RSS

Monday 111212

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

A. Bridge Up Hold

Hold bridge up for 30 seconds for three sets with 1 minute rest between sets. View video below for demo.

B. Power Snatch 2-2-2-2-2 reps

Every three minutes, perform 2 power snatches, increasing in weight each time, for 5 sets.

C. Chest 2 Bar Pull ups

You have a number of options here but the goal is sets across and unbroken. Choose from 5x3, 4x5, 4x8, 4x10, 4x12, 4x15, 4x20, 4x25, or any number for 4 sets. Whatever you choose, try and get that same number for all three sets. If you do not have chest 2 bar, then pick a set/rep scheme for regular pull ups. These too are to be done on a 3 minute clock.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.



edit post

10 Responses to "Monday 111212"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Did this one on base this morning.
    Bridge ups were ugly, but I got my head off the ground each time.
    Went 105/115/135/155 successfully on power snatches. Failed at 165.
    Then went 4 sets of 10 on C2B pullups.
  3. Kristina Nash Says:
  4. I wasn't sure how my shoulder was going to hold up, so I got to the gym early to give it a good warm up.

    The bridges went smoothly, I thought I might pass out during the first one so took a quick break. The last two went smoothly.

    snatch: 73/77/77/82/85 (the first 85 went well, the second one I hesitated a bit, but succeeded on the third attempt). Thanks for the great coaching Jon! I do love the consistent improvements all the coaches help me achieve! Small tweaks lead to PRs.

    C2B pullups were more like neck to bar. This is the first time I've done kippings since my Oct 15 injury. I was happy to string together 3 and keep them solid through the 4 sets.

    Fun group at 9 am!
  5. Jen Says:
  6. Bridges look more like sidewalks. This is crazy since I used to be able to fold in half. Mobility anyone?!

    Bad snatch day, BAD. Only went up to 98 and it was ugly.

    Did sets of 5 C2B PUs. I should have gone for 7.
  7. Paula Says:
  8. I don't remember the last time I did a bridge. It's been at least 30 years, so I had know idea how this would go. But surprisingly I was able all three for the full 30 sec.

    Power snatch-worked up the 73#. Did this same weight in April, but not doing them since then and with the time I took off I'm pretty happy with it.

    Pull-ups- I got my first kipping pull-up!! I've been so close for a while and finally got it. I did sets of 3....not all were legit, but got a few in. I honestly didn't realize I got my chin over the bar until Jon told me afterwards. It made my day!!!! I now have 2 PR's the past 2 weeks....15 consecutive DU's where the most I ever got was 7 or 8 and now pull-ups.
    Maybe it's the clean eating with the challenge the past 5 weeks??? Coincidence...who knows!?!
  9. paul Says:
  10. Needed help to get my arms locked out with feet on the box.

    Pwr snatch: 159x2 (PR).
    CTB PU: 4x12

    Steve--I really like your goals on the goal board.
  11. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  12. Power Clean Test - 246.5 (2# PR.. :$)
    Front Squat (5/3/1)
    205X5, 230X3, 261X2 (Not Feeling It)

    Ring HSPU's - 9 Total
    * All Singles

    30 Sec Hollow Rock
    20 Kipping Pull Ups
    10 Weighted Push Ups (33#)
    * 5 Rounds *
    * 9:00 *
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. Was able to bridge with my arms mostly straight but had a hard time holding it.....pulled up short on a couple rounds.

    Finished with 142 on last set of Snatchs....a PR
    CTB PU 4X5 (should have tried for more....did 8 on my last round)

    Great Noon Crew today!
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. 3 x 30 sec Bridge

    2 x 176 Power Snatch

    4 x 12 C2B Pull Ups

    After warming up for 5:30 class I hung my jump rope on the hook my clothes were on in the men's locker room. After class my jump rope was gone. If someone grabbed it to warm up and forgot to put it back I would appreciate if it was returned to me. Thanks
  17. hannah eileen Says:
  18. good job on the pullups, Paula!

    30 second holds got a little shaky. Turns out, I'm just weak. Got 87# on the snatch and failed at 92. I have such a mental block with that stupid lift. However, I'm pretty sure my 1rm is 92, so that's not too shabby.

    Did 3 sets of 8 pullups and 1 of 7. Since I can do 1 c2b, I did kipping.

    Great job, 5:30! It's always fun to have a larger group on skill days.
  19. Shelley Says:
  20. Did 3x5 OHS at 109,121,131.

    4x5 CTB unbroken

    metcon: 10/8/6/4/2 of ring dips/30" box jumps finished between 5-6 minutes

Thanks For Visiting!