RSS

Monday 111017

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Kettlebell Complex
AMRAP in 5 minutes of:
5 Kettlebell Swings (eye level)
5 Kettlebell Cleans
5 Kettlebell Shoulder to Overhead
5 Kettlebell Snatches
5 Kettlebell Windmills

Rest 2 minutes. Repeat for 3 cycles. Use 1.5/1 pood for the workout.

Start with the left arm and get through the complete cycle before alternating to the right arm.

Post total reps completed to comments/Logwod.


A great instructional video on the kettlebell snatch. If you don't like the bell bruising your forearm, I suggest you watch this video more than once.

edit post

6 Responses to "Monday 111017"

  1. Eric C Says:
  2. This is a nice KB wod. If I had to do it again, I would wear some gloves tho! My hands were shredded by the 3rd round so I had to back it down quite a bit. If you have back problems, be careful with the windmills. It really works the quadratus lumborum muscle on the sides of the lower back. It's a great exercise if your back is healthy.

    4,3 1/2, 2 rounds respectively. Rx'd
  3. tina Says:
  4. struggled with this WOD, but it worked everything. had to scale left side windmills due to pulled hamstring (no weight). 1 round, 0 round (partial), 1 round. Both my forearms are pretty badly swollen and will bruise -- darn my poor techinique!
  5. paul Says:
  6. that was tough, but i was really happy to be able to do it rx'ed. never tried windmills or KB snatches with 1.5 pd before, so i was actually not expecting to be able to do them.

    6 rds and change. pretty beat up from that, too.
  7. Addi Says:
  8. Did this one at work this morning.

    5 + 5 cleans, 5, 5 + 3 swings

    2nd and 3rd cycles, I rested between S2OH and snatches - forearms were burning! Even though I was switching hands, I just couldn't focus until I shook it out.

    Thanks to this workout and Eric's comment, I now know exactly where my right quadratus lumborum is. It's been talking a little to me all afternoon. Going to be spending some quality time with the foam roller and lacross ball tonight.
  9. ZachR Says:
  10. Played it safe and went with the 1 pd tonight. Couldn't quite get 5 rounds in a cycle. Although kept all the movements very solid.
  11. Shelley Says:
  12. Did WOD at the Y since I'm out of town for work through Wednesday.

    This is a modified version of a WOD that Kat is doing.

    3 rounds:

    1 mile run immediately followed by 25 KB swings

    Rest 4 minutes between each round

    Finished 37:40 (includes rest time)

    I used a 50# DB for swings since no KB access.

    My mile times ranged from just over 7:30, 8:20 and 8:10. I ran these on their indoor track. I did rest approx. 20-30 secs before doing each round of swings to catch my breath.

Thanks For Visiting!