RSS

Thursday 120426

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day

How's everyone feeling after the last three days? Reminder that there is Pilates available at 4:30pm tomorrow for anyone that requires active recovery.


Check out Danielle prepare for a thruster. Can you believe this pic was taken on June 15th, 2009?

In April, the gym celebrated it's 5th year as an affiliate of CrossFit and in August, we will celebrate being in this building for 4 years.


Joe, Chris, and I moved the business to its current location and Joe and I quit our full time jobs at the height of our nation's economic downturn. At a time when small businesses were struggling, we, with trepidation, raised prices. Our goal has always been to provide the best service possible and to believe that we were/are worth every penny. That philosophy has driven both he and I to be better than yesterday.

We have worked hard and have had many missteps along the way. Some for the better and some we would rather soon forget. In the end, Joe and I have grown up so much yet have so much more to learn. We have tried to provide the foundation for a strong and close knit community to develop organically. We are very proud to be a part of every one of your lives.

Thank you for the opportunity.

edit post

6 Responses to "Thursday 120426"

  1. Gdawg Says:
  2. so funny, I was texting Jenn Grass today about how exciting it has been to watch Ricky & Joe grow over the years as better coaches, husband, fathers & friends...but I couldn't fit it all into 140 characters so I'll post it here...

    Anyone who has been a part of CrossFit since UNO days has seen how having their own gym has bettered these guys and made them happier people. Specifically, these last few years have been an incredible journey to be a part of. This gym has BLOWN UP and I am constantly amazed by the success of the gym & it's members. Congrats!

    It has been said that Ricky can be intimidating and Joe's sarcasm is tough to read at times, but...
    Here's how you know where you stand with these guys:
    If you care about yourself, make goals, accept their feedback, and communicate they will put effort into helping you meet & exceed those goals. They won't give up on you as long as you bust ass. They don't just spew fitness/anatomy terms at you to sound smart, they continually educate themselves so they can help & educate you. They want you to understand why we do what we do, so if you don't follow something...ASK QUESTIONS! You'll get an answer and feedback that is true (no sugar coating). Knowledge is power and these guys know their shit!

    I don't want to leave Amanda out either. The success of the gym has a lot to do with her hard work too. She handles many of the tedious things that make CFO run! She has incredible patience and a big heart for all CFO members. It's been great to see her transform into a strong leader and coach for CFO. A #WomanOfCrossFit that many CFO women look up to.

    New or old I'm sure you appreciate how much our coaches have done not only for us in Omaha, but for the sport of CrossFit nationally. Of all the affiliates out there CrossFit Omaha is one of a kind, Because of them and because of it's members. Take pride in being a part of CFO, can't wait to see what changes come in the next few years.

    okay, no more sappy posts for a while! Have fun in the gym today and work on something you suck at :-)

    Megan
  3. TerraMoyers Says:
  4. I have been a member for almost a year now and have never posted on the blog so I thought now was a good time. I am very proud to be a member of the Crossfit Omaha Community. Thanks Ricky, Joe, and Amanda for all you do!

    Terra
  5. tfrescas Says:
  6. Just hit my 1 yr at CFO and even though I know I need to be more dedicated I know that I have never been happier being a part of gym. The staff and people are amazing and the atmosphere is incredible.

    I must say thanks to Megan G. cause she was reason I first went to CFO to watch her workout and since then I have been hooked and have met some pretty awesome people.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Don't even get me started on this topic! I love this gym, I loved it when I joined 4 1/2 years ago, and I think in many ways it keeps getting better!

    I am feeling surprisingly good after the last 3 days. Naturally, my ass and quads are sore from the lunges yesterday. But I actually feel good enough to work out today (though I shouldn't and I'm not going to). I think sometimes the really brutal programming flips a switch in my body somewhere that actually makes me recover faster.
  9. Addi Says:
  10. I don't think I ever realized the economic timing of "The Big Move." Probably because none of us doubted for a moment that Joe and Ricky had what it took to make it a success. Being a part of this gym has given me opportunities I never would have thought were even options for me. I wouldn't change any of it, and I can't wait to see what's yet to come.
  11. Gdawg Says:
  12. Thanks Tony! And congrats to you and Terra on your 1 year with CFO!

Thanks For Visiting!