RSS

Friday 120217

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Wall Walk + 1-3 HSPU 3-3-3-3 reps (3 minute clock)

Start and finish with chest on ground. On the way down, you must walk back to the starting position (no falling down). A full set would consist of walking up, performing 1-3 handstand push ups, walking down, walking up, 1-3 hspu, walking down, walking up, 1-3 hspu, walking down, rest. If you do not have hspu,  hold for 5-25 seconds, each time you go up.

Conditioning

Five rounds for reps of:
Wall Balls, 30 seconds
Rest 30 seconds
In 30 seconds, 5 Box Jumps + Max Reps Burpees
Rest 30 seconds
35#/20# DB Weighted Pull ups, 30 seconds
Rest 30 seconds
Double Unders, 30 seconds
Rest 30 seconds

For box jumps, you must step down and your burpee jumps must be at least half a foot off the ground (the lowest part of your foot must be higher than about the height of a red bumper). For pull ups, a DB between the ANKLES is the only accepted method.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


A three mob cycle for internal rotation. What a better way to start today's workout than by flossing the rotator cuff? Get after it.

edit post

7 Responses to "Friday 120217"

  1. Paula Says:
  2. This has been brutal week. My body is hurting. I made up tuesday's wod at 6:30 last night and then saw todays....uggg! 2 WOD's in 10hrs. My shoulders were still recovering from last night. I couldn't together more than 3-4 DU's. Just one for those days. I don't know how you guys do 2 or 3 a days. I completed 59 WB, 16 Burpees, 17 Kipping PU's, and only 68 DU's for a total of 160 reps.

    Small but mighty 5am class! Good job gentlemen!!!

    OK...CFO peeps. Only a few more days to sign up for the Open! Like Addi said...we are going to have to start calling out some names. I know I've heard a few say they "should" or they "will think about it". You know who you are! JUST DO IT!!! You won't regret it!
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Skill work:

    Did wall climbs but couldn't get any HSPU's this way so ended up holding handstand position then walking back down to floor

    337 reps Rx'd; consistent each round and DU's were good today; messed up once in rounds 2 and 3

    Wall balls were 16-17 each round
    Burpees were 5 first round and 6 each rounds 2-5
    Weighted pullups were done in sets of 2 and one set of 3(kipping) for a total of 20. (first set was only 3as the DB fell off my feet on way up on 4th rep) DU's were between 35-46 each round.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!!
  5. Jen Says:
  6. skill- did 1 hspu each set. Tried 2, but quickly went back to 1. My entire upper body is dead.

    390 Rx'd. tried to get the same reps each set.

    WB- 15 each rnd
    Burpees- 7-8 each rnd
    PUs with 20#- 3 reps. I had to set the DB down between each rep. Need to work on these.
    DUs- 52-53 each rnd unbroken. :)

    Need rest day!
  7. paul Says:
  8. looks like a missed a good day, but i did torture myself a little at my hotel gym:

    3x
    3rds
    3 CTB pullups
    6 DB power snatches (50#)
    9 hand-release burpees
    rest

    even with "full" recovery between cycles, this thing was pretty tough. I always think I'm taking it easy on myself and then once i get going these suckers turn out to be hard!
  9. jakeH Says:
  10. Wall walks went good. First 2 rounds did 3 HSPU for each wall walk, last 2 rounds did 3,2,1 for each wall walk for 30 reps total.

    The conditioning was fun. 448 total Rx'd. WB's averaged 16. I limited the burpees to 8-9 each round. Keeping that dumbell between the ankles was a skill in itself. Averaged 6 PUs per round and DUs were great except for 2nd and 4th round when I messed up and it cost me a few reps.

    Good times at noon today.
  11. BigD Says:
  12. Wallwalks kicked my ass! Got a few HSPU at the beginning but that didn't last long. Ended up being about 10-15 sec holds each.
    Metcon could have gone better. 220. Pullups w/35# db sucked! Then DUs were nonexistent. More sleep and better eating for next week.
    Come on CFO peeps! Get registered for the Open!
  13. Addi Says:
  14. If you're still on the fence about the Open, watch this video. http://pd.crossfit.com/games/video/G2012_OpenPromo_MattRamsey.wmv
    What's your excuse, again?

    After yesterday's HSPU, DL, and burpees, my shoulders and back were fried. Wall-facing HSPU are tough for me anyways, so no go on those today. HS holds at the top. Wall walks kicked my ass today. Good stuff.

    I forgot my total number, but wall balls were 15 a round, burpees were 6 #1-4, 7 #5, 20# pullups were 7-7-7-8-8, and DUs were between 42 and 48.

    This didn't start to suck until round 5. I felt great until then, and then all of a sudden felt like I got hit by a truck. Must have been that extra burpee. :)

Thanks For Visiting!