RSS

Monday 110523

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Helen"
3 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
21 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5/1 pood
12 Pull ups

Post time to comments/Logwod.

Compare to 110301.

Jennifer Grass

edit post

13 Responses to "Monday 110523"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. 13:35 RX'd. Haven't done this one in a long while, but this is the first time I made it under the cutoff. 2 min PR! Yay! Nice hustle 5AM!
  3. Paula Says:
  4. 14:37- 1st time I ever finished Helen under cutoff too! So excited! I did 1pood unbroken on all sets, used tan band then blue then blue/tan. My grip was gone on last round, did one at a time on the last 5.

    Awesome job, Dave!! 2min PR....Unbelievable! You Rock!

    Nice job 5am!
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Congrats on the PR's Dave and Paula!!!

    Went in and did games WOD #1

    rested 1 minute after first row then did strict HSPU's in sets of 2 and 1, rested one minute and rowed again. I feel good about this one!

    Is it Friday yet??!!
  7. J Andresen Says:
  8. 10:15 rx..apparently I didn't note my results from last time, dang. Good luck everyone, run hard!
  9. paul Says:
  10. 10:09 rx'ed. Not a PR, but within 10s, so I'm pretty happy, especially considering that I did not take great care of my body the last 4 days.
  11. Donohoe Says:
  12. I broke this up into 3 indvidual rounds at the 5 minute mark
    My last split was 340. So the runs were all under 155 and the swings unbroken it took 2 rounds to get the pull ups down. I finished them in 2 sets of 6. A little confusing i know, heres the good news this was the first time I was able to complete all the pull ups so I consider it a win.
    Donohoe is out...
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. Last hard WOD day til the weekend...

    WOD 1 Trail
    1000m Run
    30 HSPU (Slight elevation to AbMat)
    1000m Row
    - Run was around 3:30... Comfortable and probably could push it faster
    - HSPU's - Got too greedy on set 1
    10, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1... Missed a few in the middle... Maybe go for 8s and 7's instead - Took almost 4 mins
    - Row - Kept a 1:35-1:40 Pace for a while but fell off to 1:45-1:47 by the end
    * 10:40 - I can go faster... Tough WOD

    Squat Clean Thruster Tonight...
    - Hoping for 225-235ish
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. 9:24 running down to 88th St. I was hoping to beat my PR of 9:17 from last year when the run was 88th and back. If I could do all 3 rounds of pullups unbroken I think I could beat it.
  17. Allison H :) Says:
  18. 14:44 rx'd ~ Helen is a killer! Felt like vomiting and in the end lost my grip doing 1 pull up at a time.

    Thanks for pushing me through those last few 4:30! Glad you didn't have to watch me up puke! :)
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Squat Clean Thruster WOD 2

    20/10 - 10 lb jumps
    - Gets going pretty fast...

    Hit 225 and almost 235... That would be an all time PR by 5# if I could get it...

    Not sure where that weight would put me... Hopefully higher up on the list... Wish it was required to squat right away because that would be a pretty good skill test once you get into the 200's

    All right rest, skill work, and mobility until Chicago! Good Luck Everyone... See you there!
  21. J Andresen Says:
  22. 13:36 option b: didn't feel well. KB were unbroken all 3 rounds but pull ups were 5:4 4:3:2 and 4:3:2
  23. Shelley Says:
  24. Team WOD #4:

    worked as a team on trial run of this workout; rep scheme seemed to work really well and transitions seemed smooth

    did HSPU's as Rx'd for WOD #1:

    figured out it doesn't work well for me to start out strict and then go to kipping in same set; only got 2 strict and then fell away from wall when switching to kipping. Worked on doing kipping only and got better with kip after playing around a bit with hand placement and keeping legs/knees together. (thanks Reba and Dustin for tips) I'm going in later today to work these again and then rest until the weekend.
  25. Greg MO Says:
  26. Nice game face Jenn!!!

Thanks For Visiting!