RSS

Tuesday 110906

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For time:
20 Overhead Squats, 164#/114#
20 Kettlebell Swings, 2/1.5 pood
40 Box Jumps, 24 inch box
40 Chest 2 Bar Pull ups
60 Wall Balls, 20#/14#
60 Hand Release Burpees

Post time to comments/Logwod.

You guys know Jen Grass? She's been hitting her workouts really hard lately. She's been lifting heavier and heavier weights and working tirelessly on her gymnastic movements. It's only a matter of time before she gets pull ups. If you're looking to improve your game, follow in her footsteps. Keep up the incredible work Jen.

edit post

27 Responses to "Tuesday 110906"

  1. Ricky Frausto Says:
  2. For the overhead squats you may only scale to 110/77 unless you are in your first month of being a part of the gym. Any need of scaling below 110/77 will occur by dropping rep scheme to 15 or 10 reps.

    Overhead squat scaling:
    154#/99#
    132#/93#
    120#/87#
    110#/77#
    15 reps at 110#/77#
    10 reps at 110#/77#

    Scale kettlebell swings, pull ups, box jumps, and wall balls as needed.
  3. Hilg Says:
  4. Way to go Jen!

    I'm headed out for the annual Elk hunt in CO this week so see you all the week of the 19th!

    B
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. Awesome work Jen!!
  7. BigD Says:
  8. Plus, Jen is a kick-ass golfer! She was a big plus on our team during the golf outing.

    Hit Black Hills CrossFit on the way back home Monday.
    Did 4 rounds of...
    20 wallbals (20)
    15 KB swings (1.5 pd)
    10 Power cleans (155)
    250 m row
    26:12.
    Bad eating all weekend up in SD killed me (but found the world's best shit-on-a-shingle at the Tatanka Diner/Lodge by Custer State Park). Will be back Wednesday though!
  9. paul Says:
  10. I got to witness some of Jenn's hard work on Saturday. Attagirl, Jenn!

    Had to scale like crazy today:
    20 back squats (176)
    20 swings (2pd)
    40 box jumps (24")
    40 toes to bar
    60 ball slams (20)
    60 cal on the rower
    16:05.

    Probably could've worked a little harder, but pretty happy with my pace. Also, to make back squat as hard as 164# OHS would be for me, I should've done 290.
  11. Shelley Says:
  12. "Sometimes you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball".

    23:40 Rx'd.

    I felt like the ball today. OHS owned me; I broke them up 5/5/2/3/2/3. These had been feeling pretty good, but I can't say that today. CTB have been better than they were today as well. Swings were the only thing I did unbroken. I even had to redo a couple wall balls (didn't hit the wall).

    This was a tough WOD. Great job to 6 a.m. !!

    Nice pic Jen! Keep up the good work!!
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. Yes, Jenn is BAD ASS because she is a crossfitter, but she is even more BAD ASS because she is a crossfitter from Tekamah!

    24:24 at 155# OHS... and it nearly killed me. The pain I felt this morning were my sins of the Holiday weekend leaving my body.

    Jenn Grass could probably do this WOD... twice.
  15. Jen Allison Says:
  16. Holy Hannah! 22:58 I was the ball today too, Shelley. I scaled OH Squats to 87#, and the weight wasn't heavy, my technique sucked. I did kipping pull ups instead of C2B because I also need to work on those. I know what I'll be doing on Thursday! I did wall balls to the writing on the wall after I missed the top red line on the wall completely (how is that possible??!) 4 times in a row. Awesome workout, though! I had fun and was happy to be with the 6am crew!
  17. Natalie Says:
  18. Ricky gave me a challenge today...get 10 OHS at 77# by October 1st. I accept and will do my best to get there. BIG DNF today and as Paul so eloquently stated "scaled like a mo-fo"
  19. Jen Allison Says:
  20. Also, Jen Grass is awesome! She is always busting it in the gym. Not to mention she has an awesome sense of humor.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. Oh boy, this was a tough one, makes me wish I wouldn't of done the Jon Day special yesterday (5k run)

    Anyways, I always feel like I could have done this 30 sec to a min faster, idk if it is the 5 am grogginess or just me being lazy, but nonethless I was happy to finish.

    18:29 RX

    Was REAL happy about getting the OHS at 164 done in three sets (9, 7, 4), swings were a set of 11, and 10 (I missed a rep), box jumps I did in sets of ten, c2b owned me, could only string about 5 together at a time, and I missed TWICE so had to redo those. Wallballs I did in sets of 10 and again, missed TWICE so had to make those up to. Thought it'd be better to be honest rather than cheat myself.

    This was real fun, and I was happy to get all those OHS done, everyone at 5 am did awesome, as I'm sure everyone the rest of the day will as well.
  23. Kelli Says:
  24. Jen is a beast and always a pleasure to work out with! :-)
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. 24:15 Rx'd.

    I broke up OHS 8, 6, 6.
    KB swings unbroken
    Box Jumps 15, 15, 10.
    C2B started off feeling really good but by the end was doing sets of 2's. I probably took way too much rest in between jumping on and off the bar too.
    Wall balls felt really good, and hand release burpees were tough at the end.

    Noon class is always a pleasure. Great work everyone!

    Addi---hope your back feels better ASAP!
  27. Stacey Rose Says:
  28. Jenn! Way to go girl! I miss working out with you guys so much! Always checking the blog to see what you guys are up to! Keep up the hard work girl!
  29. JonD Says:
  30. WALL BALLS!!!! How I love you!

    OH Squats - 20 unbroken
    KB Swings -14 and 6
    Box Jumps 6 reds - stepped down each time knee been hurtin me
    Chest to bar - 10-7-3-5-5-5-5
    Wall Balls - 6x10
    Burpees 60 unbroken but slooow.

    18:20 Finish right when Jake finished

    Good one to start the week with.
  31. svioli Says:
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.
  33. svioli Says:
  34. Glad to be back after a few weeks off due to "life." Great workout to get back into things, even on my birthday! 22:00, NOT Rx'd. sucked just all the way around.
  35. Anonymous Says:
  36. 9 seconds Jon! I knew I should of went faster on those burpees and wallballs!
  37. JonD Says:
  38. Sorry buddy I didn't even see your time until afterwards when Jake pointed it out. 9 seconds on a workout like that when your as new as you are trust me man you keep bustin you hump your gonna become a bigger beast!

    JennG - I love working with her because she listens very well and does exactly what we tell her to do with no questions asked. She is very hard on herself but when you strive for big goals you have to be. Keep working hard Jenn and you will get everything you work for!

    Last did the 31 Heroes on Sunday with an old CFO member. Kelleigh and I got 7 rounds plus 3 rope climbs in. Thursters and the run were awful. After seeing everyone do it Saturday I had to do it.
  39. jakeH Says:
  40. 18:20 Rx'd

    OHS (13, 6, 1) last one took 2 attempts.
    KB swings unbroken
    Box Jumps slow and steady (20, 15, 5)
    C2B Pull-ups mostly sets of 5
    WBs (35,25)
    Buprees (sucked)

    Today was rough. Was considering scaling OHS, but didn't. The highlight had to be when Jon and I started buprees together at the end. What a grinder.
  41. JennG Says:
  42. You guys are cracking me up! Really, Eric?? HA! Thank you all for the kind words.. I love being at CFO because everyone here pushes me to be better...a life-changing experience in many ways. I hope our coaches know how truly valued and appreciated they are.

    Is it a coincidence that this came up just as I had decided to take a small hiatus from the gym?? Just a few days to regroup.

    Kudos to everyone that comes in to do this today...it looks like a bear!
  43. ZachR Says:
  44. 21:15 Scaled

    132# OHS 8,7,5 reps
    2 pd swings unbroken
    20 inch box jumps slow and steady
    C2B pull ups 8,6,6,5,5,5,5
    Wall Balls 6x10
    Burpees super slow

    Pretty sure today's WOD was designed to punish those of us who may have enjoyed the long weekend a little too much...
  45. Kristina Nash Says:
  46. This one was tough. A good ass kicking to start the week off right!

    OHS 77# two sets of ten
    Green kettlebell for swings (1.25 pd?)
    20 inch box jumps
    4 kipping pull ups, 36 jummping (my hands are still recovering from last Thursday night, OUCH!)
    Wall Balls (6 sets of 10)
    Burpees (just tried to keep moving, took a couple breaks around 20 and 40)

    Wonder what the rest of the week will bring?

    Good work 5 am. I agree Pat, everything seems a little harder first thing in the morning.
  47. Danny Says:
  48. Damn 5am is early! Had a great group to work out with though.

    24:18 rx'd
    OHS- 12,4,4
    KBS - 10, 10
    Box jumps - slow but steady
    C2B - 10,7,5,5,5,5,3
    WB - 15,10,10,10,8,7
    Burpees - too slow

    not real happy with my time, think i rested too much. always stuff to improve on.
  49. Addi Says:
  50. Jenn, you're a stud. Everyone knows you work hard, but, more importantly, you work SMART. Like Jon said, it's going to pay off big. Enjoy your days off!

    Thanks, Megan! Made an emergency visit to Dr. Fostersen and spent the night in the recliner with an ice pack. Should be better in the next couple days!
  51. Greg MO Says:
  52. That a girl!! Way to keep up the good work Jen ;)
  53. Crystal Says:
  54. DNF-scaled

    OHS-10 reps @ 77#
    KBS-1 Pood unbroken
    Box Jumps-24" sets of 5
    C2B-sets of 2-3
    Wall Balls
    Burpees

    the fact i actually did 77# for OHS in a workout is good. needs lots more work on technique. took too much time on C2B & wallballs. made it thru 18 burpees and they were slow.

Thanks For Visiting!