RSS

Monday 111107

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Power Clean - After instruction from the coach leading the class, you are allowed (from an empty bar) no more than six increases in weight. You may also only complete 2-4 reps per set in any of those six weight increases (no 1RM). Max time limit: 18 minutes.

Conditioning

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps each of:
DB Hang Squat Cleans, 50#/35#
Kipping Handstand Push ups

Prescribed handstand push up are only to be performed using a kip. If scaling, use any of the methods performed during last week's skill session. The DB handle must pass below the knee joint prior to any squat clean rep.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


A huge congratulations to Scott and Jen (Feyerherm) Wehner on their recent marriage. God Bless.

edit post

16 Responses to "Monday 111107"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 153# x2 on power clean.

    I worked with Gina and we did 2-2-2-2-2. I did 99,114,126,141, and 153.

    Gina did awesome (131#) when she thought she wouldn't get past 121#.

    This is probably the best that heavier cleans have been for me in that I didn't let my feet get out wide when catching the clean, and it didn't feel heavy.

    Metcon:
    4 rounds plus 5 hang squat cleans Rx'd. I did sets of 3 and 2 on HSPU's until round of 7 when they were all singles.

    Great job 6 a.m.!
  3. BC Says:
  4. Power cleans = 5x4 @ 74.5 kg

    Metcon = 8 rounds @ 40# DB & knees HSPU.

    Nice work 6am.
  5. paul Says:
  6. everything is harder with dumbells!

    did 5 sets of 3 PCs: 198, 198, 198, 203, 208.

    10-9-8-7 on the metcon. I wrote rx'ed on the board, but it wasn't. I used 50# DBs and did HSPU with my feet on a box. Tough. Inadequate range of motion. Will do better next time.
  7. Paula Says:
  8. 99#x4 on PC-could have gone heavier, but havn't done them in a while so wasn't sure where I'd be. They felt pretty good.

    7rds (10.....4)with 20#DB and used feet on box thru round 5 then went to knees. Fun one!

    Great work 5am!
  9. Jen Allison Says:
  10. 124# x 3 on power clean. My left wrist wasn't cooperating, and as the weight got heavier my elbows got slower and I started to jump foward. This weight felt heavy, and a good weight to work with.

    Made it through 7 DB squat cleans and 1 HSPU. Did the first 10 HSPU rx'd, then split them on the box. Should have scaled smarter!

    Great job, 6am!
  11. Jen Allison Says:
  12. Oh,and congrats Jen!!
  13. Jeremy Says:
  14. 180# x2 Power Clean

    Made it through 3 reps on the set of 8 for the Kipping HSPU's. I scaled on the DB Hang Squat Cleans to 40#. The HSPU's took a lot of time still working on my balance.
  15. BigD Says:
  16. Thanks to a snafu on the work schedule, got to work out with the 9AM class today.
    Did 5 sets of 2 with PC. Went 174/198/208/218/223. Form on the last one wasn't the greatest, but was a 3# jump over my 1RM, so I'll take it but will keep working the landing better. Thanks for keeping me honest Amanda!
    Got through 6 rounds of the metcon using 50# db for the hang squat cleans and went off my toes on the box as there was no kip in my HSPUs today.
  17. Sherv Says:
  18. Did 3 sets of 3 Power Cleans after the warmup. Ended with 208 on the bar. Felt good in general, but my wrists were really tight for some reason.

    Got through the round of 6 reps on the METCON. Scaled to 45# DBs and toes on the box for HSPU. Used to think I was too strong to use the box for HSPU, but those really aren't easy.

    2 meals into the nutrition challenge. Excited to see how this works. All I know is that I need to do something different from what I have been. Maybe this will do the trick.

    Corey
  19. Crystal Says:
  20. 121# 5x2 Power clean. still need technique work on these. i did 99-109-109-114-121.

    got thru 7 KHSPU's on round of 9. used 25# DB's. burned out fast on hand stands and ultimately should have just scaled to a box. lesson learned.

    great job 9am!
  21. JonD Says:
  22. Nice big classes today people I love it!

    On a more important note:

    Movember is getting bigger and bigger as we speak. We are having numerous clients walking in the door with some great looking staches and well I applaud you! Its a mature classy look and anyone can pull it off.

    Josh Z, Dane L, Dustin T, Danny P, Garret P (I think I saw one on him today), Bob S, and Angie H (our solo Mo sista so far). If I missed anyone I apologize please correct me if I did. Get involved and what a better way to have an excuse to grow a mustache!

    We will be throwing a party at the end of the month, you still have time to promote men's health!
  23. jakeH Says:
  24. Noon class was super fun today. Must have been 20+ people there and all in good moods for a monday.

    Worked with Joe H (firefighter) on the power cleans and hit 240x2. Very happy with this as I believe that my previous 1rm was 231.

    Met con was rough, but I was excited to see kipping HSPU. I got to the last rep of 2 HSPUs when time ran out, so 107 reps. Nice start to the week.
  25. Danny Says:
  26. 5x2 on PC's, hitting 230# on the last set.

    83 reps on the metcon. HSPU's felt pretty good but I really struggled with the dumbell cleans.

    Remember mo bros; grow it, nurture it, respect it!
  27. Jennifer (Feyeherm) Wehner Says:
  28. Thanks gang! So sweet to get a shout out on the blog!

    We just got back from Mexico and have been tying up some loose ends. Back to the work grind tomorrow and i look forward to seeing everyone at the gym:)

    JFey...or should i say JWeh now :)
  29. hannah eileen Says:
  30. I tried posting a few times last night but it wouldn't let me, so here goes:

    110 x3 for cleans. My goal was yellows, so I can't be upset. However, I'd like to think I should have gotten more weight.

    Got through all the 6's and through 5 DB cleans with 20# and scaled HSPU to a box. I really want to get a HSPU by our honeymoon on 1/2/12. I suppose struggling through a wod with them is the best way to get there...

    Had a blast in class last night.
  31. Laura Says:
  32. 121x2 for cleans...Pretty sure this is a PR for me. I don't think I have ever power cleaned with blue bumpers. Felt good!

    Scaled HSPU to Box w/ knees and 25#DB's for hang cleans. Made it to 5 hang cleans for the round of 7.

Thanks For Visiting!