RSS

Monday 120611

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Dead-lift - 3x3 or 3x1

If you own a recent dead-lift of 400#/300#+, you will use the set/rep scheme of 3x3. If your dead-lift is sub 400#/300#, you will follow 3x1 and try and set a new 1RM. Use sound judgement when picking weights, trust in your coaches instruction and listen as best as you can, and warm-up properly. The primary goal is always no injuries. Complete on a 4 minute clock.

Conditioning

For time:
100M/85F Ball Slams @ 16# (100 if 12# is used)
60 DB Push ups, 45#/30#
50 Toes to Bar
40 Front Squats, 132#/99#
15 Muscle-ups

DB Push ups are nothing other than using the listed dumbbells for the hands. Chest/Belly must break the plane of the top of the handle but must never touch the ground. The substitution for muscle-ups this time around is 20M/13F strict pull ups before doing 20M/13F either ring or straight bar dips. Coaches will direct any of you below this scale.

Post results to comments/Logwod.


The Hope Crew. This is the new Fight Gone Bad fundraiser so I hope to build on this from year to year as the proceeds go to such an amazing hospital/entity/program. We set a modest goal of $1000 and surpassed it with a $1227. Next year is $5000.

 Thanks to all of you that came out and participated.

edit post

8 Responses to "Monday 120611"

  1. Blair Tice Says:
  2. 1 RM DL 267#. Last 1 RM was in November at 275# but I'm pretty sure my form was terrible. Really happy with today and looking forward to going up next time!

    Conditioning: DNF with 13 pull ups left. Last 30 pushups on my knees. 99# for FS

    Great work 6am! Happy Monday!
  3. Jen Allison Says:
  4. DL - 240#
    A shout out to Shawn for letting me DL with him this morning! Not a PR, but I'm pretty happy with it taking my sporadic gym attendance into consideration! :)

    Scaled conditioning to:
    85 ball slams (used a wall ball - ran out of med balls)
    45 push ups
    35 toes to bars (Oh, hello opportunity for improvement!)
    25 FS at 77#
    Got through 8 strict pull ups before time was called.

    Great work, 6am!
  5. paul Says:
  6. Fun 9am class this morning!

    DL: 330x3, 357x3, 374x3. All reps felt good.

    Metcon: DNF rx'ed. Got all 40 FS and had 20s to spare, but just didn't have the wherewithal to get a muscle-up. Pretty disappointing, but I'm trying not to let it get to me.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. DL: 286x3, 313x3, 335x3

    335x3 is a PR; old 1RM was 329 and I had done 1x5 at 313 earlier this year. This felt pretty good, and I'm happy with it.

    Metcon: DNF; Rx'd until strict pullups; got 3 strict pullups at cutoff.

    Broke up ball slams once after 55 reps (did 85 reps using 16# ball)and took me just under 3 minutes.
    Pushups were slow (almost 5 and a half minutes) and T2B were slow (almost 6 minutes)

    I made up time on FS as those took about 2 and a half minutes. I broke those up in 4 sets of 10. I had just over a minute to do strict pullups/dips. On my first grab on the pullup bar, I couldn't keep my grip. I was finally able to get 2 then rest and get one more before time ran out.

    Good work 5:30!!
  9. Paula Says:
  10. DL- 233# which is a 24# PR. After the Warrior Dash on saturday and doing CrossFit for Hope yesterday I didn't know how my body was going to respond. I'm very happy with that.

    Metcon-DNF- finished the FS of 77# with about 10 sec. left. Pushup were tough. I ended up doing 3 at a time. As for the T2B I would get 1-2 then had to go to K2E. Work in progress.

    Great work 6:30! Welcome Kelly!!
  11. JennG Says:
  12. DL 228#. 9# PR

    Got to the pull-ups with about a minute left, but wasn't set up to scale them. Oops..way to plan ahead, Grass. Used 77# for the FS.
  13. pmohs Says:
  14. DL, 352 x 3, 372 x 3, 396 x 3, my previous 1RM was back in Sept and I believe it was 372, so I was pretty happy about this.

    As for the metcon, was pretty unhappy I didn't finish it. Got 11 MU in, if I had another minute or would of paced myself better I think I could of got it. Not a metcon favoring the tall person!
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Holy PRs again...

    None for me, though.
    DL - 257x3, 267x3, 277x3
    Could have gone a little heavier, but I deadlift so inconsistently, and my hips were rising a little early, so this was just right.

    DNF - got through 34/40 front squats. I was just SLOW. Pushups took a long time. Everything just felt sluggish. I know it's a breakfast thing, and I'm fixing it immediately.

    Per Ricky's instructions (see, I listen sometimes...), rested a few minutes and hit 6 muscle-ups. Sets of 3-1-2. Really happy with that, as I normally can't string them together fatigued. They felt pretty good, too. Progress!

Thanks For Visiting!