RSS

Friday 120427

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
As a reminder, Warrior Dash training will be scheduled every other Friday!

Skill/Strength

Ring Push ups (feet elevated) 

Sets must be unbroken. You can rest at the top or at the bottom but in order for reps to count, you must stay on the rings until the 30 is up. More directions in comments.

Conditioning

In teams of at least 3, complete the following for time:
Five rounds of:
50 Single Arm DB Snatches, 50#/40#
50 Pull ups

Rest 90 seconds

One round of:
350 Pulls on the Rower

More directions in comments.

Post total push up reps and cond. time to comments/Logwod.


When you're in the gym tomorrow, check out the set up and the new items we just received. If you'd like to purchase anything, we are using the honor system because we trust everyone of you.

There is a sign in sheet between the clothes racks where you enter your name, the abbreviation of what you are purchasing, and how many. At the end of every week, we will go in and charge accounts. Abbreviations are listed for you.

 Enjoy!

edit post

14 Responses to "Friday 120427"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Rules for Ring Push ups

    At least 4 people to a set of rings following a 30 second on/30 second off rotation. This will ensure that every athlete gets 3.5 minutes rest between attempts. Do this for a total of 3 sets. Rings are preset to the required height and may not be moved higher or lower. Prescribed height for the feet is a bench. Scale by using a lower height for the feet or placing on the floor.

    Sets must be unbroken. You can rest at the top or at the bottom but in order for reps to count, you must stay on the rings until the 30 is up.

    Rules for Conditioning

    The single arm snatches must be pulled from the ground, must be alternating arms, and most importantly, must be caught (locked out overhead) with bent knees before standing up to finish the movement. Every team gets two dumbbells (one for for each gender if your team contains both) and one spot for pull ups.

    For rowing, there will be no monitor use and all dampers must be set at 6. The range of motion is handle past the catch (where you put it when resting) to handle touching chest while leaned back.
  3. BigD Says:
  4. NICE!
  5. paul Says:
  6. Fun morning!

    Ring PU: 16, 15, 15

    Team WOD: teamed up with Shelley and Corey and we got to 123 pulls on the rower at 25 min. Finished the first part in 19:55. Great working with you guys! I thought we were a kick-ass team!

    Haven't done DB snatches in a really long time, and I have clearly gotten a lot stronger. 50# felt really light for that movement, and 10 reps barely got my heart rate up. But those things used to RUIN me!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Loved the team WOD!!

    Ring PU: 13,14,12

    See Paul's statement above. We man/woman handled this one I think!! Broke DB snatches up in sets of 10, and pullups in sets of 5 and kept rotating each person through so that the same people weren't always doing 2 sets of snatches each round. Pace never fell off. We did 35 pulls on the rower each with Corey starting and finishing (23 pulls his second time through at the cutoff)

    Like Paul, I thought the 40# DB's felt light, but I still need to be more efficient technique wise.

    Great job 6 am.!!

    Jenna really did have the technique down on those DB snatches!
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. 18 pulls for Corey second time through on rower
  11. Kristina Nash Says:
  12. This was so fun. I suprised myself with the ring push-ups. I thought for sure I'd have to scale to the floor, but I did not. Not big numbers: 9, 10, 12. But I'm happy with that.

    Teamed up with Andy and Dane for the WOD, great guys. I'm so glad they were counting, because I sure didn't. We made it through 4 rounds and 30ish pull-ups. Dane and my hands tore making the pull-ups rough the last round. I loved the one-arm snatch. This was my first time doing that movement and it felt pretty good. I started with the 25# DB, then went up to 30#.

    Fun stuff!!
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Kristina, those are great numbers. Especially considering you were expecting to scale. You've been getting STRONG lately!

    14, 13, 11 on the pushups for me. If I had known Shelley's numbers, maybe I would have squeezed out a couple more. :) Kidding. Honestly, I'm pumped I was so close to her - pushups are not my best thing.

    Had so much fun on the team workout with Joe and Karen. 40# felt easy, and I played with butterfly pullups for about half the workout. Some looked much worse than others, but I think I'm zeroing in on what works for me. We finished the 5 rounds and got 50 pulls at time. (By we, I mean Karen and Joe...)
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Also worth mentioning - our girl Kat Anderson took 2nd place on event 2 (row, pistols, hang cleans) at the South Central Regional. Bumped her up to 15th for the day. Her time was 6 seconds faster than the 1st place finish in South East. She's been busting her ass this year at the gym and in the kitchen. So proud of her!
  17. Shane Says:
  18. This one was awesome. Loved it.
    15, 16, 14 on rings.
    Enjoyed working with Matt and Mike on the metcon! Hands = beat up.
  19. Paula Says:
  20. Ring pushup- 8, 6, 6. These were tough.

    Teamed up with JennG, Hira, and Gdawg! I started with 3 Kipping pull-ups for the first 3rds then I was having difficultly getting chin over bar, so Ricky said to go Jumping Pullup for last 2 rds. We broke up snatches by 10's then 5's for all rounds. We got...or should I say Jen got 39 pulls on rower when time was called.

    Great job Team and nice work 5:30! HUGE classes tonight!

    Looking forward to the Gymnastics Seminar tomorrow!
  21. Paula Says:
  22. Oh yeah....loving the new "store"!!! I got one of everything! Can't wait to try them tomorrow. I heard they are unbelievably good!! This could be dangerous. I may need to get a second job! LOVE the new shirts too!
  23. BigD Says:
  24. Shirts are awesome!
    Had a blast at 5AM today.
    19, 20, 21 on the push ups.
    Teamed up with Sue, Stephen, and John for the team WOD. Since we had to do 60 reps, we decided to do sets of 15. We got 25 reps into round 5 when time was called.
    Was happy because I was able to butterfly PU unbroken my first three sets! Only dropped at 12 on round 4, then kipped my last three. Granted, they probably weren't the prettiest, and I know I resisted too much on the negative (as my shoulder and arms felt worse than the first time I did Fran), but they are getting there...I think.
    Now, should have called it a day after that, but when I got on base an hour later and saw they were doing "Π (pi) Guy", which is...
    For time
    3-1-4 (get it? Pi? No math geeks? no?...just me...)
    of
    Muscle Ups
    HandStand Push Ups
    Front Squats (25/135)
    with a 12 minute cutoff, I had to give it a shot.
    I'll probably regret it tomorrow, but did it in 9:09, scaling the FS to 205 (was too lazy to adjust the weight). But the good part of it? Actually got kipping HSPU to string together!
    So, all in all, a good (but tiring) day.

    BTW, anyone know any good boxes in Las Vegas? Heading there for work for a few days next week.
  25. paul Says:
  26. At home today:

    Every 2 min for 5 rds
    7 presses (115)
    DNF: got only 4 reps in the 5th rd.

    10 rds
    5 DL (175)
    10 OHS (45)
    15 situps
    14:30

    Would've been a little faster, but my dog thinks situps are the best game ever, so I got attacked a few times and had to stop to play.
  27. Stacie Says:
  28. 17, 18, 18 on ring pushups
    21:15 - 50# DB. Megan mac and Terra M made for one heck of a team! After 90 sec rest, 76 pulls on rower with damper at 6. Great job ladies, it was fun!!

Thanks For Visiting!