RSS

Tuesday 080923

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD
Rest Day.













We have had a few of you sign up for FGB III yesterday and I know that there will be some last minute sign-ups by weeks end. If you are able please do so as soon as possible so that I can finalize who is in which heat.

I have linked pdf's for both the itinerary of the event as well as a preliminary listing of of who is in each heat in the right hand column under CrossFit Omaha Events. The heat listing may change a little but I'll try and keep it as close to what you see as possible.

Don't worry if you don't know who Gary Muhs is. He has invited everyone who is not going to the game over to his house for the evening. I have posted his contact info and address to the comments. Hope to see everyone there.

UPDATE: THERE IS ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT FOR FIGHT GONE BAD. IF YOU ARE THINKING THAT MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO IT, NOW WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO SIGN-UP. ONCE THIS SPOT IS FILLED WE WILL NO LONGER ALLOW ANYONE TO DO THE WORKOUT. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS A REASON NOT TO COME AND ENJOY THE FESTIVITIES. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF FOOD AND DRINK SO DO COME.

AS I MENTIONED EARLIER, IF YOU HAVE THE MEANS PLEASE BRING A SIDE DISH, DRINKS, OR AT LEAST CHIPS FOR EVERYONE TO SHARE. THANKS AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT EVENT.


edit post

17 Responses to "Tuesday 080923"

  1. Ricky Frausto Says:
  2. Gary Muhs
    12924 Burt St.
    402-213-3878

    Directions:
    Take Dodge to 132nd St.
    Go North on 132nd St
    Go South on Cuming St.
    When you hit the roundabout, Burt St is the first right.
    My house is the fifth house down on the left.
    I will leave my garage open, to help let people know which house.
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. all of this talk about this weekend is making me soooo sad that i agreed to spend it at home with the family:( good luck to everyone this saturday, and i really, really wish i could make it out to greg's for the football party!!! sad face... next time, i promise!!!!
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. p.s. nice pic hannah! intense...
  7. hannah eileen Says:
  8. AWFUL! take that business down.
  9. Donohoe Says:
  10. hELLO everyone from Owatanna minesota, Im still here for 4 more LONG DAYS I completed the workout today and it was ok. saturdays workout was a work of painful art nice ric and joe. I am looking forward to the game sat and getting back to Omaha. miss you all.
    Donohoe
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Sorry Hannah it stays up. Ricky likes to get those pics where our faces are all wild, intense, and half the time you are holding your breath so bad that your face is all red & puffy.....

    Personally I think its a hot pic - deal with it :)
  13. paul Says:
  14. amazing crowd for 6am on a rest day.

    i did sets of 3 front squats, getting up to 220. then I did

    6 rds

    20 seconds of squats
    rest 10 secs
    20 secs of shuttles
    rest 10 secs

    i got 15 squats and 4 shuttles of about 25 yds each round.
  15. kahrs Says:
  16. Messed around with 100M rowing sprints. Got down to 17.1 sec. Found a good damper setting for it also. I am enjoying rowing more, now I just need to learn how to pace myself for longer distances.
  17. BC Says:
  18. Did a variation of Sunday's workout - 20 DU's and 30 second hand stand holds, 5 rounds total. Thanks for the help Joe, and thanks for completely contradicting everything Joe said Kylie L ;). Laters.
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. bc, i still think my way is easier! ...maybe not correct...but easier! addi and i did front squats today- i did 3x131 & 2x136. perfect thing for a rest day!
  21. hannah eileen Says:
  22. 6 am had a great showing today! there was so much great effort! i love it.
    i did cleans because i havent done them in a while. joe made me do from thigh, knee, ground, ground, knee, thigh without putting it down. i thought it was going to be way easier than it turned out to be. o well. nice new bruises.
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Reba and I did our WOD together tonight.... because we looked so cute together!
    AMRAP in 20 min:
    5 box jumps 30ish inches
    10 pistols
    15 weighted push-ups 22lbs
    I almost finished 7 rounds. The push-ups were the toughest part- 22 lbs gets heavy!
    Great rest day workouts for everyone!
  25. ZachR Says:
  26. I did yesterday's workout in 9:30

    I did not break up the swings or the pullups but the runs were horrible.
  27. JonD Says:
  28. Great rest day everyone, I did SDHP because I have never done them before and I thought hey it would be a good idea before Fight Gone Bad. Well that was fun Kylie and I did 10 SDHP and 30sec handstand holds for 5 rounds. A modified Sunday workout. Well that was actually pretty good one. Well thats all I got and I will see yall tomorrow.

    Makayla (did I spell that right) Nice pull ups too it was great working with ya.
  29. Anonymous Says:
  30. I did yesterday's workout with Greg. It kind of sucked, but in a good way of course. Finished in 14:10.

    I love rest days....I mean does anyone really REST at Crossfit?!?!?
    5:30 was packed with people doing all kinds of crazy things!!
  31. Mark Says:
  32. I did yesterday's work out with Zach. Finished in 11:50... after some recovery Schwen and I did tabata push-ups. My lowest this time was 11, and not a second before the buzzer.
  33. Addi Says:
  34. Did front squats with K-Lude.. Just squeaked out 136 x 3. Not sure what my max was before, but it felt damn heavy, so I'm calling it a PR.

    Also, got in some good heckling. Not quite a PR, but solid work.

Thanks For Visiting!