RSS

Friday 120914

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD

On a 3 minute clock, complete seven rounds for time of:
1 Front Squat
3 Jerks (split or push)

For a round to be successful, the front squat and jerks must be unbroken without dropping the bar. You may split jerk or push jerk the weight. Increase weight each round.

Post weights used to comments/Logwod.


Carrie and daughter Cate.

edit post

10 Responses to "Friday 120914"

  1. john Says:
  2. This was a nice workout to get back in the swing of things after being away for a week.

    Teamed up with Cory, Jeff, and Tyler. Followed Jeff's lead and ended up with:

    132, 142, 154, 164, 176, 181, and finished with 186

    Should have worked on push jerks - but really like splitting. I. Guess I should have alternated legs - especially with the lower weight. Will make note of it for next time ;)

    Great work gentlemen and Team 6am!!!
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. I teamed up with Gina and Keva. Keva and I planned to end at 99#, she progressed pasted 99 and I couldn't quite make it. My last set was 92# and I missed the last rep. So, 87# was my last complete set. Technique was an issue for me, but I think I mostly just need to get stronger and more comfortable with heavy weights overhead.
  5. Carrie Adams Says:
  6. Hahaha! I love this picture! Can't wait to do this at noon with some awesome ladies. (CrossFit kids? Cate is itching for it.)
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Struggled with snatch work this morning. Of all the lifts we do, this is the hardest for me. I've been working technique and some days it feels like I'm making progress, but today wasn't one of those days.

    It wasn't all bad as strict hspu's were a PR at 7 first round and overhand grip strict pullups were a PR at 8 first round ( have done 8 with underhand grip before). I like good mornings too.

    4 rounds of amrap strict hspu's, amrap strict pullups overhand grip, 10 good mornings at 163#, rest 45 seconds in between each movement.

    Hspu's: 7,3,5,3
    Pullups: 8, 6,5,5

    I admit I was a bit testy/bitchy during snatch and feeling sorry for myself :(. Then I got over it.

    Great job Megan G on snatch! It definitely helps having someone to train with.
  9. TaraBear Says:
  10. I believe Cate rang the PR bell for her first handstand! Good job!
  11. Carrie Adams Says:
  12. Cate did ring the bell. She wants one in her bedroom now... TROUBLE.
  13. Steve Says:
  14. 184#. Failed at 198... probably the only way I could have got 198 would've been to skip rounds 1-6.

    Very weird center of gravity Cate, but congrats.
  15. Paula Says:
  16. 119# - Teamed up the Tara and Hannah-started with 77, 82, 92,102, 109,114,119. Probably could have gone up.

    Then Steve asked me to do a "warm up" run for sunday! Ran 1 mile with Steve, Rock and Regina. First time I ever ran up that dang hill without stopping. I actually ran the whole mile w/o stopping except to tie my shoe at the half way point. Definitely a PR for me. Thanks Regina for hanging with me. The boys ran with the vest and sandbag and still kicked my butt. I hate to say it...but thanks Steve! It gave me confidence going into Sundays run.
  17. Addi Says:
  18. Nice work, Paula! That hill is a bitch. Gets me every time.
  19. JennG Says:
  20. 77, 87, 99, 104, 109, 114, 119

    The only jerk PR I have recorded is a 5RM of 97. We'll call this progress. I had a really good time lifting with Libby & Regina. Nice job, Ladies!

    Looking forward to watching the Princess Bride tomorrow night. Hope to see lots of people there.

Thanks For Visiting!