RSS

Tuesday 110405

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Power Snatch 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 reps

Warm-up 3, 2 reps. This isn't necessarily trying to find a 2 rep max but it can be. You may even use the first 3 to 4 sets to reach a weight where you'll then go sets across for the last 4 to 5 sets but you don't have to. The idea is to try and pull as much weight as high as you can for 2 reps, 8 times, correctly!

Post weights used to comments/Logwod.

Pastured pork sausage and cabbage noodles with a side of fried organic apples and raisins. This is so good........

For the recipe, visit Everyday Paleo
____________________________________________

Another reminder that we'll be hosting a truly fun and live competition this evening at 8PM. We need your help. We need judges, crowd noise, cheering like crazy, and competitors. Don't be intimidated. This isn't about beating or getting beat. It's about working out and giving your all. It's about doing more work than you ever thought possible because friends are in your face yelling for you not to stop.

Bring your family, friends, people off the street. We want a lot of people there. If you don't want to workout, no worries but don't miss out. We need your help. Remember, 8PM. Thanks in advance.

edit post

18 Responses to "Tuesday 110405"

  1. BC Says:
  2. 110# for my last successful set of 2. Tried 115#, which is actually my 1rm, but apparently I was done. Nice job morning monsters!
  3. paul Says:
  4. 152 (I think 147 may have been my 1RM until now, so PR).

    Great work, 6am, and a special shout-out to my lifting partner, Mark!
  5. Mark Says:
  6. 162, the first was a bit shaky witha press out but the second was good.

    Great working with you Paul, and you thought 132 was all the higher you were going to go today.
  7. Jess Says:
  8. I struggled with 63# for just about all working set. I just wasn't feeling it today. As always, nice working with ya Gina!

    Great job 6am

    JChrist
  9. BigD Says:
  10. 135# for my last set of 2. Technique is slowly getting better....
  11. Addi Says:
  12. 121# for the last set. My "1RM" (SLOP!) is 130, and these felt pretty decent.

    It was fun lifting with you today, Danielle! Hope you survive your cardio onslaught.

    Looking forward to 8 pm. It's always easier to push yourself with the energy from a crowd. Get excited!
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. I'm bummed I'm going to miss tonight's workout...I love the crowd atmosphere as it makes a huge difference!

    Good luck to everyone doing it tonight!
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. Power Snatch - 2RM
    88, 110, 135, 155, 165, 175 - 180 is my PR

    Deadlift - 5/3/1 Program - Cycle 2 - off of a 330# max
    218X5, 248X5, 286XMAX REPS (12 Reps)

    No False Grip Muscle Ups
    2 EA Min for 10 Mins.. Tried 3 for a few rds... but otherwise just working on keeping it smoother...
  17. Paula Says:
  18. 73# on the last couple sets. Worked on getting under the bar quicker. Jess J...it was fun partnering up with ya this morning!

    Great job this morning 5am'ers!

    Hope to be there tonight to cheer you all on. I'm on call so no guarantee! Good luck to those competing tonight! HMMMM.....what will it be this week????
  19. Allison H :) Says:
  20. That dinner looks delish!!! ....speaking of paleo .... spring leaning challenge anyone?
  21. ZachR Says:
  22. Worked up to 164# and did that weight for the last 3 sets.
  23. hannah eileen Says:
  24. had a freaking RIOT working out with tara and lindsey. thanks for keeping me thinking about everything but the snatches. worked up to 82#, which felt great. last time we did power snatch, I'm pretty sure I only did 77# once, so I'm happy with 82.
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. I aim to please Hannah Montana!
  29. Pastor Justin Says:
  30. 10 rounds of the games wod.

    Heavy Jerks are one of my weaknesses. I stayed slow and steady and had no missed reps. At least I got a score up, I guess.

    I'm headed to Alabama tomorrow to conduct my grandma's funeral so Ill see you guys in a week!

    Good Luck on 11.3 CFO!
  31. Mark Says:
  32. Great showing tonight for 11.3! I like heavier metcons like this one as I can usually keep a decent pace throughout the WOD. I got 23 rounds tonight thanks to Justin V. pushing me at the end. I'll be feeling this one tomorrow for sure!
  33. Crystal Says:
  34. Awesome job everyone who did the games WOD tonight! It was fun. Also good to see so many faces cheering everyone on. That always helps.

    Not even sure what my final rounds were. I think 5 maybe. I believe this is my 1 rep max or close to it. Fun times!
  35. paul Says:
  36. Sorry to hear about your grandma, Justin!

Thanks For Visiting!