RSS

Friday 110909

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Behind the Neck Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

The jerk can either be a push or split variation.

Post weights to comments/Logwod.

Fight Gone Bad as explained by Greg Glassman. This is the workout you all will be doing on the 17th. Get Some.
__________________________________________

Our two big announcements from yesterday's post in case you do not have Facebook are:

1. On Wednesday, September 14th, we are hosting a special stink and drink at Goldeez Bar and Grill. Goldeez is managed my CFO member Jillian Kinzer. The stink and drink if you don't already know is a social function where you come and workout at either 4:30 or 5:30pm and then head straight on over to the place of choice and socialize. Even if you don't workout during these afternoon times, you are still encouraged to attend. Festivities begin at 6:30-6:45.

The function will serve two other functions as well. The first is to release pertinent information to all those participating in next weekend's Fight Gone Bad 6 fundraiser. This info will include but not be limited to heats, times, location, etc., etc. You will not want to miss this info. The second function is the airing of the first 30 minutes of this year's CrossFit Games on ESPN2. The coverage airs at 7pm CST to the world. We will be there to watch it on 15 big screen televisions. Goldeez will be providing CFO specific specials including gluten-free fare/paleo-ish, gluten-free beers, Norcal Margaritas, and the like. Should be a good time. Maybe you don't come to most things (you know who you are) but then again, maybe you come to this.

2. The second announcement is that on Thursday, September 22nd, we will be testing a trial-run Yoga class in the gym during the 4:30pm class. This is not a set in stone offering at a set in stone class time but only an opportunity to see what the community response is. I have found a fantastic person who is excited about instructing the first ever CFO yoga class. Her name is CeCe Carson and she teaches at One Tree Yoga. This also means that this specific class time on this date is a yoga only offering with no open gym available.

Sign in on mindbody and we'll let you in. Get on the waiting list. If you think this could be a good thing, a large attendance speaks volumes. Even if 4:30 isn't the time you think it should be held, come anyways and support as when it is held or even what day is up for suggestion. No extra charge for attending.

edit post

4 Responses to "Friday 110909"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Since split jerk is something I really need work on, decided to do all rounds with them. Went 132, 154, 164, then tried 198 twice. Got the weight up, but my split wasn't really there. Was close, but not as good as it could be. So, went down to 174, then finsihed with 184.
    Liked this one. Way to throw up some massive weight Jeremy and Garrett!
  3. paul Says:
  4. I'm trying to remind myself that I won't lose all my progress because I have to skip overhead work until my elbow heals...
  5. Kristina Nash Says:
  6. I may have done one extra set to get to 109#, but I swear our time keeper miscounted...JON!!

    I used the split squat and with some coaching to decrease my dip, I really felt pretty solid with these. I'd like to try to go a bit heavier next time.

    Good stuff this morning!
  7. ZachR Says:
  8. 198-220-230-235-242-247-252-257

    257 is only 8# from the most weight I have put over head so I am very pleased with today's results.

Thanks For Visiting!