RSS

Friday 100305

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
CFO Combine

Event 1:
Vertical Jump - 3 attempts

Event 2:
Broad Jump - 3 attempts

Event 3:
Shuttle Run (5-10-5) - 3 attempts

Event 4:
Max Reps Bench Press - 1 attempt
Weights rx'd - Guys: 186 (scaled: 132) / Gals: 115 (scaled: 77)

Event 5:
200 meter run - 1 attempt

The NFL combine was just held recently and I thought we could do a little of our own athlete testing. Maybe sometime down the road, we can test again. If you don't know what one of these events are, you can pay a visit to the NFL scouting combine webpage for a video demonstration.

Post results from each event to comments.



















Scott Wattenhofer posing. This guy is behind all the cool pictures.
_________________________________

We ended up with a total of 23 teams. I am looking for an extra girl and an extra guy if anyone is interested. It's going to be a lot fun. The shirts have been ordered so if you missed out, maybe next time. Thank you guys for signing up and offering to bring canned goods. If we can at least bring 4 cans per team, we will have raised 92 cans of food (hopefully more) for the Omaha food bank.
_________________________________

As I posted earlier, I will be hosting an impromptu nutrition Q&A. Nothing big, just a sit down in the front office to talk about whatever you guys want to talk about concerning nutrition. The cost will be $10 per person and people not associated with the gym are welcome.

I know this is short notice, but no worries, I will be hosting another one next weekend as well. If you come to the first one, you are more than welcome to come to the second one as new information may get tossed around as new people will be there or maybe you'll encounter new situations you want to learn about. This Saturday's Q&A will be at 11AM while next weekend's Q&A will probably take place at 12:30PM.

edit post

11 Responses to "Friday 100305"

  1. BC Says:
  2. Awesome! Coming in at 4:30, can't wait. Maybe I'll be as strong as a kicker. Doubtful, but who knows.
  3. Rita Says:
  4. Scott, great picture. Thank you for sharing your talent and time of photography with the gym.

    Vertical Jump - 13
    Broad Jump - 75
    Shuttle Run - 5.4
    Max Bench - Rx x 3
    200 m run - 47

    It was a fun wod. Can't wait to see inprovements next time.
  5. paul Says:
  6. This was really fun! Great work, 6am!

    vertical: 22"
    broad: 98"
    pro agility: 5.12
    bench: 13
    200: 35

    couldn't quite catch Eric and Greg Mo on those first 3 events, or Dave on the Bench! rrrgh! Well done, gentlemen.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. I LOVED this WOD; was a lot of fun and a great way to start a Friday.

    Vertical jump: 19
    Broad Jump: 90
    Shuttle run: 5:10
    Max Bench: 12 Rx'd
    200 meter: 39

    Most surprised by vertical jump as I thought mine would be more but pleasantly surprised on max bench as I didn't think I would get 12 at that weight.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!

    BC, which class do you go to?!! I never see you:)
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. That was KICKASS fun! The perfect workout after two brutal days!

    Vert 19in
    Broad 88in
    Shuttle 5:18
    Bench Rxd 9 (fought hard for the 10th)
    200m 38

    Awesome times, 6am!
  11. GregP Says:
  12. Pretty crowded in the gym this morning with all the team scouts and agents trying to sign the best athletes. I predict Eric, GregM, Paul, the Bryans will go in the 1st round.

    v-jump 21
    b-jump 81
    shuttle 5:50
    bench 11 @132
    200m 44

    Great Job 6am ! Good luck later classes with the scouts.
  13. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  14. I will have to make this one up, I'm going to VEGAS today. Have a great weekend!
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Vertical - 19
    Broad - 88
    Agility - 5.2
    Bench - rx'd x 14
    200 - 42

    Or something like that - didn't write down my numbers, but I'm at least pretty damn close.

    These are my favorite days - trying new-ish things and plenty of sh*t-talking.
  17. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  18. Hey Teresa,

    Great article in the Midland's Business Journal. Nice shout out to CFO!!

    Congrats
  19. BC Says:
  20. Vertical - 19.5
    Broad - 92.5
    Agility - 4.8
    Bench - 10 reps w/ waterboy weight
    200m - 37.5

    Fun times, perfect Friday wod after a tough, tough week. Great job 4:30.
  21. BigD Says:
  22. Awesome WOD today! I put up the numbers a practice squad offesive lineman would (except for bench) but in the body of an out of shape punter. :)
    Vert : 21 (I think)
    Broad 87 (I think)
    Agility :5...either .23 or .35
    Bench 14 as RX'd (I predict in the 20's next time)
    200m 47

    After consulting with my agent, I'm pretty positive I'll get drafted as third-string waterboy for the Omaha Beef. Ndamukong Suh ain't got sh*t on me!:)
    Great job 6AM.
    Really hope we do this again down the road. I need to redeem myself.

Thanks For Visiting!