RSS

Tuesday 120313

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Rope Climbs

You have 3 minutes to climb the rope as many times as possible. Get your chin above the rafter and then climb yourself down all the way to your feet. You may not jump or fall off at any point or the rep does not count. Scale as needed.

Conditioning

Two rounds for distance and reps of:
Row, 3 minutes
DB Thruster, 1 minute

Guys use 1.5 pood kettlebells whereas ladies use 50# dumbbells. This workout will be scored both by total meters rowed and max reps on the db thruster. Guys using kettlebells must show lockout and complete support for each rep to count.

Post total rope climbs, row distance, and thruster reps to comments/Logwod.


A very determined Andrew Jenzer does what he sets out to with 12.3.

I'm proud of this guy. He has limited mobility that keeps him from hitting the numbers he'd like to but I see him address his mobility everyday. He's dedicated to making positioning easier for himself. It's good to know you Jenzer.

edit post

8 Responses to "Tuesday 120313"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Also, Jenzer is one bad-ass FGB judge.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. 6 rope climbs; these felt pretty good. It does make a difference though in not being able to jump up the first few feet of the rope.

    1420 meters rowed; 20 DB thrusters Rx'd. I felt pretty good until last set of thrusters; those were rough.

    Great job 5 a.m.!
  5. paul Says:
  6. I hate missing any crossfit, but I think the rest will do me more good than another workout right now.
  7. Jen Says:
  8. 8 rope climbs. These felt good.

    1390ish on the rower. It cleared before I got a chance to look back.

    20 thrusters with 40#. I should have gone with 45#.
  9. Mark Says:
  10. 5 rope climbs. These did not go well for me, perhaps I should work on them more.

    1511 meters on the row and 23 total thrusters with 2 1.5 pood kettlebells. This WOD was deceivingly tough.
  11. jakeH Says:
  12. 6 or 7 rope climbs. Can't remember the actual number, I was busy screwing around.

    1747m on the rower (damper setting 4) and 26 thrusters Rx'd. Rick wanted Pat Mohs and I to set the damper low to even things out. Coming off the rower and going right into thrusters was hell. Felt a little ill afterward.
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Home sick today and tomorrow. Not that I could do any of these movements anyways with my broke-ass triceps. :) They're finally starting to come around, though, so hopefully I'll be able to get back in the swing of things by Thursday.
  15. Stacie Says:
  16. 8 climbs, 1410 row, 13 thrusters at 50# (weak)

Thanks For Visiting!