RSS

Wednesday 110824

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
5 rounds for time of:
8 Pistols, right leg
8 Dead-lifts, 308#/209#
8 Pistols, left leg
8 Kettlebell Swings, 2/1.5 pood

Post time to comments/Logwod.


Game Time, by SICFIT
__________________________________________

You want more competitions? You got them. Impromptu competition next Thursday night (September 1st) at 7:30pm, in the gym. Be there or be square. Let's fill the gym up. Be there to compete or be there to support but YOU better be there.

edit post

18 Responses to "Wednesday 110824"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Pretty sure I can go to this one. Count me in!
  3. Kristina Nash Says:
  4. September 1?
  5. tina Says:
  6. gettin childcare lined up. I plan on being there and trying my best to finish this time. Thx for this next opportunity Ricky! These are crazy nasty good for all of us.
  7. Ricky Frausto Says:
  8. Yeah, September 1st. Thanks KN.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. I kind of have a love hate relationship with pistols.... I love them when they aren't in the work out and I hate them when they are.

    Big fat DNF on this one, and thats all I'm going to say.

    Don't think I can make it next Thursday, have to work.

    Ricky, is there going to be a given day that these are on or time period? Or will it kind of just vary?

    Just curious.
  11. paul Says:
  12. bad sign when you start thinking of 2pd KB swings as the easy part...

    DNF. 4 full rds with assisted pistols. otherwise rx'ed. getting closer and closer with pistols. I was happy to see them in a WOD again!

    24:50 yesterday, scaled to 1.5pd swings and ball slams. So I think I owe a 1200.

    GREAT WORK 6am!
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. 13:27 Rx'd.

    Small victory for me today as I could do pistols without my heel coming up (weightlifting shoes help with that). I look forward to the day when I can rep these out like they were air squats :)Right now, they are slow. Right leg is easier for me than my left, and I had to redo 2 reps on my left leg, one each in rounds 3 and 4.

    Deadlifts and swings felt strong/solid. I didn't go super fast, but I never felt like they got heavy even in later rounds.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!

    Count me in for next Thursday night as well.
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Just finished my 1200m(ish - 5 loops of 230m, plus a down and back in the parking lot - should be pretty damn close). 6:00 flat. Not a great time, but pretty decent for me. Just glad I got it over with before it got any warmer. :)
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. Sweet vid
  19. Jen Allison Says:
  20. I'm in for next Thursday!
  21. tina Says:
  22. DNF: 4 rounds with 2 right leg pistols, scaled DL 121#, green KB

    i liked this workout..need to get to be able to Rx the DL.
  23. JonD Says:
  24. Yesterday 21:49

    Today: DNF!

    Ego went out the door today. I need to work on DL so I scaled to #286. I finished the workout 15 something just cuz I wanted to finish. I had 4 pistols and Swings left to complete the workout.

    This one was really hard for me and I am glad I scaled because this is a huge weakness for me. So instead of going heavier and slower and tried to go heavy and get close to finishing.

    Good luck everyone and always learning right!
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. Best DNF I've ever had! haha! Went rx'd and worked on pistol technique. 308 was heavy today. I have 2 bad tears on my hands from "Bradley" and it made gripping the bar tough. Pleased to get 3 rds in considering I have never done pistols in a workout. Nice job Shelley on being the only one so far to do this one
  27. Kristina Nash Says:
  28. 13:21 with 165# DL and 1 pood swings. Maybe I should have tried the 1.5 pood swings as the 1 pood felt light at the beginning. Although nothing felt light at the end.

    This was a fun one! DL are one of my favorite movements.

    Great job 430! It was hot in there!

    Hopefully I can walk tomorrow, haha!
  29. Kelli Says:
  30. DNF - 187# DL which got super heavy. Also did assisted pistols and 1 pood swings. Got through 4 rounds + 8 pistols.
  31. Danny Says:
  32. DNF -
    4 rds in 16:15. Did my first set of DL at 286# and then went down to 242#. Did 2 rds of pistols with 20# held in front and then negatives for the last 2. DL and pistols are definitely two weaknesses I need work on.

    I won't be able to make the Thursday competition, I have a night class in Lincoln. Count me in for the corporate cup though!
  33. Tovar Says:
  34. 13:31 not rx'd

    Used 286 and switched to 264 a few reps into rd 4. Cruised thru first 3 rds and then hips and low back started to fatigue. It was like I hit a wall on deadlifts. Last two rds took forever. F'in deadlifts! Got to get better.
  35. hannah eileen Says:
  36. this sucked. 14:45ish with 154# dl and only 8 pistols/rd.

Thanks For Visiting!