RSS

Tuesday 120911

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD

"Moore"
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
Rope Climb, 1 ascent
Run 400 meters
Handstand Push ups, max reps

If you do not have rope climbs, you will substitute 5 strict pull ups with a band or 7 ring rows. If you do not have handstand push ups, substitute max reps push ups.

Post round/reps completed to comments/Logwod.

Always remember September 11th.


What a fun game to play. What are some of your favorite field games to play?

edit post

13 Responses to "Tuesday 120911"

  1. Kristina Nash Says:
  2. Egg Toss!!
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. So, I couldn't climb the rope (something to practice on Thursdays.)

    I did 4 1/2 rounds with pull-ups using the thick green band and modified push-ups, around 10-15 reps each round. I think I am getting better at running that hill!

    Oh, and Capture the flag!
  5. paul Says:
  6. Great work as always, 6am!

    Tried to scale this one in a way that would be good shoulder therapy:

    5 strict CTB pullups (palms in)
    400m run
    10 strict DB presses (40#s)

    6 full rds.

    I was surprised by how fatigued my hamstrings got on the runs. I guess they're still beat up from yesterday.
  7. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail Says:
  8. 5 2/3 rounds. Close on rope climbs. Long socks would help! 5 PU's with red band & 10-15 strict push-ups...closer to 10 at the end.
  9. Tovar Says:
  10. For those of you that are interested the 2012 CrossFit Games episodes begin airing tonight on ESPN 2. Below is a link to the TV schedule.

    http://games.crossfit.com/article/espn2-tv-schedule

    Also, didn't get a chance to post yesterday's results. I finished in 13:23 RX'd. I was super excited about this considering this time last year I would've never been able to use this weight in a workout like this. This weight used to be so hard for me to do in high repetitions so this was a great test for me. Had to do singles all the way thru but kept at it and finished my set of 3 before the 12 minute cutoff and then got to complete the last run.

    Started up strength programming recently too so CFO WOD's are going to be hit and miss. I'll post results whenever I get a chance to make it in for CFO classes.
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. Kick Ball.

    6.5 rounds today. HSPU's were tuff on the shoulder till it got warmed up (ie hot). 38 HSPU's all kipping.

    Great Hero WOD today. Good to suffer in remembrance.
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. Red Rover!
  17. Addi Says:
  18. Fun to jump in on a class again! Good times at 9 am! Thanks for pushing me on those runs, Oscar! And great choice for a hero WOD, Jimmy. Tough, but fun.

    5 rds + 1 run w/ 61 HSPU (all kipping)
    I got MeganMc on the runs, for once in my life, but she creamed me on the HSPU. (That's nice.) I was surprised at how good the runs felt, considering how little conditioning i've been doing and how long it's been since I've run longer than 100m.
  19. Gdawg Says:
  20. kick ball fo sho!

    going to join 6:30 tonight, I've missed some of the evening faces! I forgot to post yesterday as well, I finished 12:28 rx'd...the runs kinda sucked but I really enjoyed the WOD...can defintely tell the difference since focusing on olympic lifts more the last few weeks.

    Looking forward to tonight! Also, just a heads up I will not be in town this weekend so there will not be any swimming on Sunday. BUT Thursday from 6-7pm the pool is available, if you want to join let me know! If we can get 5 people it's a good deal!
  21. Shelley Says:
  22. 6 full rounds rx'd with 41 hspu's

    I had about 10 seconds left when I got to the wall after last run and managed to get 2 reps before buzzer.

    Hspu's were 11,8,7,7,6,2.

    11 is a PR for unbroken reps for me.

    Good job 6:30!!
  23. JennG Says:
  24. 4 rounds plus the run in the 5th round. Did the first climb & came just shy of getting to the top (what's up with that?!?!) so gave up and did 7 ring rows for the following rounds. Runs Rx'd. & modified PU - 11 each round.
  25. Paula Says:
  26. 4 rds plus the run in the 5th rd as well. Tried the rope and it was a no go today so went with the 5 ring rows and strict HR pushups. Ended up the total of 55.

    Congrats on the HSPU PR's, Shelley and Jessica!

    Nice job 6:30! I think I have had enough running for a while or until the Corporate cup.

Thanks For Visiting!