RSS

Friday 120413

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Weighted Pull ups (sets across)

Find a 1RM within a time limit of 7 minutes. After a 2 minute rest, add the weight lifted to your body-weight and multiply by 83-85%. Remove your body-weight from that number and complete 3x5 on a 2 minute clock.

For example, if I weigh 160lbs. and end up pulling 100lbs., I would take 83-85% of 260 which would be about 216. After I remove my body-weight of 160, I'm left with 56. I would do 3x5 with at least 55lbs.

Conditioning

Partner Workout
Five rounds for time of:
Run 200 meters
15 DB Walking Lunges, 35#/25#
12 Burpees
9 Power Cleans, 115#/77#
Rest (as long as it takes your partner to do a round)

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


If you haven't already seen them on Facebook, I placed a real large order for these shirts. They shouldn't take long to arrive but I'll keep everyone in the know.

I ordered two colors, athletic gray and tri-indigo blue (similar to pic), both with white print and on American Apparel tri-blends.

Like I said, we'll have plenty of sizes and then some so hopefully everyone that wants one (or two), will get one.

edit post

4 Responses to "Friday 120413"

  1. paul Says:
  2. 75# 1RM pullup, then 3x5 with 20#.

    Teamed up with Gina and we each got through 3 full rds of the metcon, plus I got lunges and 9 burpees in rd 4. Tough! Stepped down into my burpees to save my shoulder, but that didn't make things much easier. I was still pretty dead by the end of each round.
  3. Jen Says:
  4. 40# 1Rm pullup and then 3x5 with 5#

    Teamed up with Garrett and we made it through 4 rnds.

    Have a great weekend all!
  5. Blair Tice Says:
  6. Negatives for 1RM and tan band for 3x5

    Partnered with Lauren F. for the conditioning and completed 3 rounds.

    Happy Friday!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. 35# 1 RM pullup then 3x5 with 5#

    Teamed up with Matt for conditioning and got through almost 3 rounds (Matt was on cleans at cutoff time). I love partner/team WODS!! Great job Matt! I hadn't met Matt officially before tonight's workout, but I love his never quit attitude. That is a true Crossfitter IMO.

Thanks For Visiting!