RSS

Wednesday 120613

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

1A. Alternating Pistol Negatives, 2 minutes
Rest 60 seconds
1B. Alternating Pistol Negatives w/ Roll, 2 minutes
Rest 60 seconds
1C. Alternating Full Pistol w/ Roll, 2 minutes
Rest 60 seconds
1D. Alternating Pistols, 2 minutes

Use assistance where needed on any of the skills. For 1A, shoot for dropping your hips on top of your heel and holding it. For 1B, do a negative followed by roll. For 1C, watch linked video. And finally, for 1D, practice full pistols, using assistance if needed.

Conditioning

As many rounds/reps as possible in 5 minutes of:
30 Double Unders
15 Power Snatch, 74#/53#

Rest 2 minutes. Repeat for 3 cycles.

Post results to comments/Logwod.


The store's coming along nicely. Progenex, more PaleoKits, Strength Wraps, and Tanka Bars and Bites, should be in later this week.

edit post

12 Responses to "Wednesday 120613"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Subbed in 10 x 24" weight box jumps due to shoulder injury. Got 15 rounds and change in. Brutal workout.

    I have to make a plug for the Pilates class. I felt a huge difference in my DU power and I know it's from taking the Pilates class. I was more aware of my core and able to keep it tight. Usually the intial jump is spent on opening up my chest because I can't keep it up with just my abs. The pilates work I've been doing has made a huge difference in keeping the chest up and everything as effecient as possible.

    So if you haven't consider going. It's easily translates to every part of the workout.
  3. paul Says:
  4. always glad to get some pistol work in--i need as much as i can get.

    ripped my hands in the metcon and got very frustrated and kind of lost my temper. 3-2-2 rds rx'ed. I know I had the capacity for 3-3-3, but i didn't want to make my hands worse and screw myself for the next week of training. So i held back. To be honest, doing 2 rds in 5 min wasn't easy as it was (and I tried to get them done quickly, but i definitely slowed down).
  5. Jen Allison Says:
  6. I really enjoyed the pistol progression this morning. They went much better than last time we worked on them. I used my weightlifting shoes and a 5# plate at the end. Left leg is weaker than the right. Surprise (nope.)!

    91 reps/60 reps/ 60 reps
    My hands ripped as well - womp, womp.

    Great job, 6am - perfect morning to be out moving around!
  7. Paula Says:
  8. Had to take a couple of recovery days. After the Warrior Dash, CrossFit for Hope, and yesterdays little chipper my body was pissed. I'll be ready to #getafterit tomorrow. Lots of makeup to do.
  9. Addi Says:
  10. Pistol practice went better than expected. Legs are super sore, and my hips were badly in need of an adjustment (took care of that this afternoon). Not my best pistols by far, but I was just happy to have them today.

    3rds + 5 Sn, 3 rds + 28 DU, 3 rds even
    double unders fell apart a little here and there. Power snatches felt great until the 3rd round of the 3rd cycle - hamstrings just decided to quit. Had to really push to get through those. Still, I loved this workout. I worked hard on following Joe's advice to give just enough hip extension, and then pull under faster. Speed under the bar is a big hole for me, and I felt like I got a little better handle on it today. Good stuff!

    Also, Megan M and I did some bridge-ups, pike stretch, and some heavy press. Felt great. Loving our skill/strength playtimes.
  11. Addi Says:
  12. Great job on the double-unders this morning, Dan! Progress!
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Pistol practice went better than expected. Legs are super sore, and my hips were badly in need of an adjustment (took care of that this afternoon). Not my best pistols by far, but I was just happy to have them today.

    3rds + 5 Sn, 3 rds + 28 DU, 3 rds even
    double unders fell apart a little here and there. Power snatches felt great until the 3rd round of the 3rd cycle - hamstrings just decided to quit. Had to really push to get through those. Still, I loved this workout. I worked hard on following Joe's advice to give just enough hip extension, and then pull under faster. Speed under the bar is a big hole for me, and I felt like I got a little better handle on it today. Good stuff!

    Also, Megan M and I did some bridge-ups, pike stretch, and some heavy press. Felt great. Loving our skill/strength playtimes.
  15. Gdawg Says:
  16. great work at 9am today although i was surprised to see it was somewhat of a sausage fest...where were my girls at!?!?

    Pistols are tough for me, but I got a few rolls up on 1 foot which is progress.

    metcon
    2rnds + 8 snatch, 2 rounds + 30Du, 2 rnds + 10 snatch

    hands tore on the third round. du's really f'd with me the 2nd round...been a long time since i've snatched so this was "fun".
  17. Troy Says:
  18. 277 total, 113, 83, 81

    Pistol practice was great, I got one roll up into a pistol for the first time and I was able to do full pistols without holding onto my foot for the first time.
  19. JennG Says:
  20. Pistols were...well pistol-ish.
    There is nothing more to say.
    Definitely a weakness & am limited to negatives, but there were a few that felt "right" so I guess I'm on the right track. Maybe if I took them a little more seriously rather than just assume I'm not going to be able to do them.

    Was looking forward to the met-con all day. Got 30 unbroken DU! PR!!!! Rock, if I can do this..so can you. I love not being afraid of WODs with double-unders. With Ricky's help, I really focused on slowing the snatch way down and trying to fix some technique problems. I really appreciate the help.

    I had a great time working with Hannah Sacco, too. If you don't know this girl, you should. She's a pretty cool chick.
  21. Rooks Says:
  22. Gotta love Pistols! Great Metcon today did 3+ rounds each time. I did jumps over the bar instead of DU. I need to figure out DU one of these days This was my first workout of the week it was good to get back inthe gym. Great job 4:30
  23. Jen Allison Says:
  24. Definitely realized last night that I have terrible math skills. Let's try this -

    Conditioning:
    2 rounds + 30DU + 1snatch/ 2 rounds/ 2 rounds

Thanks For Visiting!