RSS

Friday 120406

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Press

After a short warm-up of 3 reps followed by 2 reps, you have four attempts to find a heavy single for the day. After this 4th set, you will take 85% of the heaviest weight successfully lifted overhead and perform two sets of 5 reps followed by a third set of max reps.

For the first part of the workout (the 4 single attempts), you have exactly 7 minutes. After that, the sets will be completed on a 2 minute clock.

Conditioning

You have 90 seconds to run 200 meters and with whatever time is left, perform
AMRAP Toes 2 Bar

Rest 30 seconds. Repeat for 3 cycles.

Rest 2 minutes

You have 90 seconds to complete 30 KB Swings (1.5/1 pood) and with whatever time is left, perform
AMRAP Wall Balls, 20#/14#

Rest 30 seconds. Repeat for 3 cycles.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.

An sweet pic of Hira, Shelley, Allison, and Abby. They pick things up and put them down.

edit post

7 Responses to "Friday 120406"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Brutal day. Press felt pretty good, got 154 as a 1RM, and then 5@130 for the max reps.

    40 TTB and 21 WB. Those KB swings were miserable. I'm amazed I did as well as I did.

    Way to suffer, 6am! Always a pleasure wanting to die alongside you all!
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Press 114 as a 1 RM (did 87,97,104 and 114#); felt good

    97x5 for max reps

    29 TTB and 21 WB's. 11,9,9 for T2B and 10,8,3 for WB's. I broke up my last set of swings and on WB's focused on getting into a better squat position (after Joe so kindly pointed out to me that my squat sucked as my feet were much too wide and I needed to not worry about how many reps I got). I admit that is tough for me because I just want to go as hard as I can, but I get it. My focus is on perfecting my movements even if I sacrifice a bit on intensity. I think I'm going to have to repeat that to myself over and over............in the long run it will be worth it.

    My forearms have never felt worse. I really wanted to cry after the last set of swings; they felt that bad.

    Great work 6 a.m.!!! Agree with Paul that this was brutal!!

    Jess, what do you think of my "Dear Diary" entry:)
  5. Addi Says:
  6. I was going to post my results, but by the time I finished reading Shelley's post, I forgot what I did. Kidding. (Kettle, meet Pot.)

    At 7, lots of overhead work.
    8x2 Split Jerk @ 114
    4x3 Push Press @ 131
    5x5 Strict Pullups

    At 9, skipped the press and just did the conditioning. I underestimated this one for sure. Ouch.
    43 toes to bar and 16 wall ball.
    1st round of wall ball, I missed the catch and fell on my ass. Embarassing. 2nd and 3rd rounds, those kb swings lit my forearms up and I had to break up the reps. A lot. So I didn't have much time to get to the wall. Last round, I just barely squeezed in 1 rep. Really disappointing. KB swings and general grip strength are getting added to "The List." Those used to be my strengths.
  7. Addi Says:
  8. I just realized that the runs were the best part of the workout for me today. It's like I don't even know myself anymore. My world is upside-down. I'm only exaggerating a little bit.
  9. Jen Says:
  10. Worked up to 104 for the press and then did 87 for the 2 sets of 5. I ended up with 11 reps on the last set.

    35 T2B and 20 WBs

    My abs and forearms are on fire. FIRE!

    It was a "good" Friday. hahaha!
  11. Paula Says:
  12. 98# on press- 79# for 2sets of 5. I accidentally did 7 reps on second set (duh). Then did 6 sets on the max rep set.

    For runs I ran to the rock and only got 4 T2B on rd 1 then 1,1. KB....holy hell my forearms killed me. Went unbroken 1st round then was able to do 4 WB, 2nd round picked up the WB when time ran out and on the last rd barely finished the 30th rep. That was Brutal!

    Total reps- 6 T2B and 4 WB - SAD!!!

    HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!
  13. Allison H :) Says:
  14. we pick things up and we put them DOWN!!!! :)

Thanks For Visiting!