RSS

Friday 110107

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
UPDATED (5PM): About Saturday classes this weekend. There are currently 16 spots filled at 9am. If anyone wants to get in, I will open up 4 additional spots at 9am to be fair. Get on it quick though as they may go fast. I promise, if the demand remains high for Saturday classes, the available spots will go permanently. And a reminder, if you aren't coming, don't be that guy that doesn't cancel and keeps another member from coming in your place. Thanks.

WOD
2008 CrossFit Games WOD #1
5 rounds for time of:
5 Dead-lifts, 274#/187#
10 Burpees

Can't drop the last dead-lift or you have to re-do it.

Post time to comments/Logwod.

Compare to 100515.














Karen Wattier

edit post

24 Responses to "Friday 110107"

  1. B3nj4m1n Says:
  2. My favorite work out, yippee!
  3. GregP Says:
  4. 5:11 at #198. I followed Ricky's advice of "I think I can" and dropped the weight from #220 that I was planning on doing. Did not break up any burpees. Need to work on spreading my feet wider on the way up.

    We did this on 12/26/08. I did #154 then, but I did not write the time down.

    I think we may have done it another time. Does anyone know when?

    I think making goals for yourself is important and they just don't have to be new years ones because most of those don't last more than a week or two. At work we write goals SMART goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Revelant, and Timely. My fitness goals were all in the "get in shape" type which really weren't goals at all. This year I have written out specific things I want to accomplish. With Ricky's help I have a year long outlined training plan. I am working on getting the first 16 weeks written in detail. The last part of SMART goals is to tell someone. Ricky and a few others know what they are and I would be happy to share them with anyone else.

    Great Job 6AM!
  5. Mark Says:
  6. 5:18 Rx'd. I think this is the third time I have done this and at least the second time prescribed. I was hoping to be under 5 min but I had no air pretty much the whole last two rounds... followed by a sore throat after.

    Not sure when we did this last and I don't have it on Logwod.
  7. Ricky Frausto Says:
  8. I posted the last time we did this, which was May 15th, 2010 but there were only like 4 or 5 people that commented. I looked on LogWod and this was the only time we scheduled it on there as well and only 5 or 6 people logged it there.

    We will do this workout again. Don't miss out on logging it this time. You'll regret it.
  9. paul Says:
  10. Fun 7am, though harder than I thought it would be.

    Annie: 5:40 (10s PR)
    100 1.5 KB swings in 2 sets, 60, 40.
  11. Kelli Says:
  12. Ricky - can you give a few more details about the mock competition on Saturday? I need to decide if I still would like to participate :-)
  13. Ricky Frausto Says:
  14. Two Workouts
    Probably separated by about 10 minutes.
    One workout may be in the 5-10 minute range while another workout may be in the 10-15 minute range.
    Easily scaled if need be.

    That's about all I can give. If you have a specific question, ask and I'll either answer it or tell you that's TMI.

    Cool? Cool.
  15. Stacie Says:
  16. Annie - 6:30, a 2:26 PR, no joke. I hated every second. Way to kill her (for me) Paul - I Loved It!!

    100, 1 pd KB Swings - unbroken, untimed
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. I did 99lbs and was just short with 2 burpees left, boo :(

    Great Job 6am!!! Have a Fantabulous Day!!!
  19. paul Says:
  20. Thanks, Stacie--and congrats on the PR! That's huge!
  21. Eric C Says:
  22. 4:59 with 242#.

    I had 274# on the bar, but went with what was suggested by 'the coach'. (ie <70% 1RM) Looking back I'm pretty sure I could have completed it in 6 mins Rx'd. I blame Ricky... :)
  23. Natalie Says:
  24. I did 99# and had 8 burpees left to go. Need to be more efficient with my burpees and don't stop at the bottom of the dead lift. Nice work 6am!
  25. hannah eileen Says:
  26. eeks. this was a bad first metcon. I did 99# and finished at 5:24. It was not fun but great to see some old faces at noon!
  27. Jess Says:
  28. 4:04 with 121# (approx 65% of my 1RM) and slapping pushup instead of burpees.

    Great job 6am peeps!

    P.S. Gina "IHaveNoIdeaWhatYourMiddleNameIs" Petersen the weight you use today wasn't 65%-70% of your 1 RM max. Shame on you! ;u)

    P.P.S.
    E, you are starting to sound like Addi with the whole "blamming Ricky" comment.
  29. Kelli Says:
  30. Thanks Ricky! I can commit to being there :0) just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be too much for me in my current awful state of fitness...lol.
  31. Addi Says:
  32. Jess, I was just going to compliment Eric on his impeccable reasoning skills. Clearly, you recognized the same. Keep up the good work, Eric!
  33. Addi Says:
  34. Also,... HANNAH?!?! Sorry I missed you! Welcome back!
  35. Kelli Says:
  36. 5:34 with 121# I felt that no breath / sore throat thing just like Mark mentioned as well.
  37. Brandon Says:
  38. Awesome WOD! I enjoy getting my ass kicked by this one. :-) I think I may have been able to go a bit faster, but it's a mental thing (isn't it always). It was great seeing so many folks at 4:30 and then bsing with a couple of you guys after.

    Time = 4:36 RX'd

    BrandonB
  39. O'Kief Says:
  40. 4:05 @ 242#. Cousin of Black Lung.
  41. Shelley Says:
  42. Annie:
    7:16 (44 sec PR)

    100 KB swings w/ 1 pd unbroken, untimed

    I'm missing the mock competition WODS (again) tomorrow for a vb tourney. Hope to make the next one!!
  43. Shane Says:
  44. 4:49 @ 220. Been a high energy week for me. Could effects of the nutrition challenge be happening already?
  45. BigD Says:
  46. 7:43 Annie. I might have missed Ricky's cutoff of 7 minutes, but set new PR by 1 minute 16 sec. Don't know, when I heard the short cutoff, guess my brain just clicked and I knocked 35 in a row right off that bat.
    100 KB swings w/1.5 pood. Took 3 rnds. 51/25/24. Should've never set the kettlebell down the first time. Awesome job Shelley and Tessa!
  47. Kat Says:
  48. 7am wod.
    Annie- 6:30 rx'd. A 32 sec PR for me! 100 kb swings untimed. Set it down twice...wish I wudnt have set it down! I'm gunna try that again for sure! 50/30/20. My goal was 50 and 50 but I lost my grip at 30 and just put it down :(

Thanks For Visiting!