RSS

Tuesday 081007

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD

1 Power Snatch
2 Overhead Squats
3 Behind the neck Push Presses
4 Front Squats
5 Hang Power Cleans

Repeat for 5 sets. Increase weight with each set. Rest as needed b/w each set.

The bar can only be rested in the crease of the hips, behind/in front of the neck, or in the grip until the last hang power clean is completed for each set.

Post weight used for each set to comments.
















Matt Schwen

edit post

18 Responses to "Tuesday 081007"

  1. hannah eileen Says:
  2. i love large 6am groups! great work today everyone. there were some big numbers being pushed around. thanks to reba and lindsey for making me do greens. i wanted to stop before then.
    there are invitations at the gym for the halloween party on Nov 1. just to let everyone know to keep their eyes open. it'll be a blast!
  3. paul Says:
  4. Good stuff--I am so weak from not being able to use my shoulders for so long. I did a 1-armed version of the complex. worked up to a 50lb DB with left hand, and the 12kg KB with the right.
  5. linds Says:
  6. I worked up to greens today, great job hannah and reba!
  7. ZachR Says:
  8. Last set was 142
  9. Greg MO Says:
  10. HOLY COW WHAT A HUGE 6am CLASS!!! Its' awesome 2 see so many people working so hard so early in the morning!!!

    159 for my last set...

    WAY TO WORK 6am!!!!
  11. Donohoe Says:
  12. Great job eveyrone, I saw everyone struggling with their respective last set thats awesome. I finished with 155 but had to do back squats. Dammm lack of shoulder flexibility.
    NICE JOB BREAKFEST ClUB
    Donohoe
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. I am excited about this one!
    Happy Birthday Libby!
  15. kahrs Says:
  16. There is a good video on the Crossfit Games website of the burpee deadlift workout with Libby in it. Is that a good present or what being on the games site again.
  17. paul Says:
  18. jeez, libby, it looks like its on fast-forward when you go!

    happy birthday!
  19. Addi Says:
  20. Loved today! Like 5 strength days in one.

    I think I got 96 pounds... (33# bar with greens and training plates... why do I struggle so with this?)

    They still felt fairly solid, but I was taking too small of jumps. I wanted to go heavier, but 96 was my 6th set, and my shoulders were just plain tired.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. i got greens the third round, so i did that weight a couple more times because i almost dropped the weight on my head and didn't feel comfortable moving up in weight. i need a little bit of technique work! then i did 3x20 overhead squats with 33# and worked on cleans. thanks jon for the extra help!
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. I got up to 82 but wanted to do more. I tried the snatch at 87 a lot but couldn't f-ing get it up....
    All the other exercises felt really good compared to the snatch. Just get stronger I guess, huh?
  25. Mark Says:
  26. Got to 128# tonight, although my snatch technique was horrific.
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. Well Ang if it makes you feel better, I couldn't get up the 82lbs on the snatch! It sure ticked me off at 6AM!!! I have gotten that weight up before with snatch, but not after doing 75 reps of the "bar workout" beforehand...maybe that had something to do with it ;)

    I got up to 77lbs...and I gotta say that Lindsay really pushed herself this morning :)


    My OH squats still leave much to be desired. So much bobblewobble going on up there....
  29. Anonymous Says:
  30. Addi - 33+22+22+10+10=97 :)

    My math skills are getting better by attending CrossFit! ha!
  31. Sam Loomis Says:
  32. Effort was a bit below adequate. Final round was done with 130#

    Next time, blood will surely be left on the floor.
  33. Addi Says:
  34. Thanks, Reba! What would I do without you?! :)
  35. A Says:
  36. 73# I think? That does not include the small fit I threw, the numerous times I ran into things with my leg and head (bruises to prove), and a general brain-malfunction which probably counts for something. :-) Thanks for the excellent help, Ricky and Joe! You guys are the best! Way to go, 5:30. Ang - you rocked, as usual, strong-girl!

Thanks For Visiting!