RSS

Thursday 080911

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD
Rest Day.






















One-half of the dynamic duo known as the Barna sisters. Veronica is showing some skills with the jump rope. She is showing improvement every day and is so close to getting her first pull-up.
____________________________________

Another reminder that Fight Gone Bad III is just around the corner. We need you to sign up as a participant or at least let Joe or I know if you can make it in that day to help count reps. For those of you coming, either helping out or working out, plan on bringing a plate of your favorite dish as we will be sticking around afterwards for some lunch and drinks. Click on this link to visit our Fight Gone Bad team webpage. 

I also need you guys that have signed up to encourage those that haven't to do so. There are still newer members that don't know to check the blog for information on workouts, upcoming events, and posting of times to the comments so be sure to mention it to all new people so that we can keep building this community.


edit post

10 Responses to "Thursday 080911"

  1. kahrs Says:
  2. Way to go Libby, back to back postings. Check out the games website another awesome video of Libby there. Great work.
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. Want to be on the Crossfit Omaha email list, so you can know about all the great things going on inside and outside of the gym send me your email address: danielle.ostronic@metrofcu.org

    Thanks
  5. Donohoe Says:
  6. I did the five rounds of 1/2 wall balls pullups and 1/2 burpee. Yeah that one blew. I finished in 18:10 and no more drinking during the week.
    DOnohoe
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. alright. i will not be able to attend fight gone bad. its on zachr's birthday and we'll be at a cubs-brewers game in milwaukee. i wish everyone the best of luck. do us proud.
    since i will be unable to workout tomorrow (damn 7-7 work) i came in today to work on some stuff. i wanted to do the 3 things i hate more than anything without being too worried about time. i did:
    6 rds
    5 kb swings (started with 1.5, ended with 1 bc we did them yesterday)
    5 pullups
    5 pushups

    finished 8:47. i could have pushed myself harder, but i wanted to get better work in than a good time. great job tonight people. kylie, you are truly an inspiration to do work. :) see everyone saturday
  9. Kelli Says:
  10. Linda --- she's a *****. I got all screwed up on this one (out of order...etc.) I know that I did 95# bench (~60% weight), think I did 155# deadlifts (~100% weight) and 90# cleans (~58% weight). I ended up DNF with 3 benches done and 1 clean. Linda really puts some perspective on Crossfitters...strong...
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Ang and Reba...I did the workout Joe made up for you...the 5 rounds for time: 500m row, 15 push-ups. I did banded push-ups...and didn't time myself...holy cow I died.

    Mel C
  13. Mark Says:
  14. I'd have to agree with Kelli, Linda is a (fill in the expletive). I did like this workout though. For those who don't know what Linda is, it is:

    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of:
    1.5 times body weight deadlifts
    body weight bench press
    3/4 body weight full squat cleans

    I scaled to 220# deadlift (120% BW),138# bench (77% BW) and 88# cleans (49% BW). I DNF, I made it through the round of 4 when time was called. Really tough one tonight...
  15. Kelli Says:
  16. I liked her too Mark -- she just kicked my butt...:P
  17. paul Says:
  18. Kelli and Mark--it is awesome that you guys even attempted Linda! I'm jealous!
  19. A Says:
  20. Whoa, Linda. She's a mean lady, I've determined. Ang and I gave her a good fight, though. :-)
    155# deadlift (135% bodyweight)
    77# cleans (65% bw)
    70# bench (61% bw)
    Finished just before the cut off. I think the above numbers are right...although my hands are still shaking from the workout. I LOVE IT!!!
    Awesome job to 6:30!!

Thanks For Visiting!