RSS

Monday 120220

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1 reps

Warm up using sets of triples and doubles before moving on to your work sets. Jump in weight each time,  stay light and work technique, or somewhere in between. The choice is yours. Complete these on a 3 minute clock.

Conditioning

Three rounds for time of:
25 Chest 2 Bar Pull ups
25 Overhead Squats, 110#/77#

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


I posted this on our Facebook page but wanted to post it here too. It is a very strong message Chipotle is sending. We, as humans, are caught up on how we're going to lose that next pound but in reality, it's quite simple. Change the food supply.

edit post

12 Responses to "Monday 120220"

  1. Hilg Says:
  2. Back to the Start has a special place in my heart as I grew up next to the pigs and cattle and the confinement operation 2 miles away was a real bitch with a NW wind!! :-)

    So.....is Chipolte serving only grassed beef and pork?

    120# on the last 3 rounds of Snatch and got better. Finished my OHS after the bell so 13:25 on the Metcon. Struggled with the CTB and I even scaled to 15/RND.

    Great Job 6am!
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. 68,77,82,87,87. I stuck with 87# for last set because on 4th set, I had to regroup using 87#. Wrist is getting better as it didn't bother me on these. OHS were a different story though.

    Metcon: how many ways can you possibly scale?

    11:09 using 20 reps first round/started with 77#, dropped to 63#. Did CTB and started with 2 sets of 5 and then dropped to 2/3 at a time. I've never done sets of 5 in a wod, and I think it hurt me later on, but I'm trying to figure out how many and how fast can I do these. Used mostly overhand grip throughout all rounds.
    2nd and 3rd rounds I did 53# for OHS and 15 reps for both OHS and CTB. I was doing a lot of singles on CTB.

    Stuck around after for more mobility work and regular pullups. I did 3 sets of 7 in :58, rested one minute, then did 2 sets of 6 and broke up last set of 6 after 4. This took me 1:22. I'm trying to get a feel for where my limits are on stringing these together. Usually I don't do more than 5 in a row in a wod.
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Regarding the Chipotle video, I think the reality is that most people don't care enough where their food comes from. They focus on price and taste. Unfortunately for many, price has to be a consideration and when you can go to the store and buy a loaf of bread for .99, cheap bologna and call it good, many do that. For many where price is not the issue, they go for taste, and most people's tastebuds have them "trained" to like sweet/fatty/processed foods. I think most people have knowledge or common sense to know what's healthier/better for them, but they still eat what they want, and don't care about the consequences. Fast food places aren't going out of business anytime soon, and fresh fruits/veggies are still perceived as "expensive". Meat is perceived the same way with cheap cuts/fillers being first choice for many. Maybe I sound a bit judgemental, but I think most people don't care/are too lazy. Easy/cheap seems to win out more often. If price were not the issue, I think most people would still choose foods based on their tastebuds and not their health. I'm guilty of it sometimes too, but an occasional indulgence is different than a mainstay diet of junk. After all, we live in a society where you can "fix" the problem later right? Bypass, pills to treat ailments, etc. are the norm.

    A good look at humane treatment of livestock and a good movie in general is Temple Grandin. I watched it last night, and it's about an autistic scientist who studies the treatment of livestock. It all comes down to money.
  7. Jen Says:
  8. Not going to be able to make it to the gym a whole lot this week, so I will be hitting the home gym.

    3 rnds- didn't time it
    25 front squats 77#
    25 ring Pull ups
  9. jakeH Says:
  10. Worked with Jon D and Kyle today on the snatch. I promised I was going to hook-grip the whole time. It worked out great. 110, 132, 154, 164, 174. I definitely had more in the tank, but had to save something for the conditioning.

    Conditioning: 11:05 Rx'd All sets of C2B broken up. 1st set of OHS unbroken, last 2 sets of 16 and 9. I'm really happy about not tearing today.

    Nice big noon class with some new faces. Fun times.
  11. BigD Says:
  12. Worked with Danny and Doug on snatch this AM. Was successful on the first 3 rounds. Missed 132. Regrouped and got it on the last set.
    DNF'd on the metcon. Was 11 OHS short when time was called.
    Scaled to 20 on each move and scaled OHS to 88.
    Time for some Chipolte....
  13. paul Says:
  14. worked up to 157 successfully, and it felt good. Failed at 162 (so close) and 176 (not close, but definitely pulled it high enough).

    scaled reps on the metcon to 15s and finished in 9:17.

    Great working out with the 4:30 group, as always!
  15. Paula Says:
  16. Snatches- 58,63,68, then went back to 63# for last 2.

    Metcon-8:58- scaled to kipping pullups- 8 for 1st rd, 7 for 2nd and 6 for the 3rd per Jon since I can only do 1-2 at a time. Thanks Jon. OHS with 53# for 15 reps. Broke them up 10, 5 for first rd then 8,7 for 2nd and by 5's on 3rd. These surprising felt pretty good.

    Awesome job 4:30!!!
  17. Addi Says:
  18. 89-94-99-104-104
    Worked on pulling under the bar and making contact. As usual. Thanks for the cues, JonDay! Helpful as always. And thanks for helping make it a pants party, Libby!


    11:30

    53# OHS, 25-20-15 on the pullups. Kept the OHS light - still building that shoulder back up. Felt like the perfect weight - was able to maintain larger sets than I have in a long time. I'm just hoping OHS don't come up until later in the Open so I can keep getting it stronger. Tried to keep the pullup sets big and take plenty of rest. Worked pretty well for most of rds 1 and 2. C2B always die off fast for me, so even though it was slow today, it was better than usual.
  19. jakeH Says:
  20. I just saw Danny P's athlete profile picture. Wow. I think he should bring that haircut back.
  21. Danny Says:
  22. Thanks Jake, I knew somebody would appreciate it!
  23. Kristina Nash Says:
  24. This one looked tough. Have to say, I enjoyed my strength class deadlifts over the pull-up/OHS metcon. Ouch. I'm with ya Addi, I hope the OHS does not make an appearance in the open. My shoulder slips out of socket just thinking about it.

    Loved the Chipotle video. Good stuff Shelley, you are so right...people just don't care. If only they invested in their health now to save money later (both their money and our money as health care costs continue to rise).

Thanks For Visiting!