RSS

Wednesday 081001

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD
Rest Day

(a day late, I know)
















Ang, Reba, D, and John Baker hamming it up for the camera. Thanks guys for all you do. Oh yeah, a belated birthday wish to both Makayla and D. Hope you guys had good ones.
___________________________________



edit post

14 Responses to "Wednesday 081001"

  1. BC Says:
  2. OK, so I read this Michael Phelps rant and I have a major issue with it - Michael Phelps, Dara Torres, and other athletes and celebrities should not be counted on to be role models for children...THAT'S THE JOB OF THEIR PARENTS! There's a quote I heard a while ago that goes something like this - kids don't always do what their parents tell them, but they always copy what their parents do. With that in mind, here's what I made my kids for dinner tonight: turkey wraps, cottage cheese, strawberries and almonds (sound familiar zoners?). I prepare foods like this for my kids in the hopes that, as they get older and make their own food choices, they will choose wisely. That's also why I bring my kids to CrossFit, so they can see their dad and other adults exercising and working hard to be healthy, and hopefully they'll do the same. When we got home Saturday my daughter Madelyn started telling me about a "dark haired girl in a black top that had all these MUSCLES," that would be you Alison, and that's why I bring them with me from time to time. I try to do the best I can to set a good example for my kids because ultimately I'm the one they will look up to the most, not Hannah Montana, not Jamie Lynn Spears, not Dara Torres, not any celebrity.

    Why is childhood obesity such an epidimic? Because of the PARENTS. Forgive me for being somewhat crass, but the next time you see a fat kid at the store I guarantee there's a fat parent following close behind, with a grocery cart filled with Pop Tarts and frozen pizzas and Twinkies and, yep, Frosted Flakes. I hold no grudges against Phelps for cashing in on what he's accomplished, and I refuse to blame him for "setting a bad example." If more parents took the time to act like proper role models themselves then most of these issues wouldn't exist in the first place. Sorry for my rant, but this stuff gets me fired up and I just wanted to throw that out there.
  3. hannah eileen Says:
  4. on a lighter note, love the picture! so disappointed we were not there!
  5. A Says:
  6. Brian, you just made my day! Your kids are adorable, and polite, and you should be proud of the job you've done with them! For the record, I tried very hard to keep my workout-induced swearing in check, with all the children around. lol :-)
  7. JonD Says:
  8. AMEN b christ, i couldnt agree more. Thats it. Great rant.
  9. paul Says:
  10. you know, we all get up in arms about the grain industry, but try to remember that grain is important for feeding chickens which i later eat.
  11. kahrs Says:
  12. Crossfit Omaha and Brilz got a mention on the Affiliate Page today. Again great job Jason.
  13. Greg MO Says:
  14. #328DL & #142SP x3x6 w/3min rest between each set

    Nice post b christ!!!

    Way to go Brilzy!!!!!
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. Couldn't agree more and I didn't even read the article.

    I tried to not time myself yesterday. I focused on my thruster form which normally really sucks after about 10 reps-I tend to overarch my back but yesterday I focused on the movement on each rep. When I finished, I called "time" but Joe remembered not to tell me...........until I got it out of him later on....

    So starting today, I will try my best to not know my time for 30 days. Its really hard! I still plan on pushing hard, but really trying to focus more on my movement than just going fast...

    I am taking a rest day today -
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Sis (Linz) and I did Fight Gone Bad this morning! I was able to crank out 241- I loved it!
  19. Chad Says:
  20. I wouldn't pay too much to attention to this Phelps article. I've come across this site before. This girl is pretty annoying.

    The "Loses Respect of Nutritional Community" part of the title is misleading. This isn't a news article, but rather a rant by a single person named Sharon who goes by the moniker "BabyBoomerQueen". Sharon is one of those shock blogger nuts who is trying to make a buck off blogging. Sharon is also a pretty large gal who in her profile professes her love of chocolate, cakes, and pies. She loves to cook and desserts are her favorite (because of her "sweet tooth"). She doesn't represent the "Nutritional Community" and certainly is in no position to criticize Phelps.

    As for Phelps, more power to him.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. I did fight gone bad this morning, my score was 217. Good job sis!
  23. BC Says:
  24. Meg and I did 2 rounds of:
    50 DU's
    40 situps
    30 KB swings
    20 ball slams
    10 burpees

    Total time 13:52 using 1.5 pood KB and 20# D ball. Great job Meg and thanks Amanda!
  25. Mark Says:
  26. DJ and I did "Nate" today.
    AMRAP 20 minutes of:
    2 muscle-ups
    4 handstand push-ups
    8 KB swings (2 pood)

    I scaled to muscle-ups with the blue band and HSPUs with one abmat. We also scaled the time to 15 minutes.

    This was a brutal shoulder workout but I liked it a lot. Afterwards Ricky had us try unassisted muscle-ups and after a few failed attempts I finally got my FIRST! I am pumped about that since I have wanted to be able to do them since I started CrossFit back in April! Great rest day!!!
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. I did Diet Fran...didnt ask for my time but used the 45 # bar and did kipping pullups! I was the second one done so I think between 6-8 minutes!! That sure does help.

    Nice work Veronica doing the WOD twice...you are a machine!

Thanks For Visiting!