RSS

Saturday 110521

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 8 minutes of:
10 Clapping Push ups
100 meter Pinch Grip Plate Carry, Yellow/Green Bumpers

Post rounds plus additional push ups to comments/Logwod.

This past Saturday was a rousing success. A lot of people had a lot of fun. When should we do it again? What should it be for? What about a theme?

edit post

7 Responses to "Saturday 110521"

  1. Paula Says:
  2. We have seen so many new faces lately! Maybe we could have a Paleo potluck for all the new people that have joined in the past few months. It would be a great way to get to know them. I know when I was new I didn't really know anyone so I did not attend any functions right away, but if it is in their honor maybe they would be more apt to come.

    We could possibly continue to do every 3 months or so. I think it would make them feel more welcome than I hope they already feel.

    Just a thought!!
  3. ZachR Says:
  4. 4 rounds + 10 clapping pushups + 50 meter farmers carry
  5. Steve Says:
  6. 4 1/2 rounds Rx'd
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Worked on squat cleans, thrusters from rack and T2B.

    I worked up to 163# on squat clean and didn't go higher. I got 158# on thruster from rack but failed at 163#. I let the bar get too far in front of me on the way up and didn't have same speed as I did with 158#.

    I did 2 rounds of 30 T2B. The first round took me 1:52; I rested 3-4 minutes then did second round which took me 2:43. I did first round 10,6,6,4,3,1. I missed my last rep which is why it ended up that way. My plan for the second round was 5 sets of 6 which didn't last. I rested a lot more and was down to doing sets of 2 at the end (missed a rep late also in this round so was down to a final rep)

    Thanks for the feedback Amanda on cleans. Thanks Addi for helping me change plates on cleans/thrusters and for timing me on the T2B. The "encouragement" to get back on the bar helped too (you too Josh). I think the right rep scheme for me is 8,7,6,5,4 as starting with 10 didn't work like I thought it might and the second round was broken up so much I don't remember my exact rep scheme.

    I can't wait for next weekend!!! I'm even getting used to working out half naked:)
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. Damn... I knew this would come back to bite me and I've even been working on it for 10 weeks..

    Regional WOD 3
    21-15-9
    Deadlifts (315#)
    Box Jumps (30")
    - Set 8 mins to see if I could get close to the finish
    - Only finished round of 21 and got 10 into rd 2... Damn... Guess I don't deserve a top ten this year... I'll do what I can do I guess...
  11. Shane Says:
  12. Well, I wasn't half naked, but I did the Sat a.m. wod and got 5 rounds plus 10 clapping pushups, rxd. I liked this one.
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. 2nd WOD - Nothing Much
    - Just technical and getting a feel for the 4th WOD

    Squat Clean Thrusters - Light
    88, 110, 135, 155 - Singles
    - Working On Bar Path and Catch Position

    WOD 4 Variation
    1 Min On / 15 Secs To Transition
    1. Pull Ups - 45 Reps in 1 Min
    20, 10, 10, 5
    2. KB Swings - 25 - Kept Smashing My Inner Thigh - Slowed me down
    3. DU's - 78 in 1 Min
    4. OH Squats (95#) - 22 Reps

Thanks For Visiting!