to the 6:30 class tonight! For those of you that don't attend 6:30 much, Jimbo runs a tight ship... so no screwing around! :) He will certainly be missed.

    Haven't posted yet this week so need to catch up.

    Press = 154,159,164,164,164

    Cindy variation = 23 rounds
    6/5/4/4/4

    Somehow during the wod I got it into my head that it was only for 5rounds and immediately after round 5 walked off into the locker room to sit in front of the fan and cool off. When I finally walked out and realized what I had done there was only about 30 secs left on the clock. WTF! Bonehead move on my part.
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. 18:53 Rx'd

    Teamed up with Nick at 6 a.m. Since there were only 2 of us, we did 2/3 of the reps for each movement. We worked well together on what I thought was a tough WOD.

    Great job Nick!!!

    Great job to all the others as well!!

    Jimbo will definitely be missed!!
  7. JonD Says:
  8. If you ain't there for 6:30pm tonight you just slapped Jimmy in the face! Just kidding! This is a great workout and if you can find time for 6:30pm tonight we would love to have you. No limit on people tonight!

    Teamed up with Pete N, and Jen D for this workout. I thought we did 26:52 but Pete says 25:52. Either way we worked hard and everyone pulled their weight in the right movements!

    Tina I hope you are feeling better!
  9. tina Says:
  10. Thanks Jon, I was so excited to get my first toes to bar, I forgot to concentrate on gripping the bar. I had noticed my forearms are pretty weak on other movements as well so should have given that proper consideration on this new move for me. (20/20 hindsight and always full responsibility!) -- still that was quite a surprise and i suppose later today the gremlin in my head will stop standing on the backside of my eyes. :) no drugs if i can stand it.
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. Some slap Jimbo on the back for me, I can't make it tonight. So I did this with Frank the Tank at 6 am today.

    We cruised in with a nice 23:45 or so. It was a lot of fun.
  13. Kelli Says:
  14. Will miss you like CRAZY Jim! Best of luck to you and sorry I can't make it tonight...
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. 22 something (I think)

    Teamed up with Tarra (sp?) at 5:30 tonight and attacked the WOD. Can't say rx'd because we went with a 20" box. That was just too many jumps for my knee to handle. Otherwise we killed it.

    You will be missed Jimbo!!!
  17. JennG Says:
  18. 28:00 with Steve & Matt. I scaled a couple of the movements, but had a great team that pushed hard. Workout, itself, felt great!

    However, I learned a valuable lesson about the effect your choices throughout the day have on you. Thank you, Tessa! I owe you much more than $1.

    Very sad that Jimmy is leaving, but wish him the best in his next adventures!
  19. Steve Says:
  20. Thanks for the great last class Jimmy!

    With Jenn G (see above) and Matt... 28 minutes. Great team- just glad we finished.
  21. Kristina Nash Says:
  22. I for sure had the best workout as my partner was Jimbo! He will for sure be missed. Jim does a great job of making everyone feel welcome, especially when you are a newbie. I'm glad I was able to have one last workout with him before he left.

    26:04
    I SUCK at T2B. Is there anything I can do at home to help with this movement?
  23. lynn Says:
  24. I had a great team with Mike P and Chris B. Of course my worked paged me right when we started box jumps so they had to do all but the 40 I was able to squeeze in. Thanks guys and I am really sorry about bailing for a few minutes there. We could always go to open gym Saturday and try again:) Good times! Jimbo, didn't get a chance to say goodbye as the sky was falling at work. Be safe in your travels home and I hope to see you at the gym in the next two days!
  25. paul Says:
  26. Best of luck to you, Jimbo! Your leaving is a big loss for CFO!

    Jen A. and Joel U. were great teammates! You guys owned the lunges and box jumps!! We finished 29:30, rx'ed except that I did about 25 no-pushup burpees. Made up for it later with DU. The fancy new cable ropes are so much easier it feels like cheating.
  27. Tovar Says:
  28. Awesome to see so many CFO peeps at 6:30 tonight for Jimbo's last class. But of course in true Jimbo fashion it was business as usual. What a solid coach you are Jimmy.

    Had the pleasure of teaming up with the "Juggernaut" Stacie Tovar and Bob "the Psycho" Sydzik for the wod tonight. We finished in 19:18.

    Lots of sweaty bastards in the gym tonight!

Thanks For Visiting!