RSS

Friday 110902

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Double Body-weight Dead-lift x 15 reps

All reps must be unbroken and chained together. No excessive bouncing is allowed but you cannot take your hands off the bar or pause at the bottom during your 15 reps either.

Scale if necessary but log your result and better it next time. Check comments for scaling options.

Demo video [mov]

followed by,

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 rep rounds for time of:
Double Unders
Sit ups

Post weight used for dead-lift and "Annie" time to comments/Logwod.

Great pic of Tara Doughty doing some front squats during our mini competition a couple of Saturday's ago.

edit post

12 Responses to "Friday 110902"

  1. paul Says:
  2. DL + DU = happy Paul.

    DL: 318x16. Sold myself short, should've gone for 330. Next time!

    Annie: 5:25 (15s PR).

    that's 5:25, Pat! I think you can beat it...
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. DL: 273x15 (1.75 x BW) BW is 156#

    These felt pretty good. I've done this weight before on DL during strength class where it was as many reps as possible and got 9 so this is a PR of sorts. I also felt like I kept good form which sometimes can go south with heavier weight.

    Annie: 6:53 (23s PR)

    This is the first time I've done Annie with DU's all unbroken.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!!

    I enjoy working with you Gina! You made the DL's look easy!!!
  5. GregP Says:
  6. I only got 14 reps at #213. It wasn't the weight, my grip failed for the 1st time.

    I got 50-40-30 DUs unbroken and FINISHED Annie under the cutoff at 9:31 Huge PR for me

    Great Job 6am!
  7. Mark Says:
  8. 274# x 15 for me. I was going to try 284# which is 1.5 times BW but I pulled a set of 5's off at the last minute. It was tough but the only because I still have trouble keeping a solid back.

    6:04 for Annie. Not a PR but I missed on my DUs twice so that hurt a bit. Situps got really tough on the last 3 rounds.
  9. Kristina Nash Says:
  10. My husband is telling me I need to take a day off as my hands are shredded from last nights competition (which was a blast by the way!). My response was "hell no, it's deadlift day!". I mean really, a day off on a deadlift day? Unheard of!

    See everyone at 430!

    Way to represent last night ladies! Thanks for putting this together Ricky!
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. Deadlift = big weakness... so I went to class this morning... and got schooled. But ya gotta work on those weaknesses!

    225# = 67% 1 rm max. Should have went a little heavier.

    Annie = 6:11
  13. jakeH Says:
  14. 323 x 15 (about 1.73 of BW)

    Annie: 6:02 or 6:09 can't remember.

    Paul definitely set the bar high today with that huge dead-lift and lightning fast Annie. I think I can pull more. In my case the heavy dead-lifts made sit ups tougher.
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Once again, Ricky lures me into Annie by pairing her with a way cooler workout.

    198#x15 - this weight felt heavy in the warmup, but easy for 15. Glad I started a little light, though, because it let me focus on the form and gave me some things to work on. 208# would have been 1.25xBW for me, but i think I would have had a hard time controlling the descent.

    Annie - 7:05 (PR - old time 8:41) I hadn't done this since Feb. 2010. I'm sure my situps were faster than last time, but they didn't suck my will to live any less. DU were pretty solid today - just tripped twice, and it was because I got lazy. (Imagine. Me, lazy.)
  17. paul Says:
  18. Jake--thanks, bro. Looking at your 323, though, I wish I'd attempted heavier!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. 275# for DL, all 15 felt real good, I wish I would of went closer to 300, but all I could hear in my head was Ricky talking about good form, so I tried to do as well as I could on my form.

    I don't know how this will work since there were NO WITNESSES, but I got Annie in 4:57, with good, legit sit ups. I and didn't ever stop on either movement.

    And Addi, you have it all wrong! Annie was the awesome part of the work out!!!!
  21. paul Says:
  22. I believe it, Pat. I don't like it, but I believe it.
  23. ZachR Says:
  24. 270# x 15 reps (1.5 x BW)

    Annie in 8:34

    situps were absolutely terrible

Thanks For Visiting!