RSS

Friday 120831

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD

"Holleyman"

Thirty rounds for time of:
5 Wall Balls, 20#/14#
3 Handstand Push ups
225#/153# Power Clean, 1 rep

Post time to comments/Logwod.


U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Aaron N. Holleyman, 27, of Glasgow, Montana, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group, based in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, was killed on August 30, 2004, when his military vehicle hit an improvised explosive device in Khutayiah, Iraq. He is survived by his daughters Shelby and Erin, son Zachary, parents Ross and Glenda, and siblings Kelly and Daniel.

edit post

14 Responses to "Friday 120831"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Rooks - at least there's no running??
  3. paul Says:
  4. Wow, this is crazy. Would love to take a crack at this.
  5. Gdawg Says:
  6. ya snooze ya lose. Snooze button won this morning, accidentally swyped the cancel instead of snooze on my phone and missed 7am. which means I'll be in tonight to "take a crack at this" one! looks painful and fun.

    plan on being in tomorrow for open gym and a mop wod.

    I am full for swimming on sunday but next week plan on doing it again thursday and sunday. Let me know if you're intersted. CFO Nation fb group has info/details, hit me up!

    enjoy labor day weekend!
  7. john Says:
  8. Had the day off and decided to drop in on the 9am class. Even though I missed my 6am peeps for moral support - 9am crew was just as encouraging - thanks for Bob for pushing me.

    I got 25 rounds just after the buzzer. I scaled HSPU from 3 rep to 2 and went with 176 for the clean.

    Really like this one - definitely need to pace yourself.
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. Did a modified version in hotel gym this morning: MB throws..HS push ups...DB hang cleans with 45# DBs: 28:30. Feelin a little better bout cleaning :) have a fun and healthy holiday weekend! :)
  11. Rooks Says:
  12. Wow! Not a good day for me, about 4 rounds in @ 172 and using the box for hspu got very dizzy and started seeing spots. Thanks Amanda for helping me out by switching out weights! I ended up with 23 rounds. I think I ended up resting at least 5minson and off because I couldn't shake the dizziness.

    Btw Addi after today I've had enough cleans for a while :/
    Everyone have a great holiday weekend!
  13. Collins Says:
  14. Scaled Scaled uggh. This is one of those workouts that makes me feel like a wussy. Scaled hspu to a pair of 45# DB's for shoulder press, and 132 for cleans. Tried to stick w 1 min a round, got 10 done at 9 min 20 at 21 min and pushed and got 30th done 15 sec b4 cutoff. Sweaty mess. Did I mention I scaled? LOL Watching people 1/2 my weight clean more than me is a little frustrating. Some day I'll figure it out.
  15. Sherv Says:
  16. Made it through 18 rounds + 5 WB prescribed. Glad I went heavy on the power cleans, but I was catching with my feet way too wide. Gotta work on that. What a grinder.

    Corey
  17. paul Says:
  18. JEALOUS!! definitely doing this one on a saturday morning at some point.
  19. Steve Says:
  20. Rooks, I agree on the dizziness. Several times I did 3 HSPUs, went and cleaned, and had to stop for a couple seconds. That quick transition from upside down to heavy exertion did me in.

    23 rounds, 176 lbs.

    HSPUs all felt good.



  21. Gdawg Says:
  22. 22 rounds. started at 3 hspus then scaled to 1. should have tried two before scaling to 1 but each one felt really good so next I know I can push myself beyond that. I rx'd the clean weight, had difficulty getting my elbows through all the way and quarter squatting it. when power cleans pop up I find that I focus more on the pull and not the squat...need to change that and get stronger. wall balls were good!

    great work 4:30, loved sticking around to watch 5:30! great work all around! have a good holiday weekend guys!

    megan
  23. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail Says:
  24. 24 rounds scaled with box HSPU's and 99# PC. Tried 109# the first few rounds and had to lower weight b/c I psyched myself out.

    I kind of like, sorta love, long ones like this...and any that involve running ;)
  25. JennG Says:
  26. Power clean short of 21 rounds.
    121# for the power cleans
    30# DB presses for HSPU
  27. Shelley Says:
  28. Did strength workout (C&J, backsquats, push press)then

    10 minute AMRAP of today's CFO wod Rx'd:

    8 rounds; cleans felt really good (feet never went wide), HSPU's got tough fast and that was what slowed me down here, WB's felt "light"

Thanks For Visiting!