RSS

Thursday 111013

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Either is okay as long as there is no complaint at the outcome or outward blame because of the outcome. (pic courtesy of Shelley Buchholz's Facebook page)

edit post

7 Responses to "Thursday 111013"

  1. Ricky Frausto Says:
  2. Thanks for all the feed back on the questions answered yesterday guys. There's a lot that goes into my mind when programming. I don't even write a lot of it in advance because things change. I have a photographic memory when it comes to what we've done, what we need to do, and where we need to be.

    All of you. I have to put all of your needs into a bowl and create programming that meets all of it. Of course it is quite impossible to get it done in 8 weeks but give me a few years and with the right attitude coming from you (the trainee), I can make you a bad-ass. What is the right attitude? Well, for that matter, what is a bad-ass? A bad-ass is what you perceive to be a bad-ass. There is no wrong bad-ass but there is a wrong attitude. You can't get what you want being timid, scared, influenced, or even something as simple as thinking you need to look a certain way for a population to accept you.

    Bring the right attitude, an inner motivation to push your limits whenever possible, listen to your body and recover both with rest and activity, push others knowing you were once there (this is important), and follow the programming. You will need to do some things on your own too but 90% of it you can get from the programming and the coaching of Jon, Amanda, Joe, and myself.

    Classes were small this week but it could have been a number of reasons as some of you have previously stated. I guess we'll see on Friday.

    You guys inspire me to be the best I can be. Don't ever lose that. Achieve the impossible.....
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Did AMRAP in 20 minutes:

    5 pullups
    10 HSPU's
    15 pistols (alternating leg)

    3 rounds plus 5 pullups, 2 HSPU's.

    I wore my weightlifting shoes so I could do pistols without my heels coming up. Right leg is so much better for me than my left leg.

    Pullups unbroken (as they should be with only 5 in a round)and HSPU's were doubles or singles.

    Enjoyed working out with you Addi. Your butterfly pullups looked amazing!!
  5. Jeremy Says:
  6. I did last Saturday's workout the enterprise run. Did it in 12:57 overall I felt pretty good today.
  7. Danny Says:
  8. Made up Monday's DL WOD today.

    396-308-406-242-418-198

    Surprisingly the set of 10 felt the worst for me. My form needs a lot of work but it is improving. My legs are feeling destroyed right now!
  9. JonD Says:
  10. Remember everyone we have Yoga today at noon. So please come and enjoy the class. If you get free from lunch today stop on by it will be worth it.
  11. Addi Says:
  12. 20 min AMRAP with Shelley

    Butterfly pullups throughout - the best these have felt. Still not as fast as they should be, but they were smooth and continuous. Which is good, because everything else was WEAK. :)

    Scaled to rolling pistols - front squats wore me out and not everyone can have super-human quads like Shelley. (not that that's going to stop me from trying...)

    Yoga at noon - it felt amazing. Just what I needed. I could have used another hour at least. My hips and hamstrings were a little slow to wake up, probably a byproduct of my 3 hour nap between 6 am and noon classes. Haha. Left feeling much looser and more awake.
  13. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  14. Had to rep scheme from this past week that much harder by doing thrusters instead of push press... Ha, fun fun

    1-10-1-20-1-30
    219, 185X7, 225, 155X17, 231 (Miss), 110X30... 20 & 30 Were Rough..

    3 Rds For Quality
    5 Muscle Ups (False W/ Turnout)
    10 L Pull Ups
    20 Weighted Hip Ext On GHD (33-55#)

Thanks For Visiting!