RSS

Wednesday 120530

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Barbell Step ups - 20 inch box

After a thorough warm-up, complete 3 sets of 5 reps each leg at the same weight. Go as heavy as you can. Fear the 3rd set. That's where strength lies.

Conditioning

As many reps/rounds as possible in 7 minutes of:
1 Dead-lift, 330#/209#
Run 200 meters
2 Dead-lifts
Run 200 meters
3 Dead-lifts
Run 200 meters
4 Dead-lifts
Run 200 meters
5 Dead-lifts
Run 200 meters

And so on until time runs out. Each run counts as 1 rep. How far can you get? Only other weights you can use are 286#/187#, 242#/165#, or 198#/143#. Scale up the workout by doing all dead-lift reps unchained, also known as true dead-lifts.

Post results to comments/Logwod.

On July 10th, the day after the Warrior Dash, the gym is hosting a brand spanking new fundraising event called CrossFit for Hope. This is a very special cause that Joe and I are excited about and hope that you will consider donating to and participating in.

Please visit http://hope.crossfit.com/affiliate?id=1033 and donate to our CrossFit Omaha fundraising page or create your own page at http://www.crossfitforhope.com and link it to CrossFit Omaha. If you participated in the CrossFit Open, you can use that same account and all the work is done for you. Just enter that username and password to sign in. We'll see you on the 10th.

edit post

10 Responses to "Wednesday 120530"

  1. Blair Tice Says:
  2. 58# 3x5 step ups

    Conditioning: 4 rounds + 5 DL (187#)
    DL lifts felt really strong, but I need to continue to push myself more on the runs

    Great morning with the 6am crew!

    Happy Hump Day!
  3. Gdawg Says:
  4. 55# on step ups...really tough for my right arthritic knee, really tried to focus on not using the bottom leg, help myself accountable and re-did shitty reps!

    conditioning: 4 rounds + 5DL and heard the music shut off when I passed the first garage door on my way back from the run, almost made it!

    I scaled the weight to 187# and shouldn't have. I breezed through them and actually looked fwd to them each round...the runs were the tough part...legs felt like jello!

    Great work 9am class! always a pleasure!

    Megan
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Fun times at 9 - this is my last week of 9 am for the summer. :(

    82# for step-ups. Probably should have gone a little heavier, but it was really hard to not push off with my left leg. Tried to focus on not cheating. So much concentration!

    5 rds + 4 DL rx'd
    This was fun! DL got heavier than I expected. Did lots of singles to save my hamstrings for the runs. Run pace and form stayed fairly consistent, so happy with that! Thanks for pushing me on those, Carrie!
  7. paul Says:
  8. 4 rds, 5 DL, and about 195m. Was past the first garage door when I heard the buzzer. d'oh!

    135# for step ups.
  9. Mark Says:
  10. 110 for the step ups, tried really hard not to push off the bottom leg but I am sure I did a couple times.

    4 rounds Rx'd on the metcon. DLs were really heavy and after the 4th run, I couldn't even pick up the bar.

    For anyone who might be interested, I have a couple extra kombucha scobys (or mushrooms) if you want to try and brew your own kombucha tea. I have been brewing my own for about 2 months now and I love it! I drink about 16 ounces a day.
  11. pmohs Says:
  12. 142# for step ups, felt like I could of gone just a little heavier, I'll write that down for next time. Now the heaviest weight on the board is 142 Pete! Nice work!

    I got through 6 DL at 330# and then made it to the curb for the 200m run when I heard the buzzer.
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. 103# for step ups

    I got through 6 DL's and half the run; took off for the last run with :34 left and got back :30 after cutoff. I did true DL's Rx'd instead of touch and go for all reps. These felt good.
  15. Paula Says:
  16. 33# bar for step ups. ...sucky I know!

    Conditioning- 4 rds + 1 DL @ 187#. DL felt pretty good today. Running could always be better.

    Great job 6:30!!! Good times as always!
  17. JennG Says:
  18. 58# on step ups. Right leg so much weaker than left...need to work on that. Could have gone heavier on the left leg, but definitely not the right. Loved working with Crystal on this, though. We talked each other into doing the extra 5#.

    Just got back into the parking lot on the 4th round when time was called with 184#. I was unprepared to do the deadlift when I got back from the first run and it just felt crazy heavy. They never really felt right after that & I took too much time on them. While the runs certainly weren't fun, they didn't suck as much as I had anticipated they would.

    Great job, 6:30!
  19. Lauren F. Says:
  20. 68# for the step ups. Loved these!

    4 rounds plus 3 DL's for the CWOD. Used 176#...felt pretty good :). Runs felt slow as always, but I think even these are slowly starting to improve :). Great job 5:30!!

Thanks For Visiting!