RSS

Friday 110218

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Press 5-5-5 reps (sets across)

Warm-up: 5, 5, 3, 2 reps. If you were successful utilizing the same weight for all three sets last time, go up by 5 pounds this time. On the other hand, if unsuccessful, remain at the previous weight and try again.

Followed by a Friday Finisher met-con. You'll have to make it in to check it out.

Post weight to comment/Logwod.

Compare to 110125.

Community!
_____________________________________________

I am amazed at the responses given by everyone toward the challenge and am proud to say that I am a part of this community. We have some very serious, fitness-minded members. I will tell you right now that, in essence, every answer was right to some degree. The explanations were well thought out and explained as well as they could be on paper. Everyone who answered the challenge with references to either the back, the legs and arms, or both deserves a round of applause. Good stuff.


With this in mind, it was going to very hard judging if I didn't get what I was looking for. This is the reason why I defined for myself before posting yesterday, what I wanted to see in being able to immediately choose the winner. Here is what I wrote down:

Issue #1 - Core to Extremity Violation
Reason #1 - Never, during any part of the row, should the elbows and knees be bent at the same time.

Issue #2 - A Violation of Mid-Line Stability
Reason #2 - A rounded back cannot be rigid


This is as simple as you can get. In reality, these things were all said to some extent but I was going to choose a winner based upon seeing core to extremity and mid-line stability in the same post which I didn't. So, I will award 2 45 minute sessions, one to Brandon Berry and one to an active member chosen by Justin Vanbeek (as he mentioned mid-line stability and Brandon, core to extremity)

edit post

13 Responses to "Friday 110218"

  1. Joe Jessen Says:
  2. 108 5x5x5

    That kettle bell got heavy quick!
  3. paul Says:
  4. I treated this more as a 5RM than sets across. Got 132x5 (which is what I was shooting for), then 135x3, failed on 4th attempt.

    12 rds of the metcon (1.5 pd)
  5. Jess Says:
  6. 48# for press. Nice working with ya, Celeste and Cari!

    9 rounds for the metcon using a trainer. I was trying to keep up with Paul. It didn't happen, dang it. Next time.

    Great job 6am peeps!

    JChrist
  7. J Andresen Says:
  8. 120# - could have gone up to 125/130 maybe. I will shoot for that next time. 8-10 rounds of metcon...hard to keep track.
  9. Natalie Says:
  10. 58# got 5-5-3..ran out of gas on the last set. Got 8 rounds with the trainer for the metcon. Great working with Jillian and Nicole this morning.
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. 125# x 5
    Metcon 9 rounds. 1.5 pood

    Nice and big 6am class!
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. 147# X 5,5,3 I did 147 in January but only on the last set so I tried it across the board and pppppffft. As Jon said, I was one of those ego guys.

    12 rnds with 1 pood on the Metcon.....was pround that I did it unbroken....will try with 1.5 next time.

    Fun lifting with Mark, Paul, and Eric!

    B
  15. Amanda Says:
  16. Happy Friday!

    I helped with 6 and taught noon today. Noon was pretty small, but mighty. Seriously, some great pressing. Shout out to the only two ladies, who did a really good job, nice work Hannah and Amy!!

    We did a slightly different version of the squat/lunge workout, which is how it will be done the rest of the day... Good work noon class!

    See you guys tomorrow, if you're signed up!
  17. hannah eileen Says:
  18. 58# for the press. it hurt my shoulder (like always) but it is 5# more than the last time we did this lift.
    2:26 for the short metcon. It was great!
    Great job nooners! Thanks, Amy, for lifting with me and Amanda for the shout out.
  19. Mark Says:
  20. 147# - 5,5,4. I really wanted that last rep so I could move up next time. Oh well.

    Then did 10 rounds of the metcon with a 1.5 pood KB. Nice little leg burner at the end!
  21. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  22. Holy PR! :)

    Band Resisted Box Squat - Worked up to a tough weight for two sets...
    Mini Bands Double Wrapped...
    Got up to 165 for 2X3

    Chelsea Re-Test
    5 Pull Ups
    10 Push Ups
    15 Air Squats
    * On the min each min for as long as possible *
    - 3 Months ago I crossed over the min on RD 19.... So much for push ups being a weakness ...
    HIT 27RDS BEFORE I CROSSED OVER... Didnt even break up push ups until RD 21... WOW! I'm ecstatic about this one... Kept almost every one of the first 22-23 RDS around 28-32 secs to complete
  23. BC Says:
  24. Press was 98# 3x5, felt pretty good.

    Metcon was 2:31 unbroken w/ 1 pood. Very please with not breaking them up or putting the kb down.

    Nice job 4:30!
  25. Shane Says:
  26. 137. 5 pounds more than last time.

Thanks For Visiting!