RSS

Wednesday 120104

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Dead-lift 1x5

Warm-up using, at the minimum, x5/x5/x3/x2 but feel free to use a couple of extra warm-up sets if needed. Compare to 110802.

Conditioning

Five rounds for time of:
15 Chest 2 Bar Pull ups
15 Box Jumps, 24 inch box
15 Sit ups

For sit ups, you must use dumbbells to anchor your feet and for a rep to count, you must touch both hands to the floor on the farside of the db's.

Both butterfly pull ups and step ups are not allowed.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


A great pic of Andy working his overhead squat with PVC during the warm-up.

edit post

12 Responses to "Wednesday 120104"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 307# 1x5 DL and I used one extra warmup set to get there.

    Metcon:

    Quitter. I got through 4 rounds Rx'd at 13:10, last round of CTB I missed more than I was getting and finally at 6 CTB and 16 minutes in, I quit. Walked off and had a little mini-meltdown..... I promise I will never quit on a workout again. I've never done that before(many DNF's but that's not the same)

    Great job 5 a.m.!!
  3. paul Says:
  4. Don't be too hard on yourself, Shelley! If you were in the habit of being lazy, that'd be one thing. But your track record speaks for itself.

    Wasn't sure how DL was going to feel, so I was very happy to get 394# with solid form (4th rep was a little dodgy, but otherwise pretty good). Always good to work with Hilg!

    12:03 rx'ed for the metcon. Always happy to get through 75 CTB pullups without tearing!
  5. Hilg Says:
  6. Shelley, doesn't hurt to use frustration as motivation just make sure to tell yourself that the performance does not define you, the reaction to it does. You always come back and kill it!

    Back at ya Paul.....thanks for pushing me. Today felt good. 389# and held good form for DL.

    12:16 on the Metcon and I tried to scale to 10 CTB pull-ups but the last 3 rounds of those fell to pull-up status. Did the rest at 15 reps ea.

    Nice big class at 6am.......awesome support from the crew!

    B
  7. Natalie Says:
  8. A was having a little problem with too much skin on my hands, good thing this WOD came up and ripped it right off. Thanks CFO. Metcon 12:40 scaled this one like crazy. Baby #3 due in June......I blame the kid for my poor performance. ;-)
  9. paul Says:
  10. love that comments, Natalie!

    I ate breakfast less than 3 hours ago and I've already got hunger pangs. This has to be a record.
  11. BigD Says:
  12. Knocked out DLs on base this morning. 385 for 5. Much better than last Aug when I crapped out on 384 at just 3 reps. Actually felt like I could have gone for more.
    Ran out of time so going to have to make this metcon up.
    You'll kill this one next time Shelley!
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. Congrats Natalie!
  15. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  16. Power Clean + Push Jerk - 1RM (5-6 Sets Only) Then Did 2 Exra Sets At A Lower Weight
    - PR Is 246.5 Lately
    * 154, 185, 208, 229, 239, 249 (PR)
    Then... 239, 229
    Power Snatch + Full Snatch (Unbroken)
    110, 135, 155, 165, 175

    60 Single Unders (Change Of Pace)
    10 Burpees
    * 10 RDS *
    Paced Too Much... Should Have Gone Faster... 8:04

    Then 10 15' Rope Climbs For The Fun Of It :)
  17. Kristina Nash Says:
  18. Great workout today! August 2 I failed on rep 4 at 203#, today I did 5 reps at 203#! Yeah!

    Shelley, you are a rock star! Don't be too hard on yourself. Just get after it next time!

    13:11 on the metcon. I scaled to 10 kipping pull-ups and 12 reps of everything else. I did all kipping no jumping which is a first for me. It was hard, but if it were easy no one would show up, right? Getting stronger everyday!

    Congratulations Natalie!! I love baby bumps!
  19. BigD Says:
  20. Almost forgot.
    Congrats Natalie!
  21. Stacie Says:
  22. Congrats Natalie!!

    11:58 rxd
  23. Jen Allison Says:
  24. Congrats, Natalie!!!

    11:56, scaled to 10 pull ups, got about 6 good C2B each time...which is 3 more than I usually do. 15 everything else.

Thanks For Visiting!