RSS

Tuesday 110927

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Overhead Squat 5-5-5 reps

The challenge for this workout is to try and use the same weight for all three sets and not miss any reps. How heavy can you push the limit? Will you even come to class once you see that it's overhead squat?

Post weight used to comments/Logwod.


Click on the picture to see an enlarged view of the rest of the great rowing faces from this year's Fight Gone Bad fundraiser.

edit post

11 Responses to "Tuesday 110927"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. DNF: I had 125# on the bar, and I failed to get 5th rep in first set, thought I just needed to switch to women's bar, and do same weight (126#) on women's bar for second set. I missed on my 4th rep I believe. 3rd set at 121# was the only set of 5 I did, and they felt "off". I've done a set of 5 at 136# before and know that felt a heck of a lot better. I don't know what my problem was today. I've got no excuses.

    I saw some good work from others at 6 a.m.

    Tomorrow is a new day......may I not suck like I did today!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. So damn close to RX'd! Did first two sets w/154#. Shoulders were a bit shaky on the last couple reps but got through them. On set 3, stumbled a bit on rep 4. Thought I recovered enough for the 5th and final rep. Damn shoulders gave out as I was coming up. Crap! But, my knee didn't pop this time, so that's a good thing.
    Good working with you this morning Danny!
  5. Jess Says:
  6. 58# for all 3 sets

    I didn't want to go any heavier because I was having a hard time keeping my core tight.

    Great job 6am!

    JChrist
  7. JonD Says:
  8. Back Squatted today

    3x5 #257

    Worked on Rope climbs, working on a new technique and its feeling much better.

    "Unbroken"
    Strict Pull ups
    Muscle up into Strict Dips
    10-8-6-4-2
    6:24

    Had to do all reps unbroken and the dips I was too lazy to bring the rings down so I just did one muscle up each round to get into my dips.

    Good work today on things I don't get to work on all that much.
  9. Eric C Says:
  10. I showed up today! It didn't hurt that I like OHS.

    159# rx'd.

    Good job today nooners!
  11. paul Says:
  12. I can't do much weight on the OHS right now, but I did 3 sets of 10 at 95 (at home). Followed it up with

    5 rds
    10 OHS (44)
    15 KB swings (25#)
    20 DU
    7:10.
  13. Danny Says:
  14. 164# Rx'd

    I was feeling a little unstable during warm ups so didn't push the weight too much. 2nd and 3rd set felt good, I think I could have gotten 169# rx'd. Great job pushing yourself this morning Dave, I thought you were gonna gut that last one out!
  15. BC Says:
  16. 132#. 1st 2 sets felt solid, 3rd set was a little sketchy but I got it.
  17. Kristina Nash Says:
  18. 77# x 3 sets. I think I should have gone a bit heavier.

    Next time.

    Small 530 class so we got a little extra coaching attention! Thanks Jon! May winter be FAR FAR away!

    I wonder what tomorrow will bring...
  19. Addi Says:
  20. 99# x 3 sets

    Felt easy (especially after the knee cue from Joe - made a big difference!) except for my damn right wrist. I've been focusing so much on being hurt and sick that I've been ignoring my wrist mobility issue, and it showed. It won't sit right under the bar, so it cranks my shoulder into a bad position. Long story short, it felt like a really bad idea to go heavier.
  21. Kelli Says:
  22. now this is a workout i show up to...but i didn't today...was watching Mom lift all evening (she was lifting at Worlds Powerlifting). I'll make this up - you know I will.

Thanks For Visiting!