RSS

Wednesday 120215

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Mobility

Hip Capsule, Hamstrings, Ankles

Skill/Strength

 Pistols (barefoot) 10-10-10-10-10 reps

This is 5 each leg, alternating. If the heel comes up (even slightly), the rep does not count. Scale by holding something out in front, putting plates underneath your heels, using a band, etc. Do these on a 3 min clock.

Conditioning

On a 4 minute clock, complete 1 round as fast as possible:
10 Dead-lifts, 275#/197#
15 Box Jump Overs, 24"/20"
20 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5/1 pood

Whatever time is left, rest. Repeat 5 cycles. Ideally, a round shouldn't take you more than 90 seconds. Box jump overs may only happen facing the box. Don't let the dead-lift bounce get out of hand.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


How about a 10 minute challenge. Make a mistake and you're out. (Can you learn something from watching? Look at the wrists, where the arms are at all times, leg extension, how high off the ground each time, posture, etc.)

edit post

5 Responses to "Wednesday 120215"

  1. Kylie Says:
  2. 10 minutes of straight double unders!?!??! That's insane! She is my hero!
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Did pistols with heel on 2.5# plate and holding a 5# plate in front. I'm one of those that when doing pistols unassisted, my heel comes up. Doing them the above way allowed me to keep heels flat.

    Metcon: Tough...and I like these movements.

    Rx'd with each round taking me between 90 and 94 seconds.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!
  5. paul Says:
  6. Quite a little toughy.

    Used 225# for DL (50%), and scaled the last 3 rds to 15 swings. I was really gasping by the end of the last round!

    As for pistols, got a few with a 20# DB (needed more counterbalance without the WL shoes). But after a while it was all negatives and mobility work.

    Nice work, 6am!
  7. Jen Says:
  8. Pistols were good. Tried to focus on going slow and super low. I did 5 each leg and then worked on mobility.

    Metcon- used 154# for DL and then on the 4th & 5th rnd did 12 jump overs. Tried to do the swings as fast as possible. A bit tough.

    I was able to stay around 90ish sec for each rnd.
  9. BC Says:
  10. Oh yeah, so that's what it feels like to workout. Now it's coming back to me.

    Seriously, between work, the baby and lack of sleep today was only my 2nd day at the gym in almost 2 weeks, and I could absolutely feel it - more than anything I just felt incredibly stiff and inflexible, and I was really struggling with the pistols which I can usually do fairly well. It wasn't until the last round that they actually felt right and I could get up and down fairly smoothly. Lesson learned I guess.

    As for the conditioning I used 176# for DL (roughly 57%), the 24" box and 1.5 pood KB, but I scaled the reps to 8, 12, 16 so I could keep my intensity high. Finished everyone round except the last one in just under :90, round 5 took about :10 longer.

    Nice work 530 crew!

Thanks For Visiting!