RSS

Monday 110926

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 1 minute of:
"DT"
12 Dead-lifts, 154#/104#
9 Hang Power Clean, 154#/104#
6 Push Jerks, 154#/104#

Rest 1 minute.

AMRAP in 2 minutes of:
Sprint 50 yards
1 round of "DT"

Rest 1 minute.

AMRAP in 3 minutes of:
Sprint 100 meters
1 round of "DT"

Rest 1 minute.

AMRAP in 4 minutes of:
Sprint 200 meters
1 round of "DT"

Rest 1 minute.

AMRAP in 5 minutes of:
Sprint 400 meters
1 round of "DT"

Each amrap (except 1st) is run followed by a single round of "DT" then run again and so on.

Post total rounds of "DT" completed to comments/Logwod.

Now Adam Brock shows us a true face of doing FGB.

edit post

15 Responses to "Monday 110926"

  1. BC Says:
  2. This workout is...just...sweet mary mother of god...
  3. Addi Says:
  4. I think the words you're looking for are, "THE BEST IDEA EVER."
  5. Gdawg Says:
  6. Agreed, Addi! This workout kicks ass! can't wait to try it Rx'd someday!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. 6 1/2 RDS Rx'd

    I had 15 secs left over after first round and between 30-50 secs left over after 2nd run in rounds 2-4. In last round, I took off for 2nd run with 1:30 left and finished :40 over.

    I didn't break DT up in first round, but after that I broke it up after 11 DL's and then after 5th hang clean and again after 8th hang clean. I didn't break up any of the push jerks in any rounds.

    When I saw this posted last night, I thought it would be tough. I like DT, and I like sprints, but I wasn't sure how I would like them together.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. Is CrossFit HQ coming to do some filming or something? yowza...
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. 5 1/2 Rounds Rx'd

    Nice even pace. Got the extra half round on round 4 after feeling guilty of not pushing for an extra 1/2 round in round 2 or 3.

    I liked this one!
  13. BigD Says:
  14. 5 1/2 rounds w/ 132#. Sprint + DT = dead frickin' tired! Good seeing you up with the 5AM monsters this morning E!
  15. Hilg Says:
  16. 5 Rounds plus 2 X .5 rounds. @ 132

    Got all 5 rounds in with the extra half in rounds 2 and 3. 3 seemed to be the easiest round in terms of extra time?? BARELY made the finish of the first round and while I didn't put the bar down I was slow in executing the cleans....amazing what a difference pace of execution makes.

    Don't think I could have finished RX'd but I guess we'll never know!! ;-)
  17. jakeH Says:
  18. 166.5 reps rx'd

    I guess noon class decided to count each round of DT as 27 reps + 1 for the run = 28 reps per round.

    Broke up the later rounds with 11 DL, 1 DL + 8 HPC, 1 HPC + 6 Push Press.

    Good crowd today.
  19. JonD Says:
  20. Well since Jake's comment:

    156 Rx'd if we are counting the runs.

    Great workout and this one was tough, brought together my two favorite things, DT and running!
  21. paul Says:
  22. That was rough! my face was burning afterward. 140 reps, give or take. rx'ed on DL and HPC, but had to use 30# DB and do push press instead of rx'ed jerks.

    4:30 killed it!
  23. Danny Says:
  24. 136 reps rx'd

    This one was brutal. I really struggled with my grip on the HPC's. Had to split jerk my last couple rounds of jerks.
  25. Kelli Says:
  26. Ok so I think i wrote it wrong on the board. Per JonD the first run didn't count as a rep - only the 2nd one did if you made it to that. If that is the case I did 140 (i.e 1 round of DT rounds 1,3,4/ 1 RD + run + 9 DL round 2/ 22 reps in RD 5). Did 87#
  27. JennG Says:
  28. Brain's not working real great tonight and sorta confused about how to count this, so since Ricky said to consider each round a separate workout, that's how I'm counting. Used 77#. And even though someone, who shall remain nameless, said that partial runs don't count, I think that's crappy so I'm counting them.

    1st: 12DL, 9PC, 2PJ
    2nd: 1rd + 8DL
    3rd: 1rd + 6DL
    4th: 1rd + 100m run
    5th: 1rd + 100m run
  29. Addi Says:
  30. 180 + 2 partial runs rx'd

    This was super fun in all the worst ways, and awful in all the best ways. My mucus-y lungs definitely slowed me down even more than usual when we hit the 200m run, and then decided to clear itself during the entire 400 run. Sorry to anyone running behind me (not many) if my constant hacking and spitting grossed you out and/or hit you. If it helps, I definitely got myself a couple times. It was unpleasant.

Thanks For Visiting!